Options

Why is Amanda Holden still there? SERIOUSLY?

Comments

• Options
    LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like AH on the judging panel. The more attractive women over 40 on TV, the better as far as I'm concerned. Some men won't find her attractive, but I'm sure there are many of all ages who do.

I find it incredible that so many people on this thread are commenting on how "nasty", "vile", "obnoxious", etc, etc, etc, AH is, yet they are the people making nasty, vile and obnoxious comments about a fellow human being who's done nothing to them. Pots and kettles come to mind.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Have you talked to all of the young male British viewers about this show then?

Have you? Sure, they can't speak for everyone simply because they don't find her attractive, but neither can you. Some will be attracted to her, some won't.

Speaking as a member of the demographic they mentioned (21 year old male), I don't watch for Amanda. I'm gay, so I can't say she does a whole lot for me. That said, I think she's a good looking woman, but each to their own. My point is that none of us can predict what the general public think, we can only speak for ourselves.
  • Options
    patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Amanda but seriously .....what has she done to her face, it was scary at times. When are these women going to realise that they are attractive and don't need all the botox. A bit of natural ageing is much more appealing. It works for Helen Mirren and Dame Judy Dench.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    You want Simon to get rid of someone that's hugely part of this show? Amanda's part of the show. I also suspect that she'll be bringing in a lot of male viewers as well.

Strangely the males I know can't stand her. Much prefer Alesha :)
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Strangely the males I know can't stand her. Much prefer Alesha :)

Same goes for me and the females I know. Alesha is way much more natural (in more ways than one) and pleasant than AH. Has more charisma and personality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    Same goes for me and the females I know. Alesha is way much more natural (in more ways than one) and pleasant than AH. Has more charisma and personality.

Exactly. 100% agree.
  • Options
    123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Caught up on BGMT Earlier, Young guy on singing with a really distinctive voice One of the better singers I feel we have seen this year and Amanda started criticising his hair...
    Even Simon said she was rude.

Always noticed with Amanda that she judges very much by looks, It is always you look great DAARLING or you look sexy blah blah blah....

To this day it annoys me when she talks about Susan Boyle and she is like we all judged her on the way she looked then all of a sudden her voice hit us and it was like WOW!

No luv you judged her by looks please please please don't tar us with the same brush as you and your irellevent comments and remarks.

To me she is the Epitome of being stuck up.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You want Simon to get rid of someone that's hugely part of this show? Amanda's part of the show. I also suspect that she'll be bringing in a lot of male viewers as well.

I'm a man and I find her ridiculous to look at. I've asked a few of the men I work with what they think of her and they are in agreement. She is not attractive in any way be that looks or personality. She's a nasty person
  • Options
    JohnQuigJohnQuig Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Have you talked to all of the young male British viewers about this show then?

In my circle of friends, none of them find her attractive. Why would they? Why would a 43 YEAR OLD WOMAN appeal to 20 year old men? Alesha is the one there for eye candy, Amanda is just clinging on.

What exactly is Amanda famous for? Marrying Les Dennis and copping off with Neil Morrissey, that's what.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    JohnQuig wrote: »
    In my circle of friends, none of them find her attractive. Why would they? Why would a 43 YEAR OLD WOMAN appeal to 20 year old men? Alesha is the one there for eye candy, Amanda is just clinging on.

What exactly is Amanda famous for? Marrying Les Dennis and copping off with Neil Morrissey, that's what.

She's an actress who has been in a few well known TV shows and also on the stage, where she is an Olivier Award nominee.

I'm not even a fan of her but she's not just famous for cheating on her husband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Charming! A lot of us are older than 43 you know and are still eye candy to some people! Why is it that only 20 and 30 somethings should be catered for? The average person doesn't die until their 80! I'm sure men (and women) of all ages find Amanda attractive, even if you don't. My boyfriend much prefers Amanda to Alesha, but it's personal taste.

Why is Amanda "clinging on"? It's so patronising to write-off women over 40 when no-one questions it if a man is over 50 or even much older than that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Again, it has nothing to do with age. In my opinion, the woman just isn't likeable and I just don't understand how she is still there when she brings nothing to the show. She's just useless. She must have something on Cowell, it's the only thing I can think of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, it has nothing to do with age. In my opinion, the woman just isn't likeable and I just don't understand how she is still there when she brings nothing to the show. She's just useless. She must have something on Cowell, it's the only thing I can think of.

I disagree that she isn't likeable; I think she is. Neither is she useless in my opinion, but we're entitled to disagree with each other on that. Age is relevant because I think it's good to have a mix of genders and ages on the judging panel. The days of having one token 'dolly bird' are hopefully on their way out. Cowell is no more talented than Amanda and far less likeable in my opinion. However, he runs the show, so he can get away with it.

I hope this DS campaign to get Amanda out fails, hence why I defend her when threads like this pop up. Also, I don't like reading hurtful comments about people when I don't think they're justified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    Charming! A lot of us are older than 43 you know and are still eye candy to some people! Why is it that only 20 and 30 somethings should be catered for? The average person doesn't die until their 80! I'm sure men (and women) of all ages find Amanda attractive, even if you don't. My boyfriend much prefers Amanda to Alesha, but it's personal taste.

Why is Amanda "clinging on"? It's so patronising to write-off women over 40 when no-one questions it if a man is over 50 or even much older than that.

Nowhere did I say that over 30s shouldn't be catered for, did I? Just like everyone else on this thread, you're twisting my words.

I'm just saying that she isn't appealing to 20 year olds as eye candy - sorry but it's true. And I have no problem with the over 30s being catered for, I think there's a place for every gender, sexuality and age on TV, but to say that all 20 year olds think Amanda is attractive is silly.

And I'm sure there's plenty of over 40s that are seen as eye candy... to other over 40s, but not to 20 year olds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's an actress who has been in a few well known TV shows and also on the stage, where she is an Olivier Award nominee.

I'm not even a fan of her but she's not just famous for cheating on her husband.

I would barely call her an actress and it's well known that her Olivier Award nomination was a laughing stock, the production ended up closing a year earlier than expected because it was so bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Layzeegoat wrote: »

Nowhere did I say that over 30s shouldn't be catered for, did I? Just like everyone else on this thread, you're twisting my words.

I'm just saying that she isn't appealing to 20 year olds as eye candy - sorry but it's true. And I have no problem with the over 30s being catered for, I think there's a place for every gender, sexuality and age on TV, but to say that all 20 year olds think Amanda is attractive is silly.

And I'm sure there's plenty of over 40s that are seen as eye candy... to other over 40s, but not to 20 year olds.

With respect, it's you twisting my words rather than the other way around. Where did I say that "all 20 year olds" find Amanda attractive? I said that "all ages" find her attractive, which probably includes some 20 year-olds (albeit a small minority). Some men prefer much older women, just as some women prefer much older men.

My point about over 30s being catered for was in reference to you mentioning your circle of friends and saying that Alesha was the eye candy. Yes, that's probably true for the vast majoarity of your age group but not necessarily for the wider demographic, i.e. the over 30s.

Sorry, but your last paragraph is blatantly ageist. It's a fact that large numbers of over 40s are attractive to under 40s, and I'm not just talking about the Brad Pitts and George Clooneys. Kylie Minogue (45) springs to mind. She's obviously not your cup of tea, but I bet there are a great number of 30-somethings, and indeed 20-somethings, who wouldn't say no given half the chance!

Please be aware that your comments can sometimes be hurtful. You'll understand one day in the not-too-distant future when on the receiving end of ageism yourself. "I think there's a place for every gender, sexuality and age on TV". I agree wholeheartedly with you on that! :)
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I totally agree. Also, what are her credentials for judging others? I don't like her and to be honest, every time she appears on screen I want to switch off.
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible woman can't stand her and what does she know yuk get rid or lose more viewers
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    Horrible woman can't stand her and what does she know yuk get rid or lose more viewers
    Perhaps not the best judge ever, but compared with the juvenile antics of Walliams she is superb!
  • Options
    jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps not the best judge ever, but compared with the juvenile antics of Walliams she is superb!

She's absolute rubbish knows nothing at least David knows something unlike her
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she seems to do is act like a woman on a hen night aka eye up anyone with a bulge in their trousers.
  • Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she seems to do is act like a woman on a hen night aka eye up anyone with a bulge in their trousers.

As does Walliams.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Dandem wrote: »
    She's a part of the furniture now. She is to BGT, what Louis Walsh is to X Factor.

She isn't insightful, entertaining or even tolerable. But she's Cowell's mate, so she'll be there for as long as she wants to be there.

I agree I like her, she's the Louis of BGT
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davedub wrote: »
    I agree I like her, she's the Louis of BGT

And Louis time could be up, so even though Amanda says shes difficult to axe, I wouldnt be too sure about that.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    The worst thing about Amanda Holden is the fact she wont go away until this show goes away!