The problem with Sam Bailey...

13»

Comments

• rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Bailey has to win the X Factor. she has the best voice in the competition!

I understand what people are saying but at the end of the day give her a chance.

If she flops in the industry then she won't be the first to have failed, however at the same time she may succeed?

Who know's?

One thing is for certain she is having the time of her life on the show, and week after week she just gets better and better!

Shes no cruise ship singer, she is the real deal!. I hope people vote for her, the rest for me are not that fantastic!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam "jazz hands" Bailey
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that all the public who get behind her whilst X factor is on will soon move on and forget all about her, it happens all the time and I can't see it being any different this year. The winners or contestants need exposure, in the mags, tv and radio ect and they very rarely get much of it. the album is always put on hold until the next season starts and they get little publicity during winning and the next season so we all forget and then move on to our new favourite.

She doesn't have massive appeal and the material she could potentially release isn't current enough for the people who buy the music to rush out to by. It's sad but that's the music business.

As for her not wanting to leave her kids, she's away from them now and no doubt has been dreaming of having a Celine Dion esk career since she can remember so I can't see her having a problem with that, because if she's still trying to break it now it's clear this is a huge dream for her.

I believe she would be amazing in the west end, where she could have a great career.

I honestly can't see any of this years acts having any success, none of the acts offer anything that we don't have already, bar Luke, but if he won I doubt he would get the chance to release what he really wants to release so would fail, unless he doesn't
    win and gets signed up by another record company!

Yes the voters move on quickly to the next voting show never long to wait.

Don't think they really bother what happens after the show is over.

They will move on to the voice to see if they can give that show a hat trick of flop winners
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    She just isn't current for the charts right now. In a year from now you honestly see her competing with the likes of Rihanna and Katy Perry?

I don't even see her as a Radio 2/Celine Dion kind of artist. Her Disco week performance was vocally good, but to me showed a lot of bad habits and the Big Band week performance last night confirmed to me that she belongs in the West End, and she would be great imo, she has the voice, just not the X Factor.

Having said that, she's getting a lot of publicity and I do think there is a chance she will win.

She cant sell records like our abi !:)
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Bailley is too good to be put against this lot of young wannabes - there should be a different show for those with Sam's voice and talent.

Just watching Celine Dion now .... never been a fan and I can now see/hear why. Sam has a much better and stronger voice!
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SageDragon wrote: »
    Her own definition of success may be different from anyone's here. She's a mum - a world of touring and working away from home may not even be on her agenda. She's done very well on X Factor, whether she wins or not - that may be enough for her.

Stop setting arbitary targets by which her success has to be defined. I personally suspect that X Factor is a bit of an adventure for her and she has no defined goals beyond that.

Spot on!

Reading some of the other posts on here, it's as though some people want her to fail and would even relish in her singing career going tits up.

Sam is obviously devoted to her hubby and children and I can't seeing her going on a world tour. She's probably just going week to week at the moment.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is a a Dannii Minogue fan. Sharon Osbourne is Sam Bailey's mentor -- go figure.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've usually liked her but I hated her performance this week. It was just bellowing and very Tesco Mary. I thought she was better than that, and felt the praise from the judges was so over the top.

Also, whoever is styling her just hasn't got a clue.
  • rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A winner supposedly has to be a boy, young and fit, oh and have the aww factor. The fact they can't sing doesn't seem to matter anymore,

All Nicholas has to do is bring his mum and dad on the vt, all Luke Friend has to do is mess with his hair.

Oh a wink from either will give them more votes!

The show isnt about talent or ability anymore!, as if it was Sam B would win easily!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    She just isn't current for the charts right now. In a year from now you honestly see her competing with the likes of Rihanna and Katy Perry?

I don't even see her as a Radio 2/Celine Dion kind of artist. Her Disco week performance was vocally good, but to me showed a lot of bad habits and the Big Band week performance last night confirmed to me that she belongs in the West End, and she would be great imo, she has the voice, just not the X Factor.

Having said that, she's getting a lot of publicity and I do think there is a chance she will win.

What tosh
    I don't pay attention to current bubblegum charts anyway. Luckily that isn't the basis these days for quality music. Neither is the X factor.
    I guess the likes of Susan Boyle an Paul Potts must be wondering when they are gonna be asked to perform on an X factor stage.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    The OP is a a Dannii Minogue fan. Sharon Osbourne is Sam Bailey's mentor -- go figure.

Oh grow up woman. You're that obsessed, you think it's because of her mentor? No, it's my GENUINE opinion of Sam. It's got nothing to do with her mentor.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? There are more musical niches than pop. And more ways to measure success than the charts.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    Susan Boyle had a viral audition video. Sam Bailey doesn't have anything like that. Susan Boyle got publicity at that time because of her viral audition video. Sam Bailey doesn't have a viral audition video to get publicity of that kind.

And let's not forget - Susan "relevancy" quickly cooled off. She sold albums based on her audition video, not music.

Someone like Tamera at least has a shot with the right promo. Sam Bailey doesn't.

Susan Boyle has personally made $40m to date and continues to sell. That's 50% more than all of the members of One Direction - X Factor's most successful income generator - added together! She continues to sell and earn.

Sam would be happy to sell 1% of what Susan Boyle. She's different and a really good interpreter of music. Tamera is like 500 singers in California alone and would really struggle to get any quality songs unless she writes them herself. I think you underestimate the size of the global middle of the road standards market versus the English charts. Rod Stewart sold more American Songbook CDs than his whole rock and pop career combined. Buble sells more Christmas Perry Como albums than he does pop singles. Most music purchasers are over 40 and the standards just go on selling.
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam is probably one of the best singers of that ilk we have in the country. Everyone will know her name as her voice is undeniable. She will do very well - and I have no idea why anyone cares about her marketability. Not your problem.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Sam is probably one of the best singers of that ilk we have in the country.

lmao

really ?

come on she is good but lets not get carried away
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    lmao

really ?

come on she is good but lets not get carried away

I don't think we've seen the half of it yet...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is missing the X factor. I find her incredibly boring and the only see a small market for her is a Christmas album for a family member.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her voice and confidence on stage will suit the West end down to a tee.

Which is no shabby career at all, plenty of longevity. :)
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will sell albums but not singles. I don't think this is a problem, so long as she sells enough albums to compensate, as the albums market is contracting.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    Susan Boyle has personally made $40m to date and continues to sell. That's 50% more than all of the members of One Direction - X Factor's most successful income generator - added together! She continues to sell and earn.

Sam would be happy to sell 1% of what Susan Boyle. She's different and a really good interpreter of music. Tamera is like 500 singers in California alone and would really struggle to get any quality songs unless she writes them herself. I think you underestimate the size of the global middle of the road standards market versus the English charts. Rod Stewart sold more American Songbook CDs than his whole rock and pop career combined. Buble sells more Christmas Perry Como albums than he does pop singles. Most music purchasers are over 40 and the standards just go on selling.

This. The top 40 isn't the be all and end all.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A winner supposedly has to be a boy, young and fit, oh and have the aww factor. The fact they can't sing doesn't seem to matter anymore,

All Nicholas has to do is bring his mum and dad on the vt, all Luke Friend has to do is mess with his hair.

Oh a wink from either will give them more votes!

The show isnt about talent or ability anymore!, as if it was Sam B would win easily!

And all Sam has to do is talk about how she's so in love with her husband and then make a big point about singing directly to him in the audience.

Those vts are about shoehorning a narrative around all the contestants - they benefit Sam as they do anyone else.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Try explaining that to some of them on here. She's a fantastic singer but I can't see her doing well after XF