Options

Costume Reveal - Official Release

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor's new look caused quite a stir when it was unveiled last week, drawing comparisons with, variously, Jon Pertwee’s third Doctor, Dracula and a magician, while one fashion commentator traced it back to the early skinhead movement.

But whatever its influences, the classy, stripped down new outfit has received a generally positive response – a reaction backed up by interest in one particular item, the Doctor’s new Crombie coat.

Discerning shoppers with £800 to spare flocked to Crombie’s London, Manchester and Edinburgh stores to snap up the coats, while those feeling particularly flush enquired about made-to-measure versions featuring the Doctor’s red silk lining, which would set them back closer to £3,000.

A spokesperson for the 200-year-old British brand was unable to provide precise sales figures, but did reveal there had been a two-fold increase in enquiries about the item.

"Calls and e-mails to our customer service line were double their usual,” said the spokesperson, “and more than half the queries for our made-to-measure service this week have been for the style of coat worn by Peter Capaldi as the Doctor."

From RT
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can get the coats at the Crombie factory sale in Leeds a the end of each for month for £150. Perhaps that: s why it was especially busy on Friday!
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    You can get the coats at the Crombie factory sale in Leeds a the end of each for month for £150. Perhaps that: s why it was especially busy on Friday!

I think I estimated it would cost over £1100 for Capaldi's Doctor outfit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    I think I estimated it would cost over £1100 for Capaldi's Doctor outfit!

At retail prices yes, but not if you go to the factory (though it's pot luck what they have in stock) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you've got deep-ish pockets, but want a Capaldi coat at a reduced and can't get to the factory sales, go to crombie.co.uk and there's a version of the coat at £550 in the sale (!) an extra per cent off (making it £495) till Sunday. :D

(and no I don't work for them :D)
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump this thread again. I just found it odd I never noticed the similarity in the Masters uniform:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3db70ce114b1324d315599fd99ad562e/tumblr_n02q86pHNh1r0rrkeo2_1280.jpg

Red linings are cool.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this thread again. I just found it odd I never noticed the similarity in the Masters uniform:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3db70ce114b1324d315599fd99ad562e/tumblr_n02q86pHNh1r0rrkeo2_1280.jpg

Red linings are cool.
    Now it makes sense why the master is rumoured to be returning. He's been looking for that coat since the series 3 ended and didn't realise the doctor had swiped it until he now has started blantantly wearing it around :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this again - anyone changed their original opinion? Capaldi is really pulling the uniform off I think.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No change. Still sharp and rebel time-lordy. With shirt / jumper variations.
  • Options
    jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im loving the variations :)

i know tonight he dons a jumper and in the finale from looking at on set pictures he had a outfit simmilar to 11s second suit :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19/06/17 - 02:18 #214
    Sorry to bump am old that, but rather this than create a new one. Just wanted to say I'm really long Capaldi in his grey dishevelled jacket:

http://bit.ly/2tDqXwL

http://bit.ly/2rFOGjm
  • Options
    OnemilescarfOnemilescarf Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this is sincere, or some epic level necro-trolling.

• Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bump am old that, but rather this than create a new one. Just wanted to say I'm really long Capaldi in his grey dishevelled jacket:

Yes, I do like the 'cosmic hobo' aspects that the Twelve Doctor sometime adopts.

Eh? This is not trolling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it's easy, you just look at my post history and decide for yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I do like the 'cosmic hobo' aspects that the Twelve Doctor sometime adopts.

Eh? This is not trolling.

Thanks ^
  • Options
    stocklenstocklen Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 19/06/17 - 13:34 #219
    in nee _the_judge's defence..

Better to do this than keep creating thread after thread when there are already one suitable.

Although... it is very weird when a very old thread gets resurrected like this.

Also, in this particular case maybe a new thread would have been more appropriate as reading the title you'd be forgiven for thinking that both a new doctor has been cast and his new costume has been revealed!

My first thought was 'i can't have missed the new doctor announcement!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stocklen wrote: »
    in nee _the_judge's defence..

Better to do this than keep creating thread after thread when there are already one suitable.

Although... it is very weird when a very old thread gets resurrected like this.

Thanks, it's just that (and I may be wrong here) but the dishevelled costume seems to be new this year, I don't believe it was used before right?

I like the red velvet jacket, I hate the sweater with stars on it and the hoody is ok, but this dishevelled look with Capaldis' long-ish hair really seems and fills out how Capaldi is finally settling into the role this season, it's how I'd like to remember him. Ah well, such a shame he's going!

p.s. As I'm fasting ... I do tend to browse the forum at about 2.30am most days on a sugar high so that could be to blame for the thread resurrection too ....
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he's used that very worn-out suit already this series, I think it was in The Lie of the Land.
  • Options
    OnemilescarfOnemilescarf Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    What I was talking about was you necroing an article about Capaldi's Doctor. So, when everyone is on tenterhooks about his replacement, there is a post titled "Costume Reveal - Official Release" in the top ten Doctor Who threads. THATS what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I was talking about was you necroing an article about Capaldi's Doctor. So, when everyone is on tenterhooks about his replacement, there is a post titled "Costume Reveal - Official Release" in the top ten Doctor Who threads. THATS what I'm talking about.

Haha, well you know once they reveal the replacement, the next question will be what is their outfit .....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he's used that very worn-out suit already this series, I think it was in The Lie of the Land.

Yup, so not used before 2017, which is why it's been on my mind recently. Kinda odd to have a new costume in his last year ....