Gears of War Judgment

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Been getting some great reviews. ShopTo are dispatching all copies tomorrow so I've been told, so should have it by Thursday!
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Per ordered at game

Yay
    Forum Member
    My copy just arrived. No instruction manual (something I expect from the bigger games), only the Gears 1 download voucher and 2 days XBL Gold Trial which I presume will give you access to the new Gears Judgment demo if it's not already available to all members. XP is carried over too if you buy it in the first week. Someone here can have that if they want, first come first served.

YCVQB-YJ7QB-RK9W8-DMCXP-BMPWT
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    My copy just arrived. No instruction manual (something I expect from the bigger games), only the Gears 1 download voucher and 2 days XBL Gold Trial which I presume will give you access to the new Gears Judgment demo if it's not already available to all members. XP is carried over too if you buy it in the first week. Someone here can have that if they want, first come first served.

YCVQB-YJ7QB-RK9W8-DMCXP-BMPWT

Don't mind if I do. Thanks!
    Forum Member
    No probs. Not really had a chance to get stuck in yet but I will later on. One thing I noticed was every multiplayer mode is playable this time with bots, I say this time but I'm pretty certain the other Gears games didn't allow it. It's good for practice, the bots are tough and the multiplayer games are incredibly fun, I can see why people are raving about Overrun!

Controls are pitch perfect, this is Gears refined.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could have bots in Gears 2 not sure about 3 as I only played MP horde on that.

Amazon say I'm not getting my copy of Judgement until Foo-kin Tuesday!

Think a trip to Asda is on the cards.
    Forum Member
    Campaign is solid, it's harder than Gears 3 and more intense than any other Gears before it, so much more enemies on screen! yikes. Very intense gameplay on this one, so if you like your shooters like that you'll love this. ;)
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Currently having a shunt through Gears of War 1 co op with a mute German thanks to your code, 2D. Was it always this grey? I know its not Judgement related, but people got the GOW 1 code, so some must be playing it for the first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's time to Gear up :)
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £46.50 for this and 2100 points in the old Tesco deal. Not a bad deal at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could use some of the points to get the VIP pass for Gears judgment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon peeps. Time to send out FR's and get the co-op gaming going :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bough mine in Tesco with the points and got Anya and hammerburst dlc for multiplayer in the case for 46.50 in total.

Just sold the points for 16, anya, 9.99 and hammerburst for 4.99 all on ebay.

Happy days. Got gears 1 dlc code too ill keep that though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon peeps. Time to send out FR's and get the co-op gaming going :)

You deleted me
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buying this when I've finished Tomb Raider

TG : iQ71
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I have seen of this, it looks amazing. My lads been loving it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You deleted me

Nah I didn't delete any of you. My youngest son does and I couldn't remember who I had on my friends list....sorry.

Just resend and i'll accept.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Add me if ya like GT: Mikey86uk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Micro-transactions galore. You would think it was a free game with the amount of them.

Wow allowing you to buy double xp. That is EA level right there.

And separate lobbies for people that have the VIP pass, nice way to split the players up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely LOVING this despite a few initial reservations. :)

I have 3 games on the go - one where I'm doing all Declassified Missions, one where I'm not doing any of the Declassifieds (what I call a pure playthrough) and one Aftermath game.

I don't like the declassified missions that involve a time limit (reach X within 2 or 4 minutes, etc.) - I like time to kill all grubs and explore a bit afterwards. :)

Loving the ability to toss grenades on the fly (and I'm glad enemies can still be grenade-tagged). Some nice, UIR weapons in there, too.

Intense combat, great set pieces - it's Gears, baby! :D
    Forum Member
    Me too, I'm loving it! I think this is the most playable Gears game yet, it's an incredible shooter and a perfect end to the Xbox 360's AAA exclusive library.
    Forum Member
    Completed it last night, both the main campaign and the Aftermath prologue. Wasn't a fan of Aftermath if I'm honest, in fact it really highlights what great work PCF have done since going back to the Gears 3 style of gameplay is almost dull in comparison. I really think PCF have crafted the best Gears of War game we've seen yet, the action is the most intense and satisfying I've played in any TPS, maybe even shooters in general, it really is in a league of it's own where that's concerned.

I only played on normal and felt it was a bit tougher than both Gears 2 and 3 on that setting. I thought it was a good length too and quite surprised it went on as long as it did. The real bonus here is the re-playability thanks to the "Smart Spawn" system, Classified Missions (which I didn't do that many of) and full Co-op play for which there is a hefty achievement so I'm up for that with some of you guys if I can't convince my brother to buy it. Even the prize boxes are a great touch which are rewarded to you for stylish play, they come in different types like Standard, Rare and Epic and usually comprise of XP or skins for your weapons/character.

The graphics also are a huge step-up on what has come before it with Gears 2/3, the lighting in particular is so impressive toward the later levels. Going back to play Gears of War is an eye opener, it still looks ok and it's a fun game but you can really notice how far the series has come, it lacks the same feel to the guns and the combat is pretty sedate by comparison (still not easy though!).

If I were to score Gears Judgment I'd give it a 9/10 and would suggest it's the definite TPS this generation.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished the first testimony with Damon Baird just a moment ago and I thought it was brilliant. So much action and really enjoyed the declassified options, really mixes things up. Playing on hardcore and in a few places it was a challenge but managed to get through it.

If the remaining chapters are just as enjoyable and memorable I will be a happy man. I think from what I've played so far this may well top GoW3 For me!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awesome game and comes highly recommended.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This arrived unexpectedly on Saturday morning after Amazon said it would be Tuesday before it got there...

Played it through on normal yesterday, including Aftermath, whole thing took about 7 hours. Did all the declassified stuff. Some good challenges there.

On the whole I really enjoyed it. Graphics were nice and smooth gamplay. Some scenery issues but nothing major to complain about.
    Some different enemies and the Marzka is a great semi-auto sniper if a little lacking in the zoom compared to the Longshot.
    Didn't like the grenade action, having to hold RB instead of equipping like in previous Gears. And the reduction to 2 weapons.

Good to see how Baird went from Lt. to Pvt.
    Maybe we can see what happen to Marcus and see the story of why he was imprisoned at some point.