Options

Disappearing Celebrities.

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    Celebrities who pack up the business, and disappear into obscurity.

There are two, who I miss.

Michelle Meyrink, who played Jordan Cochran in Real Genius.

You wanna help me test my re-breather?:D
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Emma Wray who played Brenda in the 80's/90's sitcom 'Watching'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Wray

Busy getting on with her life.:)
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Danni Behr, I don't miss her, hardly knew her, but she was all over everything a few years back
  • Options
    akhenatenakhenaten Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally Geeson out of Bless this house, she was a beautiful lady, think she became a teacher.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I watch a lot of films and tv stuff from the 70s and 80s and often google people whose performances I've enjoyed.

Sometimes it can be very sad. I watched a film called 'Music Machine', made during the late 70s disco era, then found out that the lead actor suffered from depression and committed suicide during the 90s. That was so sad, the first I'd seen of him was large as life, having a great time on screen, then 2 hours later I find he's been dead 20 years. :cry:

Conversely, I've been enjoying the STV Youtube of 'Take the High Road' from 1980 onwards, googled Jimmy Chisholm (young Jimmy Blair) and found he's large as life, acting on stage and tweeting about it. Good for him! :)

But sometimes, particularly with actresses, there's no google reference beyond the film or tv show you've seen them in. Maybe women actors are more likely to have children, marry (and change their name) and drop out of the acting scene. So you do wonder what the intervening years brought to them, and hope it was okay.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isla St.Clair ?

I think we all had a thing about Isla.

Gabby Roslin.
    Dougie Donnelly
    Judith Hann
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    I wanna know where Matilda is

Mara Wilson, I follow her on Twitter. She doesn't even like being asked about Matilda and seems to avoid discussing it. :/
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    Celebrities who pack up the business, and disappear into obscurity.

There are two, who I miss.

Michelle Meyrink, who played Jordan Cochran in Real Genius.

and

Laurie Zimmer, who played Leigh in Assault on Precinct 13.

I never tire of watching either of those movies.

Love Real Genius, I have it on dvd :) In a similar vein Ilan Mitchell-Smith, who played Wyatt in Weird Science is now a Uni Professor.

Also, does anyone remember the TV show "In Bed With Medinner"? Whatever happened to it's presenter Bob Mills?
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    akhenaten wrote: »
    Sally Geeson out of Bless this house, she was a beautiful lady, think she became a teacher.

She was well is married to the man who presented 15 to 1 they got together during Bless This House as he was the producer or director
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheila Fearn played the gorgeous Mrs Fourmile in George & Mildred and has kept a low profile for a long time.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a time in the 80's when Wincey Willis was never off the TV.Haven't seen her in years now.
    Same about Pam Ayres until she unexpectedly turned up on QI a while back.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started a thread in showbiz recently asking of the Wherabouts of Russ Abbot. He is definitely still alive and mainly works in musical theatre apparently, he seemed to be on television all the time when I was younger.

Now where is Jimmy Nail? That is the question....
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Patricia Routledge hasn't been on TV for years. I've not even seen repeats of Keeping Up Appearances for ages!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Blofeld wrote: »
    Patricia Routledge hasn't been on TV for years. I've not even seen repeats of Keeping Up Appearances for ages!

They are on Gold everyday in fact I'm watching it right now and TBF she is 84
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many child actors go this way - for example:

Joey Cramer (flight of the navigator)
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    Love Real Genius, I have it on dvd :)

Me too.

Haven't watched it for a while.

I'll have to give it another watch.

Jordan is a brilliant character (why are geeky/cooky characters always good?) and Michelle Meyrink is a terrific actress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF3pxBRAI0k
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    akhenaten wrote: »

Didn't she have a famous sister Judy Geeson? She went to Hollywood and ended up opening a shop of some sort. Didn't make it in Hollywood, anyway. Both of them seemed good looking actresses but always played the same kind of part, not exactly challenged by their roles!! I think Sally spent most of her time in Bless This House, in shorts, short T shirts and tight jeans going on about Sid James as DADDY!!!
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim Vincent what the hells bells happened to him

He was on the Alan Titmarsh show a couple of weeks ago talking about the Oscars.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Bush <3
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Bush <3

She released a great album last year :D there's a great track on it about eskimos and their different words for snow.
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't she have a famous sister Judy Geeson?

Yes she did.

Judy Geeson was in Danger UXB.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Darren Day and the comedian who used to be everywhere, then he just vanished, FFS whats his name Tom...
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anneka Rice gave up TV work to bring up her kids and study art, but I think she has started to reappear a bit now.
  • Options
    JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Darren Day and the comedian who used to be everywhere, then he just vanished, FFS whats his name Tom...

O'Connor? Last time I saw him was in dictionary corner on Countdown - he'll be in his 70s now,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few obscure ones
    Andi Peters
    Andi Crane
    Violet Berlin
    Josy D'arby.