Options

Murdoch Mysteries due to return to Alibi in early 2013

Comments

• Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Season 8 started in Canada on Monday so hopefully it won't be too long before it's shown over here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no UK start date for Season 7

Mad inventor James Pendrick returns for one episode as does the lunatic who thinks he's Sherlock Holmes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alibi have announced a start date for Season 7 buy unfortunately it's not until the end of January

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/11/alibi-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-murdoch-mysteries-season-7/
  • Options
    wadeymanwadeyman Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd bump this as a reminder that New Murdoch Mysteries starts tomorrow, 27th. First new episode is on at 9pm with the last episode of S6 on an hour earlier. Happy viewing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wadeyman wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bump this as a reminder that New Murdoch Mysteries starts tomorrow, 27th. First new episode is on at 9pm with the last episode of S6 on an hour earlier. Happy viewing.

It's a bit weird having MM on a Monday rather than Tuesday evening

One episode of Season 7 is a crossover of sorts with Alibi's other Canadian import Republic of Doyle and Yannick appears as a descendant of Murdoch in an episode of Season 5 of RoD which I think is due on Alibi later this year
  • Options
    CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news that MM is back on our screens, but... well, bother I have started a thread in the Cult section. Didn't realise it would be here. *Doh!*
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see MM back on our screens.

Not the best opening ep, but fun all the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Great to see MM back on our screens.

Not the best opening ep, but fun all the same.

It was okay but I felt as if the business with George and Dr Grace looking into the series of thefts was irrelevant
  • Options
    Phebes4361Phebes4361 Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I LOVE this programme- everyone is a good character and love Murdoch & Julia

and our own Yorkshireman.. great stuff
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Forgive me - but I've just discovered this wonderful series on UK Drama on Sunday evenings in the past year. I think it's on the second series.....long way to go then!!
    Yannick Bisson is an excellent lead actor (not bad-looking either!), I also love his doctor friend and his sidekick !
    What a fun series this is - mixing Sherlock with inventing things from the Victorian era!
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Great to know thanks:D
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgive me - but I've just discovered this wonderful series on UK Drama on Sunday evenings in the past year. I think it's on the second series.....long way to go then!!
    Yannick Bisson is an excellent lead actor (not bad-looking either!), I also love his doctor friend and his sidekick !
    What a fun series this is - mixing Sherlock with inventing things from the Victorian era!

I agree with everything you say. I only discovered this gem a couple of months ago - isn't it fab!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It seems such a popular drama - hope the UKTV keep running the series!
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Having met Yannick Bisson I have to say he is one vey attractive guy and I'm very heterosexual, I'm pleased UK viewers have cottoned on this hidden gem, there is a plethora of brilliant UK and Aussie drama and I'd recommend the Ms Fisher Mysteries and Doctor Blake highly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having met Yannick Bisson I have to say he is one vey attractive guy and I'm very heterosexual, I'm pleased UK viewers have cottoned on this hidden gem, there is a plethora of brilliant UK and Aussie drama and I'd recommend the Ms Fisher Mysteries and Doctor Blake highly.

You lucky guy Sweaty Job Rot!! I am indeed a non-heterosexual and would love to have met dear hunky Yannick!! ;-);-);-) I've only seen him on 'You Tube' but he seems a nice shy guy!!
    I've seen Doctor Blake too - him from Neighbours! You Aussie's are quite good at sending people over the sea. Guy Pearce, Chris Helmsworth, and the rest - ooh not forgetting Peter Andre too! (only joking!) :) (no - I was only joking!)
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really very surprised that the BBC did not pick up this superb show for daytime airing in the slot where they show similar programming. It has a lot of UK cast members in it and one of the leads is ex Corrie and Where the Heart is and would suit the audience profile well.

Though very well done to Alibi (and ITV studios who backed it from the off) it should reach a wider audience in the UK. I suspect it is one show that would really find its audience here but has largely been overlooked because it is on an out of the way channel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that Season 8 starts on Monday at 9pm
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    My mam watches every episode, she absolutely loved it. I've seen bits of it, and I've enjoyed what I've seen. It was shown on Drama late last year, but it clashed with X Factor, so I never watched it.
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot remember how it ended last year..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    logansdad wrote: »
    I cannot remember how it ended last year..

At the very end of the last episode Brackenreid was beaten up by a couple of thugs, a storyline that continued in the first two episodes of this season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In one of the later episodes of this season an actor called Peter Outerbridge will appear.

He appeared as Murdoch in a series of tv movies based on the first three books by Maureen Jennings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/interviews/a643983/charlie-clements-im-trying-to-change-peoples-perceptions.html#~pb5eFfh7f4nGw2

The third actor from Eastenders to appear in the show the others being Jill Halfpenny (Season 5 Ep 1) and Jo Joyner (Season 8 Eps 1&2)