Options

Samsung - LE32R88BDD problems

I've left it on standby allday just got in and switched it on - the picture flashes up for about 2 seconds and then goes all black. The sound stays fine. I've checked all plugs/connections, switched it on and off and the same keeps happening :(

Anyone offer any advice or help?

Comments

• Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the picture flashes up for about 2 seconds and then goes all black. The sound stays fine.

From what source?..its internal tuner or do you view Sky or cable through it?
    If it happens on every source it sounds like a problem with the backlight cutting off and you'll need to get it looked at by an experienced TV repairman.
  • Options
    ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every source - Sky, DVD and PS3 - I'll get 2 or 3 seconds of picture which then cuts out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds to me like it's trashed, however you could try unplugging it for a few minutes (rather than just switching it off) to see if it is a software promlem.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoned up Samsung and have an engineer coming out to fix it tomorrow.
  • Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoned up Samsung and have an engineer coming out to fix it tomorrow.

That suggests it's under guarantee?
    If so...why post here asking for help? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That suggests it's under guarantee?
    If so...why post here asking for help? :confused:

Perhaps he thought one of us may have been able to suggest something which would not have required an engineers visit? after all we are here to help/advise if we can. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulr2006 wrote: »
    Perhaps he thought one of us may have been able to suggest something which would not have required an engineers visit? after all we are here to help/advise if we can. :cool:

Exactly - thought someone may have known a solution.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Samsung took it away and haven't fixed it in 3wks so are returning the broken tv to me along with a credit for use with Dixons where I intially bought it from.

I take it Dixons will accept a credit from Samsung?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Samsung took it away and haven't fixed it in 3wks so are returning the broken tv to me along with a credit for use with Dixons where I intially bought it from.

I take it Dixons will accept a credit from Samsung?

Yes that should be no problem whatsoever, bit of a result really as you get a new guarantee on what you buy! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking now and I can get a Toshiba 37" with a better spec for the same amount I paid 4 months ago so in the end its turned out alright :)
  • Options
    wilko1978wilko1978 Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Samsung 32R88,why does it not have a power button?I mean when you turn it off it just goes into standby,the only way to turn it off out of standby is the plug switch. :confused: