Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    You aren't exactly doing a lot to be taken seriously when you keep making pithy statements with nothing to back them up.

Like I care.

Check around the net as I did (why do people online expect to be spoonfed things they can easily find out themselves via google?) where you can easily find the latest Wiki update for instance.

I find it hugely amusing that people expect S4 so soon when the Beeb took a ****ing age to screen S2.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Check around the net as I did (why do people online expect to be spoonfed things they can easily find out themselves via google?) where you can easily find the latest Wiki update for instance.

I actually did check round the web..the only thing I found was that they were still filming in March..in theory it was due to be aired in April in France though that isn't confirmed,

I'm glad you are at one with your arrogance though..................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you are at one with your arrogance though..................

You’re hell bent on spinning two simple comments “Amazon has the wrong date” and “They’re still filming it” as some kind of disparagement to anyone who sets foot in this thread. They were as they appear to be - Simple statements, no more, no less. Now, I suggest you go and seize on some other non-descript post and attempt to manufacture an argument out of that. It seems to be what you’re best at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You’re hell bent on spinning two simple comments “Amazon has the wrong date” and “They’re still filming it” as some kind of disparagement to anyone who sets foot in this thread. They were as they appear to be - Simple statements, no more, no less. Now, I suggest you go and seize on some other non-descript post and attempt to manufacture an argument out of that. It seems to be what you’re best at.

Sorry, not at all. I am far from trying for any argument just as I seriously doubt that I am the only person who on any forum who is going to 'question' someone posting something as 'fact' in such an pithy manner. I myself have been asked to 'verify' far more substantiated posts. It's only reasonable IMHO that people don't just automatically take someone's word for something...do you?
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Filming is now over, follow the link to a backstage visit to the final days of filming, interviews with Laure, Gilou & co and some more info on series 4 (in French)

http://www.canalplus.fr/c-series/c-news-series/cid647723-sur-le-tournage-d-engrenages-4.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon now giving release date as Gut Fawkws Night innit :D
  • DenleyDenley Posts: 4,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So as Spiral 2's being re-shown throughout June, Spiral 4 will be on BBC4 anytime from July to the end of October (ie before the Nov 5th DVD release date)....?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    So as Spiral 2's being re-shown throughout June, Spiral 4 will be on BBC4 anytime from July to the end of October (ie before the Nov 5th DVD release date)....?

Pass..are they going to repeat series three first too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, not at all. I am far from trying for any argument just as I seriously doubt that I am the only person who on any forum who is going to 'question' someone posting something as 'fact' in such an pithy manner. I myself have been asked to 'verify' far more substantiated posts. It's only reasonable IMHO that people don't just automatically take someone's word for something...do you?

How ’bout that? I was right all along. I’m sure you’ll be along shortly to apologise for doubting me....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How ’bout that? I was right all along. I’m sure you’ll be along shortly to apologise for doubting me....

Not at all because the principle still stands....nothing personal..................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all because the principle still stands....nothing personal..................

Keyboard warriors who can’t admit they’re wrong when they’ve been shown up. You should start a club - There’s plenty of you round here.

Was there enough “pith” in that for you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keyboard warriors who can’t admit they’re wrong when they’ve been shown up. You should start a club - There’s plenty of you round here.

Maybe you could try talking to people rather than at...just an idea honey...........
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Silly argument really. From where I'm standing you completely overreacted to xynaria just wanting more details on what you'd posted about Spiral. I didn't perceive xynaria as being rude or hostile at all but you went off on one about how he/she had doubted you/should have used Google etc. Xynaria hasn't been shown up at all because it was just an innocent query that for some reason you've decided to take as some kind of personal criticism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you could try talking to people rather than at...just an idea honey...........

I was right. It’s as simple as that. You jumped down my throat making snidey comments because you expected an essay/links/whatever to back my assertions. It’s a post in a thread on a telly forum, not a government report so get some perspective the next time you decide to play the Spanish Inquisition with someone posting some info, info which turned out to be accurate let’s remember.
    Silly argument really. From where I'm standing you completely overreacted to xynaria just wanting more details on what you'd posted about Spiral. I didn't perceive xynaria as being rude or hostile at all but you went off on one about how he/she had doubted you/should have used Google etc. Xynaria hasn't been shown up at all because it was just an innocent query that for some reason you've decided to take as some kind of personal criticism.

Sorry, but your opinion means nothing to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but your opinion means nothing to me.

I'm curious but why do you go on message boards? You appear to have less than zero interest in anyone but yourself so what do you get out of it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @ Straker - I've put you on my ignore list, so I'm not reading your responses as you seem unwilling to be reasonable or polite to other posters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denley wrote: »
    BBC4 have definately bought these though, right?

Idle speculation is great as far as I'm concerned. I'll be staggered if Spiral 4 isn't shown before the DVD release date...

There's another French 'polar' as they call police/detective series in France, which I think the BBC could take in, which I've seen on TV5monde europe, 'Central Nuit' the final series of which they're screening next week prior to showing the feature length film to bring the series to a complete end. I thought it was quite realistic.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it boils down to it every series of Spiral follows the same path

1. Pierre becomes more and more disillusioned
    2. Josephine becomes more and more cynical and shady
    3. Laure and crew become more and more dodgy and get closer and closer to being taken down by the IGS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    There's another French 'polar' as they call police/detective series in France, which I think the BBC could take in, which I've seen on TV5monde europe, 'Central Nuit' the final series of which they're screening next week prior to showing the feature length film to bring the series to a complete end. I thought it was quite realistic.

As usual, with so many French releases, the French DVDs don't have English subtitles. I saw an ad in today's Independent for a film called 'Polisse' which looks promising (it has Karole Rocher from Braquo!) to be released to cinemas on Friday. The DVD came out in France earlier in the year. Hopefully we'll see it in a few months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Hi,

just finished watching the first series....... help! Can anyone tell me who was the body in the bag at the end.....please :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terrie1957 wrote: »
    Hi,

just finished watching the first series....... help! Can anyone tell me who was the body in the bag at the end.....please :confused:

From what I recall, wasn't it just meant to suggest to the audience that the cops are starting a new case i.e. we're not actually meant to know? I've forgotten the subject matter of the first series and how the series ended in detail now but I recall that it just being some random body seems to fit in with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    When it boils down to it every series of Spiral follows the same path

1. Pierre becomes more and more disillusioned
    2. Josephine becomes more and more cynical and shady
    3. Laure and crew become more and more dodgy and get closer and closer to being taken down by the IGS

must be a downward spiral!

I must say after all the Nordic I've watched and then that laid back Montalbano, it's refreshing to get back to some good old French chaos!

The Nordics with their down to earth reflexivity have nothing on the French with their insight into that perpetual millisecond between disintegration and creation!

That poor red-haired woman, how she must long to be one of the flawed good guys, instead of being born perfect to look at but incapable of resisting a bribe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wappaho wrote: »
    That poor red-haired woman, how she must long to be one of the flawed good guys, instead of being born perfect to look at but incapable of resisting a bribe!

I take it you haven't seen series three...............................;)
  • cosmic buttplugcosmic buttplug Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it you haven't seen series three...............................;)
    Same goes for me, also. I know that this has been shown already on BBC-4 but does anyone know if there are plans to repeat it? :confused: