Options

Who are your nearest clubs?

Comments

• Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I'm a bit of a nomad these days, I've put in from where I was on.

Nearest is Gateshead Stadium, which funnily enough is home of the team I support.

Then Hebburn Town, Newcastle Blue Star and Newcastle United.
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chadderton fc (very small ground) is near to my house and Oldham Athletic is near football league ground and team that go watch too :)
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's apparently a football ground a couple of streets away from me.

The nearest club I actually know of is London Road - I've been there a couple of times and it definitely didn't feel like a Championship stadium.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chadderton fc (very small ground) is near to my house and Oldham Athletic is near football league ground and team that go watch too :)

I used to live near the Hunt Lane chippy in Chadderton.

If I could put that place on legs and move it to where I live now, I would. :cry:
  • Options
    srslydudesrslydude Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to live about 5 minutes away from Rotherham's old Millmoor ground as a kid.

Closest one now is Arsenal.
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Altrincham for me, about a mile away
  • Options
    TribecTribec Posts: 9,331
    Forum Member
    It's telling me it's the Willow's and Salford City play there! Well they played a couple of games against FCoM there, but that's it. Also as I passed the said stadium yesterday, I have to say it isn't there any more it's been flattened, so it's out of date with it's info.

So my nearest ground is as it always was as the Willows was a rugby stadium, is Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes Chadderton's ground is closer than BP.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 Old Trafford 1.6 miles, been many times

2-9 never been.

10th is Altrincham, been a few times but not since the early 90s.

I remember enjoying going to Altrincham but don't remember that much of the details or even who the players were.

Jeff Wealands was the goalie who had once played a couple of games for United, Nicky Daws was a good player who got transferred to a football league club and the manager was called Graham Heathcoate. Sketchy on anything else.
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearest is to my home is Tranmere Rovers then, Cammell Laird, then, Marine in Crosby which is 5.6 miles, however it doesn't take Liverpool Bay & River Mersey into account which is 13 miles from mine by Road according to the AA Route Planner.

Nice to see Marine mentioned. When I move house in a couple of weeks I will be within a mile of the ground. :D

League wise Goodison Park, about 4 miles.
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From where I will live starting from September, my closest club will be Colney Heath at 1.2 miles, followed by Hatfield Town (2.3mi) and London Colney Blues (2.8mi). The club I support, Stevenage, will be 10.3mi.

Only counting Football League clubs, Stevenage are my second-closest after Watford (9.7mi).
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cambridge United about 5 miles away or
    Peterborough London Road 45 miles away.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ricoh Arena (0.6 miles)

hence why i support coventry city f.c
  • Options
    Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    There's apparently a football ground a couple of streets away from me.

The nearest club I actually know of is London Road - I've been there a couple of times and it definitely didn't feel like a Championship stadium.

It isn't anymore ;)
  • Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    mel1213 wrote: »
    When I lived in England it was Manchester United, then Leicester City when I. Was at Uni.

Now, my local team is Athletic Club Bilbao (and used to be Barcelona) ... I need to get a job nearer Madrid!

don't moan as you're not far from where I spent 18 months, near Real Sociedad. Fantastic part of the world.
    I'm now nearest Charlton. Nice enough but doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe19 wrote: »
    It isn't anymore ;)

I know it isn't - but it was when I went there.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing don't seem to wanna work for me but I don't need a map to know...
    I was born near CFC
    Grew up near QPR
    Live near LFC
    Support QPR
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nearest ground is Newry Showgrounds. Unfortunately as of last September there is no team playing there.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From where I was born West Ham was the nearest club at only 5 miles away.

I currently live 15 minutes walk from Carrow Road

I have always supported Liverpool.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    The 2 nearest teams to me are Falkirk & Livingston
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Halfway Between Wolves and Walsall.

Next nearest......

West Bromwich Albion:):):)
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    St Mary's.
  • Options
    Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dover Athletic are 1 mile away. I do pop and see them now and again and would class them as my "second team". Its a horrible ground though set in the side of a hill. There are ball boys but they generally are chasing balls down the hill or are looking for them in the bushes behind the ground. There are two sacks of match balls from memory!

The nearest league team are Gillingham 34.5 miles away. I have never been there as I have no interest in them.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    law10 wrote: »
    1) What's the nearest football ground to you, and if it's not the/a team you support/follow regularly, what are your experiences of the club or ground?

Nearest ground at any level is Carshalton Athletic. Once saw them beat Worthing 13-0 in an Isthmian League Cup match,as well as a 4-4 draw against Kingstonian after trailing 4-1 with twenty minutes left, and a 5-3 defeat against St Albans, half hour 0-0, half time Carshalton led 3-0, 3-3 on the hour. Although a fair number in the crowd missed the first three St Albans goals because they'd gone into the clubhouse at half time to watch the Grand National-it was the year the race was declared void after the false starts.

Nearest league ground would be Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be Springfield Park, literally 1 minute away, but now it's DW Stadium, 10 minute walk, and Reebok Stadium, 15 minute drive.

I miss Springfield Park :( remember being at a presentation evening for the Wigan Athletic Juniors and we all broke on to the pitch and played a game! Used to get free entry since we played in the Youth System for every game :(