Options

Are Ian and Jane the WORST parents in EastEnders History?

Comments

• Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Yes! Of course they are they've done nothing right and I love them!
    Ben committed a crime on two occasions. The first one was (I think) GBH after he fractured Jordan's skull. He then killed Heather with a blow to the head. I recall his charge was reduced to manslaughter.

This is correct, :confused:Though I don't see any difference between the deeds he and his nephew committed.
  • Options
    Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Steven's life is ruined if he doesn't manage his mental disability. Peter's life is ruined as he must cope with the guilt of knowing what happened to Lucy and his and his family's involvement with Lucy's death. Lucy's life is ruined, because she is dead. Cindy's life is ruined from having a child at 14. Bobby's life is ruined because he has killed. Lauren and Abi's lives are nothing compared to that.

Steven has to take responsibility for his own actions and not try and palm them off on Ian's alleged bad parenting (even though Ian raised him and rescued him and Cindy from that grotty bedsit that Wicksy had dumped them in).
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! Of course they aren't they've done nothing wrong and I love them!
    Ian really fought for the twins when Cindy adducted them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would Peter be a good-for-nothing and would Lucy be dead if Ian hadn't "fought" to get them back? He ended up making a pigs ear of the twins' upbringing.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Peter be a good-for-nothing and would Lucy be dead if Ian hadn't "fought" to get them back? He ended up making a pigs ear of the twins' upbringing.

well presumably Cindy would have still died when giving birth to little Cindy (I don't think it was ever suggested it was negligence on the part of the prison) so they would have been left without both parents,

I actually blame Jane for the way Bobby has turned out, she has had the most influence on him in the important years of teaching right from wrong, and violence is never right so how did Bobby get to the point where it thought it was okay to hit someone on the head with an object?

I don't think Peter is a good-for-nothing, he actually seemed to work very hard, was a loyal boyfriend and friend and tried very hard to do the right thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    well presumably Cindy would have still died when giving birth to little Cindy (I don't think it was ever suggested it was negligence on the part of the prison) so they would have been left without both parents,

I actually blame Jane for the way Bobby has turned out, she has had the most influence on him in the important years of teaching right from wrong, and violence is never right so how did Bobby get to the point where it thought it was okay to hit someone on the head with an object?

I don't think Peter is a good-for-nothing, he actually seemed to work very hard, was a loyal boyfriend and friend and tried very hard to do the right thing

Cindy wouldn't have died. If she never went to prison, she would have been in a hospital where they would have had time to save her.
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is correct, :confused:Though I don't see any difference between the deeds he and his nephew committed.

The acts themselves aren't that different but Ben is screwed up because of his upbringing. His accidental killing of Heather is just the tip of an iceberg. The JBH, the twisted stalking Phil storyline, abusing Louise and his general spitefulness. That is all down to Phil, Shirley, Stella and the Mitchells in general.

Bobby however has been brought up by two parents who love him. Sure they've separated and then got back together on a number of occasions but that doesn't make a child do what Bobby did. With the exception of that one minor blip, Bobby has actually always been a lovely child!
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cindy wouldn't have died. If she never went to prison, she would have been in a hospital where they would have had time to save her.

Prisoners are taken to regular hospitals when they need treatment, she wouldn't have given birth in her cell!

When my mother had a minor operation a few years ago there was a prisoner in the same ward but in a side room, shackled to the bed with handcuffs and guarded by two prison officers - I thought my mother was hallucinating until I saw him for myself at visiting time :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    Prisoners are taken to regular hospitals when they need treatment, she wouldn't have given birth in her cell!

When my mother had a minor operation a few years ago there was a prisoner in the same ward but in a side room, shackled to the bed with handcuffs and guarded by two prison officers - I thought my mother was hallucinating until I saw him for myself at visiting time :o

Yes obviously they would be taken to a hospital, but Cindy wouls have been better prepared for childbirth if she hadn't been in prison
  • Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes obviously they would be taken to a hospital, but Cindy wouls have been better prepared for childbirth if she hadn't been in prison

You'd think by child number 4 she'd be prepared. It's just one of those things, it can happen to any woman.
  • Options
    DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben committed a crime on two occasions. The first one was (I think) GBH after he fractured Jordan's skull. He then killed Heather with a blow to the head. I recall his charge was reduced to manslaughter.

He also pushed Glenda down the stairs, but never got caught for that one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Of course they are, they've done nothing right and I hate them!
    Ian and Jane are narcissistic, negligent parents. They are putting Beth and Cindy in danger because they need a baby to play with so they can distract themselves from their macabre reality. Cindy is showing obvious signs of postnatal depression. She has repeatedly told them she isn't coping and all they care about is keeping Beth. Jane even used her standard "I won't tell Ian" ploy to manipulate Cindy. Worst of all, Ian and Jane are keeping a defenceless baby in a house with a violent child who has never been evaluated or treated and done nothing to ensure her safety. I hope Cindy takes her child and escapes this gruesome couple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Keeki wrote: »
    Ian and Jane are narcissistic, negligent parents. They are putting Beth and Cindy in danger because they need a baby to play with so they can distract themselves from their macabre reality. Cindy is showing obvious signs of postnatal depression. She has repeatedly told them she isn't coping and all they care about is keeping Beth. Jane even used her standard "I won't tell Ian" ploy to manipulate Cindy. Worst of all, Ian and Jane are keeping a defenceless baby in a house with a violent child who has never been evaluated or treated and done nothing to ensure her safety. I hope Cindy takes her child and escapes this gruesome couple.

Ne'er a truer word said.

I can't believe nobody wants to make the correlation between Ian, Jane and these five children whose lives have been destroyed under their care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't believe the majority
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats a very interesting perspective which cant be argued against. All EE's parents have gone to the dogs!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sue and Ali would be the worst, they were arguing the whole time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    I think Sue and Ali would be the worst, they were arguing the whole time

Sorry that's no patch on what Ian and Jane..
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry that's no patch on what Ian and Jane..

Ian And Jane are protecting their son and that is not being a bad parent. I doubt lucy would want Bobby sent down for her murder. Also Sue and Ali weren't the worst but she was unstable after hassan and Ali was. Gambler which led the the arguements.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Of course they are, they've done nothing right and I hate them!
    Ian And Jane are protecting their son and that is not being a bad parent. I doubt lucy would want Bobby sent down for her murder. Also Sue and Ali weren't the worst but she was unstable after hassan and Ali was. Gambler which led the the arguements.

They are being bad parents by keeping a baby in the same house as a violent child.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ian and Jane are breaking the law .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are being bad parents by keeping a baby in the same house as a violent child.
    Agreed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could have sworn Peter was older than Lucy? Maybe after all the recasts their ages became blurred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Deleted.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do as you're told Cindy or Bobby will crack open the killer pyjamas....
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Do as you're told Cindy or Bobby will crack open the killer pyjamas....

Yeah!

And Ian and Jane wouldn't like it when those pyjamas get angry...