Cat Cancer - advice needed

tarotangeltarotangel Posts: 1,090
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My cat Woody, who is 7 and neutered, might have Cancer. The Vet said it was either a massive infection or cancer and to prepare myself.

He started with an abcess on chest, that was treated and then he had an abcess on the side of his neck which although has been operated on is still there. He had another operation and scans last week. The abcess drained clear liquid with gritty bits in it and they found fibrous tissue from the side of his neck going around and down neck, and also a mass on his chest too. Waiting for biopsy and labs to come back from Aberdeen but suspicions are Soft Tissue Sarcoma.

Sorry for long explanation but wondered if anyone had been through this with their cat.

Comments

• tarotangeltarotangel Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had call from Vets, labs are back and there is nothing cancerous, it is a massive problem with infection unusual but treatable. I'm so pleased it's set me off crying again, yeah I know sad woman!

Is there any way to delete this thread?
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to delete the thread!

I'm so glad your cat doesn't have cancer, my dog just recently died due to cancer and I have never experienced such a pain in my life.

I wish your cat a long and healthy life! :)
  • tarotangeltarotangel Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. So sorry to hear about your dog (((hugs)))).
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm so pleased you got good news, one of my old cats used to suffer form abcesses on his neck alot, he could never wear a collar because one would erupt in a day if he did,

fingers crossed once the infection is gone that'll be the end of it x
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news for you and Woody...and you're not a sad woman for shedding a few tears. The little so and so's just know how to hit 'that spot' ...bless them :)