Dark Souls

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's main use is for online, using it at a bonfire allows you to turn human and interact with other players
    Humanity can be spent at a bonfire to revive to human form or kindle a bonfire.
    If you die with humanity points on your character, they're dropped together with your souls. When you pick up your souls again you'll also pick up lost humanity points.
    Human form is required in order to summon, to be invaded or to invade using Red Eye Orb or Cracked Red Eye Orb. It is not required in order to be summoned (i.e. post a white soul sign) or to invade using Blue Eye Orb. Humanity's rarity reduces and limits the frequency of cooperative and competitive multiplayer interactions.
    Humanity sprites can be rather useful as healing items while you are in another player's world as a phantom.
    Known Enemys and Bosses (NPC) Who Drop Humanity

it's others uses (i've put it in spoilers as it's kinda long)
    Rare tiny black sprite found on corpses.
    Use to gain 1 humanity and restore a
    large amount of HP.

This black sprite is called humanity, but
    little is known about its true nature.
    If the soul is the source of all life,
    then what distinguishes the humanity
    we hold within ourselves?

General Information

Weapon damage modifier. Increases damage with Chaos upgrade path.
    Increases damage with specific pyromancies. [Note: Currently doesn't work.]
    Increase Item Discovery Rate.
    Increase Curse Resist.
    Increases all defenses.
    Given to Kaathe, the Primordial Serpent in order to rank up in the Darkwraith Covenant.
    Given to the Quelaag's Sister in order to rank up in the Chaos Servant.
    Feed to Kingseeker Frampt for 1000 souls each
    Notes

Humanity can be picked up off of enemies in solid or loose form.
    Humanity can be purchased in solid form. Sold by Patches for 10000 and by Undead Merchant Female for 5000.
    Humanity is added to the summation of stat points when determining all defenses. Therefore, more humanity directly equals more defense.
    Humanity can be spent at a bonfire to revive to human form or kindle a bonfire.
    If you die with humanity points on your character, they're dropped together with your souls. When you pick up your souls again you'll also pick up lost humanity points.
    Human form is required in order to summon, to be invaded or to invade using Red Eye Orb or Cracked Red Eye Orb. It is not required in order to be summoned (i.e. post a white soul sign) or to invade using Blue Eye Orb. Humanity's rarity reduces and limits the frequency of cooperative and competitive multiplayer interactions.
    Humanity sprites can be rather useful as healing items while you are in another player's world as a phantom.
    Known Enemys and Bosses (NPC) Who Drop Humanity

The large undead rat commonly drops Humanity
    The Skeleton babys in the Tomb of the Giants, in the room before Gravelord Nito commonly drop Humanity (respawns while in water, lootable body quickly disappears after new respawn)
    At the bottom of The Duke's Archives where Logan is, the Pisaca almost always drop Humanity when the Covetus Gold Serpent Ring is equipped.
    Other ways to receive Humanity

If you've joined the Darkwraith Covenant, you can use the Dark Hand to "suck" Humanity out of players and NPCs, much like Soulsuck in Demon's Souls. The number of Humanity received is determined by your Covenant rank. To do this, you must equip the Dark Hand in your right hand and press R2. This will initiate a special grab-attack similar to the ones the Darkwraith enemies has, but has very short reach. -The Dark Hand can also be picked up off a Darkwraith enemy.
    Various invading players and NPCs drop Humanity when killed, but not all.
    In order to get Humanity from a player, either by invading or being invaded, the player must have at least 1 Humanity in "loose form" (see "Using Humanity" below), which you will receive when you kill him/her.
    You can start the game with a Twin Humanity as a gift. This can only be done once, not after each playthrough/NG+.
    Consuming a Fire Keeper Soul will give you 5 Humanity.
    Using Humanity

Humanity in "loose form" is collected as an increase to your humanity stat point, shown in the upper left corner of your HUD as well as on your character stats screen. These stat points, besides having the benefits noted above, can be spent at a bonfire to revive to human form or kindle a bonfire to increase the number of Estus flasks received when resting at that bonfire. Any unused Humanity stat points carried by the player are lost with any souls upon death and can be retrieved from your bloodstain with your souls.
    Humanity in "solid form" is collected or purchased as a consumable that will appear in your item inventory. These consumables are not lost upon death and, when used, are converted to Humanity in "loose form" as an increase to your Humanity stat. Solid form Humanity consumables can not be used directly to revive to human form or to kindle a bonfire - they must be used from the item menu to obtain a resulting Humanity stat point, which can then be spent.

taken from wikidot > http://darksouls.wikidot.com/humanity

nothing to do with humanity and you may already know this but if you press start and select configure it gives you the option to quit the game, doing so returns you to the title screen. When you next reload your carachter will be in the exact location with all souls/humanity/items and progress as when you quit. Because you can't pause the game due to it's online nature this provides a good work around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I think those dart blowers actually make you toxic, so you need the blooming purple moss. The normal one won't work.

They also do little damage once you're toxic so rush them, they don't respawn, and then use a moss to sort yourself out.

Here's a tip that I found out after a long time last night - 4 Kings scales with how many phantoms you have. So don't summon Beatrice!

And I also found out why the game is called "Dark Souls". A real "oh, THAT'S why!" moment.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im a bit unsure where to go now, I rang both bells and it looks as though I need to go to Sens Fortress but when I get there the two lizard creature things beat the crap out of me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    If you think the two lizards at the start of Sen's Fortress are tough, just wait until you venture into the fortress lol

in the words of Indiana Jone's sidekick 'booby twaps'
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lizard guys are not that difficult if you have decent weapon. Upgrading your weapon is every bit as important as levelling up your character if not more so. Invest a bit in upgrading if you haven't already.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I've just started a new character strictly to get the Rare Weapons achievement, it'll take 3 playthroughs so I'm trying to build the most OP character lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Update for my fellow dark souls peeps. I have 2 achievements left! (well three but i get the third one once i get the other two), i only need one more rare weapon which i will make when i get Sif's soul, and all miracles, which i will get when i join a couple of covenants

GWYN ON NG+ is a bitch!!!!!!!! anyone encountered the bitchness of that fight? you have no time to heal at all, he can do full screen attacks that will zap your stamina, which in turn gives you no chance to dodge, and he can then do devestating combos to kill you :eek:

I didn't use the parry strat, couldn't do it properly, I used the large spike to the left of the room, you can kite him around it and he can't strike you when he's on the higher ground, but goddamn if it didn't take me 2 hours to figure that out. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to run past all of those annoying black knights to get to the boss :rolleyes:

Amazing game overall though, i've just checked and have 170 hours over 3 characters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PC now confirmed, with new content and bosses

found a trailer on eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-11-dark-souls-pc-release-date-announced-games-for-windows-live-support-confirmed

praise the sun
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I hope this new content makes it's way to the consoles via DLC.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    ...which it will. It's now been confined the DLC is heading to PS3 and Xbox 360 also.

Looks great. :)

trailer
  • N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    The Devs said there would be no DLC because the game was complete and it didn't need any DLC
  • N3dSt4rkN3dSt4rk Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Thanks this helped a lot.

Just killed Quelaag after many attempts, wasnt too bad once you get to read her attacks.

What benefit does using humanity actually have?

It's a big game mechanic , humanity. The more humanity you hold the higher percentage of loot drops. Also when you are in human form you can summon other players to help you and vice versa. However other people can invade your world and kill you or you can kill them and vanquish them.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blindness wrote: »
    PC now confirmed, with new content and bosses

found a trailer on eurogamer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-11-dark-souls-pc-release-date-announced-games-for-windows-live-support-confirmed

praise the sun

Game= good.

Quality of port= remains to be scrutinised

GFWL= very bad.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Just started playing this again in the last few weeks, not played it since around last November and I'd forgotten just how brilliantly frustrating it is. :D I never did quite complete it first time around but am determined to do so this time.

So I'm trying to really plan my characters properly, choosing weapons to use from the start and spending the time farming at appropriate times to make sure I'm always using fully upgraded weapons etc. Also as I now understand how all the mechanics work and how to do co-op etc I'm making full use of that to summon people for bosses where I can - and it seems loads of other people are still playing, no shortage of summons for co-op (and invaders as well. :D)

Damn this game is good!