13»

Comments

• Options
    molly nogginmolly noggin Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    this is england

no asian housemate will ever win big brother.
    Apart from Shilpa, you mean?
  • Options
    AJ3AJ3 Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to see deana win cause of this now. Nothing will happen to them though, police have 'bigger' problems im sure
  • Options
    DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're combining two separate comments I made about 2 separate things. She's fighting a fight inside the house and she's a victim of racial abuse from outside the house.
    If you're okay with people saying things such as the comments that have been made about her race on Twitter and other websites, then that's a massive insight into you're character

The last vestige of the FM with no remaining credible argument :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I think that's a bit patronising really.

No one's "fallen" for anything. Some people genuinely believe Deana's been victimised in there at times (certainly by Conor). And unless you're a mind reader, you have no idea whether she's "fine with it". She doesn't seem ok with it to me.

I'm gifted, perceptive and highly intelligent.

So, as well as patronising you can think that I'm arrogant or deluded too.

I shan't be upset :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know she is fine with it and with what is she fine? Racist abuse on twitter? Sexual threats from Conor? Nonsensical abuse from Arron and Conor?

How does she know about the twitter abuse? What sexual threats :D:D:D:D Who would care what Beavis and Butthead have to say?

It's too ridiculous to take seriously, yet incredibly, many FMs seem to :confused:
  • Options
    Miss Con StrueMiss Con Strue Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It disgusts me to think such a dignified, beautiful woman should be subjected to such shameful treatment. I felt sick when her poor mother was heckled by the rent-a-mob that were at the eviction show.
  • Options
    Miss Con StrueMiss Con Strue Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    How does she know about the twitter abuse? What sexual threats :D:D:D:D Who would care what Beavis and Butthead have to say?

It's too ridiculous to take seriously, yet incredibly, many FMs seem to :confused:

You may not find having a big, aggressive man like Connor threaten you with sexual violence and a punch in the face anything to take seriously. Perhaps you might think it a bit of a laugh. As a woman, I would find it frightening and demeaning to have to be subjected to such treatment, when I am trapped and can not escape it. She may not know about the twitter racism now, but consider how she will feel when she leaves the house and has to witness it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may not find having a big, aggressive man like Connor threaten you with sexual violence and a punch in the face anything to take seriously. Perhaps you might think it a bit of a laugh. As a woman, I would find it frightening and demeaning to have to be subjected to such treatment, when I am trapped and can not escape it. She may not know about the twitter racism now, but consider how she will feel when she leaves the house and has to witness it.

As a woman I feel like Deanna clearly does, couldn't care less what the idiotic twerp says.

However of course, she didn't witness the alleged sexual threat (which was nothing of the sort)

Keep your judgements about me to yourself.
  • Options
    Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    this is england

no asian housemate will ever win big brother.

Shillpa Shetty <spelling> won.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic but I'm suprised BB did not pick up on Shivs wake up and smell the hummus put down. Seeing as the normal expression is wake up and smell the Coffee. The substitution for an middle eastern/asian foodstuff could easely have been interpreded as an ethnic slur.
  • Options
    dash234dash234 Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked up a few of the nicks who sent the tweets - they look like kids.. Most of them can not spell simple words.. which makes sense, because a lot of racists are ignorant and uneducated.. Hopefully when Deana gets out and reads the nonsense --- she will consider the "source" for the hate and not let it bother her..

A few people who sent the racist tweets - seem to have closed down their twitter accounts... Perhaps they're scared of getting in trouble over it..
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic but I'm suprised BB did not pick up on Shivs wake up and smell the hummus put down. Seeing as the normal expression is wake up and smell the Coffee. The substitution for an middle eastern/asian foodstuff could easely have been interpreded as an ethnic slur.

I think its a quote from the Disney cartoon Aladdin. Try again.
  • Options
    frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    I'm gifted, perceptive and highly intelligent.

Not from what I'm reading, dear.

Oh. Sorry.

N O T F R O M W H A T I ' M R E AD I N G , D E A R .

Did you catch that?

Self-awareness is a wonderful thing. It's like lacquer.