My chest size for ordering shirt online

marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive measured my chest with fabric tape around the widest part. Measures at 37" and i was told to add 2" onto it so that would be chest size of 39".
So if im ordering a shirt, the listed chest size is either 39" or 42". Is that the size of my chest or is that the actual garment size. I think i go with the 39", but would it be too tight or should i go with the 42". I dont get how they measure :confused:

Comments

• bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    Ive measured my chest with fabric tape around the widest part. Measures at 37" and i was told to add 2" onto it so that would be chest size of 39".
    So if im ordering a shirt, the listed chest size is either 39" or 42". Is that the size of my chest or is that the actual garment size. I think i go with the 39", but would it be too tight or should i go with the 42". I dont get how they measure :confused:

Find an existing shirt (one that fits!) and read the size off the label. Try a few to see if the sizes are consistent. (I'm assuming they don't just say L, M, S or just give a collar size.)
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    what sort of fit is it? Classic, slim, Tailored?
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slim fit, i went with the small. i found a review online where someone had bigger arms than me and described the fit and said it was generous, so fingers crossed it does fit ok.