Options

Thought Lorna would be important (spoilers obviously)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Obviously during the episode it became certain that River was the daughter (her reaction to Rory wasn't subtle :D). I was sure there was gonna be another twist however, and the girl who dies (Lorna Bucket) was going to regenerate into River Song - hence the meeting as a child etc.

Anyone else think that? Also, little thing I was confused by, but was the River who gave the Doctor a scolding the one during TIA/DOTM or the Victorian River after getting changed. I only ask because her clothes were the same as DOTM (but that could be the stormcage uniform)

Oh and little pointer. Could have sworn RTD popped his head up in this episode ;) Gay soldiers, and mixed-species lesbians :cool:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was sure she would regenerate as she died into River. And they were setting her up as a future companion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and to answer your other question, I think it was River just after Victorian clothing, as she said she couldn't visit Demon's run untill the end
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that we'll see her again, in her past, her adventures with the Doctor could be all all out of sync, ala River Song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that we'll see her again, in her past, her adventures with the Doctor could be all all out of sync, ala River Song.

Well she said she only met him once, so likely in the next half of the series :)
  • Options
    CWaywardCWayward Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I too half expected Lorna to turn out to be River and/or Amy's daughter. But I think there's a different connection...something to do with Lorna's surname being Bucket and how buckets carry water...maybe Lorna got her name from taking care of River as a child?

Probably another one of my totally wrong theories...

It's a good name anyway :) Kind of Pratchett-ish I thought.

Interesting point in the opening post about River's outfit. If she is appearing in reverse-order as it were, then I think River in TIA must be the one from the end of the episode - based on clothing. (But yeah it could be her prison uniform.) That would mean Rory met her out of the usual reverse sequence. But I'm not convinced they can be meeting in opposite 'directions' or what would be the point of River asking the Doctor if they'd 'done' certain meetings yet (comes up in her first appearance as well as in TIA - and of course she appears to meet the 1103 year old doctor out of sequence too)

So...maybe it's anyone's guess?!
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Obviously during the episode it became certain that River was the daughter (her reaction to Rory wasn't subtle :D). I was sure there was gonna be another twist however, and the girl who dies (Lorna Bucket) was going to regenerate into River Song - hence the meeting as a child etc.

Anyone else think that? Also, little thing I was confused by, but was the River who gave the Doctor a scolding the one during TIA/DOTM or the Victorian River after getting changed. I only ask because her clothes were the same as DOTM (but that could be the stormcage uniform)

Oh and little pointer. Could have sworn RTD popped his head up in this episode ;)Gay soldiers, and mixed-species lesbians :cool:

'gay agenda' haha;):cool: