Options

8GB iPhone 5C launches tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Entry-level iPhone for EUR509, yes, that will work.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With no SD card slot and minimal price difference? Why bother. :confused:
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    how cute.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I hope this is a joke!!
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is true, don't think it is though, it would not even have enough memory for a few apps and a few tracks. Certainly not enough room for many photos or updates.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true it puts the nail in the coffin about Apple thinking people should be conned.
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see much point of a 8gb iPhone, just doesn't seem enough for most people these days.
  • Options
    ThreeThree Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 16GB iPhone only has 12.8GB usable space, so be interesting to see how much is actually usable.

There are already 8GB iPhone 4s models.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's genuinely cheaper then fair enough but if it actually happens, it'll likely just be about £20 quid cheaper or some ridiculously arbitrary amount like that.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    If this is true it puts the nail in the coffin about Apple thinking people should be conned.

Unfortunately that's how every business goes in the end. They will release a product that they know will sell to a certain part of the market/generate a profit even when they know that it's not the best product they can make and that they may lose another smaller part of the market. But at the end of the day it's all about that large part of the market who are willing to buy the product.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The iPhone 5C (16Gb) is £470 so the 8Gb will probably be £420 given the article states €569 & €509 respectively.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pah

Mickey Mouse junk :(
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »

Apple could put 1Mb of memory in it and their mindless... err I mean loyal customers would still be queuing round the block to buy one :D
  • Options
    sethpetsethpet Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Simply replacing the 4s 8GB that still has good demand.
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any truth in this yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it's genuinely cheaper then fair enough but if it actually happens, it'll likely just be about £20 quid cheaper or some ridiculously arbitrary amount like that.
    How much is 8gb of flash memory?
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daclick wrote: »
    Is there any truth in this yet?
    Yes.
    A lot of stores already have stock in preparation for the launch tomorrow, they're just waiting on pricing to go live.
  • Options
    gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be useless I am getting rid of my 16gb iPhone 5s because of the lack of memory and I hardly have any apps, music or videos. How much does memory cost anyway a few quid? Apple is really taking the p with the memory and prices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they did a black one priced at 275 then it might sell .
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gary77 wrote: »
    I don't see much point of a 8gb iPhone, just doesn't seem enough for most people these days.

This.

I would have of thought anyone wanting an iphone these days would know 8GB isn't going to get them very far.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8GB was good 2-3 years ago but and I bet I'm not the only one this applies to but I find it's not that uncommon these days to find some apps over 1GB some very useful ones as well. Not to mention games as some of them are 2-3GB each. I certainly couldn't go back to have only around 5-6GB of useable storage as one I like to store apps on my device and two I may be old fashioned but I like to have my music actually on my device.
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems o2 are offering the iPhone 5c 8gb model starting at £28 a month 500mins unlimited texts and 500mb and £49.99 upfront cost. Don't see any other network offering the 8gb as yet.

The Apple store are selling it for £429.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically only £40 quid cheaper than the 16gb model ..
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Lol, so just £329 more than the equivalent Moto G model. Laughable. But fools and their money.......;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    If they did a black one priced at 275 then it might sell .

it still wouldn't be good value at that price.

and it's not that price. :cry: