Awesome Sid and Ola!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
Forum Member
Loved loved loved their routine. They looked really good together.

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I loved it too. The judges were harsh I feel. His hips were great and I slightly fancy him which is unexpected.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very very shocked!

I fancy Sid Owen :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hate Eastenders. Hate that Cockney type accent. Thought he would leave me cold.

I actually have a bit of a crush going on :o:o:o:o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was surprised at the judges' comments, but they were probably right. I just think there is a great chemistry between Sid and Ola which is quite unexpected and I found them very entertaining together. I really liked their dance.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starpuss wrote: »
    I am very very shocked!

I feel the same. Think it's because his warmth comes right off the screen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I am very very shocked!

I actually have a bit of a crush going on :o:o:o:o

LOL I know what you mean. Although with Ola in that costume, I'm almost more likely to fancy her! :o:confused:
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they make a good couple and hope they go a long way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still having a bit of a flush :D:eek:
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a very nice, smiley, happy fella - it totally shows in his dancing.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were fantastic!:D Best dance of the night so far for me.
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked them a lot too! I was slightly taken aback by the judges being so negative.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    I thought it was great and I'm absolutely loving Sid - more sexy than Louis IMO
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid is just totally endearing - huge grin, lots of willingness and energy, no ego, and he can shake his thang.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved everything about their routine. Surely Sid must be a contender.:):):)
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love them. Wasn't the best salsa but I do think the judges were harsh. They are so likeable too.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think judges were right. Routine was too much about Ola & didn't get the audience reaction.
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    I loved everything about their routine. Surely Sid must be a contender.:):):)

I thought of Chris Hollins while watching this.

And I think I fancy Sid too...:o;)

Hell, I'm a straight girl, but I think I fancy Ola...:o:o
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting really not to like Sid, but he's completely won me over. He and Ola have a partnership that's a joy to watch.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very very shocked!

I feel the same. Think it's because his warmth comes right off the screen

I quite fancy him as well. He's got mischief written all over his face ;)

Sid might not be the best dancer but he's bags of fun and he's got a terrific partnership going with Ola. If he can master the Latin technique he could go far. The only thing that might stop him in his tracks is a dance-off with someone who's technically better (but maybe not as popular).
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    I've posted a couple of times wittering about what fun Sid was when he took part in I'm A Celeb. :o

He eventually came 2nd, losing out to Carol Thatcher who was something of a revelation - pretty much everything her mother is not.

He was a great team player, always upbeat and derived tremendous fun from everything he did. I laughed my socks off at him and was sorry to see him lose out to the Thatcher juggernaut. :eek::D

I trust he & Ola will stick around for some time yet - their joie de vivre is infectious. :D
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the routine, but I think the judges were right about the technical side of things - it was lacking. He does remind me a bit of Chris Hollins though, and if anyone knows how to get a dancer like that through the competition, it's Ola! I'm really enjoying their partnership, and the banter between them and Denise & James :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sid flush has abated slightly :D

Still loving him though. But he most definitely does not remind me of Chris Hollins. In fact I do not want any thoughts of Chris Hollins. Gurning. Or that Charleston. I have just about managed to expunge such thoughts from my brain. Almost.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt think the Salsa was great but he comes across as a lovely guy (I knew nothing about him but the name before hand) and he tries really really hard. I have a feeling he will be good at the Tango next week, Ola's got herself a bloke with a great personality again and remember what happened the last time she did.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Sid is doing really well and I'm so pleased, he's a lovely chap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    I thought that I was the only one who had developed a weird crush on Sid! Arrrrgh!!! It feels so weird to watch Ricky Butcher on screen (because I still think of him as Ricky…it’s going to take another few weeks before I get used to him as Sid) and think, ‘hell yeah, I would’! :eek:

What a revelation though. I never really liked his character in EE, but he’s such a fun guy! I love that he’s giving it his all, but not taking it too seriously (Victoria, take note!). Top bloke. I hope that he does well.

( *Whispers* Wasn’t keen on Ola’s choreography though. I think all that show-boating could be construed as a lack of confidence in her partners abilities, which is unnecessary because Sid is a fair dancer, imho.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She made it all about her, as per usual :sleep:

Sid does seem like a top bloke though, hopefully he'll get a chance to dance next week.