Options

if any1 has seen the leaked script of Deep Breath answer somthing without spoiling it

jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
Forum Member
✭✭
How does 12 get his Clothes?.
Thats all i want to know surprisingly! :D:)

does he get them from the TARDIS like 10 or does he steal/borrow them like 11 and 3 :)

and does 12 suffer from any type of regeneration sickness? big or small? :)

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Hmm its like like the week before Christmas when you were younger you know were the presents are but not sure if you should check:D
  • Options
    vrooomvrooom Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He orders his new clothes from a catalogue. The only regeneration sickness is that he has a slight aversion to the smell of cheese.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I've not read the scripts, only a few teasers. Regarding his clothing, all I know is...
    He wears Eleven's outfit in the pre-credits sequence, and is then in his rugged Victorian attire for much/most of the episode.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've not read the scripts, only a few teasers. Regarding his clothing, all I know is...
    He wears Eleven's outfit in the pre-credits sequence, and is then in his rugged Victorian attire for much/most of the episode.

has there been any spoilers on a new title sequence or tardis revamp
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    How does 12 get his Clothes?.
    Thats all i want to know surprisingly! :D:)

does he get them from the TARDIS like 10 or does he steal/borrow them like 11 and 3 :)

and does 12 suffer from any type of regeneration sickness? big or small? :)

Thank you :)

Basically, (no plot spoilers ahead, just clothes and the regeneration effect.)
    the way Twelve's clothes work is exactly like the Christmas Invasion! He only wears Eleven's costume for the pre-titles sequence, spends the vast majority of the episode in pyjamas, and gets his clothes from the TARDIS in the end. :)

As for regeneration sickness, it's more moderate than anything. It affects him more than it did Eleven, but it doesn't slow him down as much as it did for Ten.

To be honest, he goes bat-shit crazy. XD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically, (no plot spoilers ahead, just clothes and the regeneration effect.)
    the way Twelve's clothes work is exactly like the Christmas Invasion! He only wears Eleven's costume for the pre-titles sequence, spends the vast majority of the episode in pyjamas, and gets his clothes from the TARDIS in the end. :)

As for regeneration sickness, it's more moderate than anything. It affects him more than it did Eleven, but it doesn't slow him down as much as it did for Ten.

To be honest, he goes bat-shit crazy. XD

This going to sound stupid but could you PM me the scripts or link to them in want to know if its true! please ill do anything!! ive looked all over and cant find them anywhere :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm its like like the week before Christmas when you were younger you know were the presents are but not sure if you should check:D

Thats whats its like! i hate it knowing people are reading eps1 to 5 right now! and i really want to but cant find them whats so ever and im also sure ill read something and regret reading it! :(

on a side note this time next year we will all know whether Davros returned and if the Master is back :)
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Frankly whoever leaked the scripts is a pathetic moron and - if they work for the BBC - I hope they get sacked.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    has there been any spoilers on a new title sequence or tardis revamp

Unlikely regarding the title sequence - that's not likely to be referenced in scripting any more expicitly than 'Pre' and 'Post' Credits markers. :)

I don't know if there is any description of the TARDIS interior scenes in the scripts that have leaked but then I'm not looking for them myself - I want to remain relatively spoiler free, and have only looked for the odd few teasers...as I couldn't help myself :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seems like a few minor tardis changes as seen in promo picture bookshelf chair and console ect no huge revamp
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Frankly whoever leaked the scripts is a pathetic moron and - if they work for the BBC - I hope they get sacked.

The wording in the DS article is 'inadvertently been made public' which makes it sound like an accident. Someone obviously couldnt resist though leaking what they saw. Moron is probably right

I'd rather know as little as possible and judge it as i see it with the wonders and warts ( hopefully more wonders)
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wording in the DS article is 'inadvertently been made public' which makes it sound like an accident. Someone obviously couldnt resist though leaking what they saw. Moron is probably right

I'd rather know as little as possible and judge it as i see it with the wonders and warts ( hopefully more wonders)

Me too. I've known more than I should have in the past, the initial feeling is great but when you finally watch the episode you realise you know all the surprises (Name of the Doctor I'm looking at you!)

Being teased is fine tho.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »

Whether the leak was deliberate or accidental, I'd say that person has been fired. It's been a PR disaster for the BBC and Moffat today. I feel bad for them.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Whether the leak was deliberate or accidental, I'd say that person has been fired. It's been a PR disaster for the BBC and Moffat today. I feel bad for them.

This could spell the end for Doctor Who, if something like this keeps happening every year. :( I'm VERY angry with the person that has leaked the five scripts. >:( They should be ever so ashamed.

They should never be allowed to work for the BBC ever again. Or in TV in general for that matter. >:(
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    This could spell the end for Doctor Who, if something like this keeps happening every year. :( I'm VERY angry with the person that has leaked the five scripts. >:( They should be ever so ashamed.

They should never be allowed to work for the BBC ever again. Or in TV in general for that matter. >:(

Whoa, that's a bit melodramatic? Yes, leaking scripts is pretty awful, but I guarantee that less than 1% of the audience will ever read them.
  • Options
    mdf84mdf84 Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    No luck so far in finding them... not that I'm looking you understand ;)
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here, everybody to their own, but I will never understand why people want to spoil it for themselves and try and find out what's happening in an episode.

I mean, watching through Classic Who at the moment, there are still times I wish I had a memory wipe and didn't know what was gonna happen next. I wish every viewing was as enjoyable as the first. (In some cases it still is)

I love a good surprise, if I had known The Tenth Doctor was gonna start to regenerate in Stolen Earth, If I'd known who Professor Yana was in Utopia, Matt Smith was gonna appear in An Adventure In Space And Time, and that Tom Baker was gonna appear in Day Of The Doctor, none of these would have been as thrilling and exciting than if I'd known before hand.

In short, Spoilers Suck-IMO, off course.

• Options
    bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How can you possibly know that? Especially before the BBC Worldwide investigation has finished.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    Ive skimmed the first episode, but ive deleted the rest, i dont want to know any more.

I feel so bad for moffat and the whole team, so much work has gone into this, and a lot of the excitement is not knowing what will happen next.

i really hope heads roll for this, and that it doesn't affect ratings or jeopardise the future of the show in any way.
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bp2 wrote: »
    How can you possibly know that? Especially before the BBC Worldwide investigation has finished.

Well I can't guarantee it but they are talking of a "leak "which doesn't happen without human intervention. It suggests that the scripts were not adequately protected in a confidential way that they were able to be leaked. I could believe that one scripts is surely accidental but 5 - someone is careless or likes to spoil
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mdf84 wrote: »
    No luck so far in finding them... not that I'm looking you understand ;)

They're floating around several torrent sites
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got up to the opening titles of Deep Breath and decided to go no further. I kept reading witty dialogue and thinking how good it would have been to hear those lines performed spontaneously.

These scripts are more ruiners than spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member

From how it sounds, there were attempts to submit the scripts to someone or generally to the new website for BBC Miami. It's possible and even likely that some issue with the new site's security played a role causing the scripts, and very briefly the episodes themselves apparently, to be made public.

It does seem likely to have been an accident, but that's not to say nobody is faultless. Someone or multiple people have been irresponsible with whatever they were doing. I just feel sorry for the poor guy who has his name all over them... if these have been submitted online then it's entirely possible that none of this is down to him.
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    This could spell the end for Doctor Who, if something like this keeps happening every year. :(

Let's not get carried away *Roll-eyes-smiley-rest-in-peace*

If anything, the amount of interest that this leak has garnered has shown how influential and well regarded the show is even when it's not being heavily promoted, or relying on its actors, or its CGI. This amount of fuss for a few pieces of paper isn't the kind of thing many shows would get.

Changes in regulation in future are going to be necessary, but there's nothing to suggest anything will change from a viewer standpoint. And for most people that standpoint will be complete obliviousness... the mainstream viewer isn't going to track down scripts to some obscure torrenting website, nor do they check for spoilers in places like this. The most they get are a few tactless spoilers in the newspapers, if they bother to read any of those.
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whoa, that's a bit melodramatic? Yes, leaking scripts is pretty awful, but I guarantee that less than 1% of the audience will ever read them.

you get used to the melodrama from some posters, well...one anyway.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about scripts is that they're not necessarily representative of the finished episode. There are often changes made during filming.
    Nevertheless, whoever leaked them is an idiot and should be sacked.