Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Remembering when this thread was lighthearted and people didn't take the housewives so seriously...
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have a storyline if your entertaining and Kim is entertaining.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Remembering when this thread was lighthearted and people didn't take the housewives so seriously...

It's still like that...
    I suppose it just depends how you interpret the people's posts. I'm sure no one here takes it for anything more than it is. Just some good shows that make for good discussion. Some sites are way worse, a lot of American ones are crazy.

Guess who's getting married this weekend guys? TAYLOR! :o I was sure she'd wait for it to be filmed from somewhere. It would have been nice for it to be filmed for Beverly Hills as some housewives are attending. It would have showed her finally in a truly happy place.

Has anyone seen the image consultant from NY on Twitter? Apparently she's going crazy saying Heather tried to get her kicked off to get Kristen signed as she wasn't a housewive until after filming. Aviva's claiming she didn't know her before filming and that Bravo brought her on too.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching RHONJ Season 4 on ITV2 and I have seen it online and season 5 but what was the truth about the Posche fashion show? Who set Melissa up I know it wasn't Teresa but did the truth ever come out? I can't remember.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been watching RHONJ Season 4 on ITV2 and I have seen it online and season 5 but what was the truth about the Posche fashion show? Who set Melissa up I know it wasn't Teresa but did the truth ever come out? I can't remember.

I don't think it ever did. I think Teresa stuck to the story that she knew something was going to happen but not what.

Faye rumours are back for BH. Apparently she's demanding a lot of money. I like Faye but I wouldn't want her as anything more than a friend.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I do slightly agree. I love Kim, but as a member of the show she's falling short behind some of the other women. It feels like most of the time her and her sister make up fights just to keep her on the show. And yes, this year for her has been about her dog and her daughter going to college, and then her little issues with Lisa on the side.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faye rumours are back for BH. Apparently she's demanding a lot of money. I like Faye but I wouldn't want her as anything more than a friend.

I don't think I could deal with her full time but as a FOTH I wouldn't mind. I did see a tweet last week from her where she said she wouldn't go back though, but then again she wouldn't confirm it this early either. I actually really liked Marissa from Season 3 as she seemed genuine. I would like to see her back even if it was only in a FOTH role.
    I think the problem with BH casting is that there are not many mega rich people in BH that would touch the show with a barge pole, so bringing people back may be their best bet. I would like to see Camille back and think she's the only one that has an actual chance of returning.
    With regards to Kim, she will definitely be back in some capacity as I don't think Kyle would do the show without her. Lisa will definitely be back, as much as she makes out on twitter she's not sure I would bet she will be the first to sign up. I like Lisa a lot but the victim act has got to stop. The season's over, they all supposedly made up (Ken even hugged Brandi), so put it all to rest.
    I am really looking forward to the new season of NJ and the OC. Can't wait to see how the dynamics have changed with such big cast changes. Just hope that the NJ recast has been a positive thing.
    OT Seriously guys, if you haven't checked out Chrisley Knows Best, it is soo good, my new favourite. You can watch it on Youtube http://youtu.be/uuaN2_sAhmM Also, is anyone else going to be watching Married To Medicine S2?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I don't think I could deal with her full time but as a FOTH I wouldn't mind. I did see a tweet last week from her where she said she wouldn't go back though, but then again she wouldn't confirm it this early either. I actually really liked Marissa from Season 3 as she seemed genuine. I would like to see her back even if it was only in a FOTH role.
    I think the problem with BH casting is that there are not many mega rich people in BH that would touch the show with a barge pole, so bringing people back may be their best bet. I would like to see Camille back and think she's the only one that has an actual chance of returning.
    With regards to Kim, she will definitely be back in some capacity as I don't think Kyle would do the show without her. Lisa will definitely be back, as much as she makes out on twitter she's not sure I would bet she will be the first to sign up. I like Lisa a lot but the victim act has got to stop. The season's over, they all supposedly made up (Ken even hugged Brandi), so put it all to rest.
    I am really looking forward to the new season of NJ and the OC. Can't wait to see how the dynamics have changed with such big cast changes. Just hope that the NJ recast has been a positive thing.
    OT Seriously guys, if you haven't checked out Chrisley Knows Best, it is soo good, my new favourite. You can watch it on Youtube http://youtu.be/uuaN2_sAhmM Also, is anyone else going to be watching Married To Medicine S2?

I have always said that if Marisa was brought back she would have shined this season. She had the potential but last season she was just feeling her way around and finding her feet so fell under the radar a bit. 4 cast members (wives & friends) leaving at the end of last season definitely dented the ratings. If Faye hold out and plays her cards right she could be making quite a bit of wonga on this deal because she was the common denominator in all the drama. It could be an opportunity to bring the cast together again.

If they hadn't done what they did to Adrienne they wouldn't have had a problem getting rich people on, there's a lot of rich people in BH that would love the promotion for their products. Bravo allowing them to bring out the secret of Adrienne's surogacy pretty much signalised that it was no holds barred and Adrienne of course would have been advising all and sundry not to do it.

Camille's pretty much said on Twitter she's coming back. She's been tweeting and retweeting about the show for a good few weeks now. If Camille is back I can see Adrienne entering negotiations and possibly returning in some capacity, most likely a friend or a guest spot.

I agree about Lisa's victim act. It was very confusing to see them all make up at the reunion, then she's been going crazy on twitter for weeks about them all & in her blogs. She'll be back as will Kyle, Kim & Brandi. I don't where Yo stands among it though.

Could you imagine how good it would be for viewing and ratings if Camille, Adrienne & Faye all returned. If Camille comes back full-time she'll be up against Brandi, it's pretty much a given that it'll happen at some point.

I'm unsure about the OC, the trailer was a bit underwhelming. Although, I'm intrigued to see what happens with Heather and the crazy lady at the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I know I'm clutching at straws, but maybe Taylor's wedding IS filmed? It would be unusual, but her wedding could serve as the Season 5 opening party!

I really hope that Camille's coming back, her tweeting so much about the show + her, Kyle and Faye being at this gala event in Las Vegas HAS to mean something.

Can't wait for OC! I'm over Atlanta at this point, no matter how good it's just too many episodes. Glad BH has ended, this season was so underwhelming and - simply put - a mess.

@daisiesfan - Yes, I'm definitely watching! Loved the first season, especially the ratchet pool party where Toya and Mariah got into this huge fight.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think Taylor is coming back to BH. Did anyone miss her this season? Granted BH wasn't exactly vintage this year, but crazy Taylor would have added nothing to it. Wasn't she supposed to be a "friend" this season? yet she only had 2 tiny, blink and you miss her appearances. Not that I mind. I was thrilled she's gone, I could not bear the woman. She can go away, devote herself to her new marriage and keep her crazy lips off my tv screens. I hope!

Please God no to Faye, though! :o I cant with the woman. I think she's vile. I don't even want her around as a "friend", but if its that or a full time HW then Id keep her as a friend. There's no way she would work as a HW. Although, I've no doubt she would love to be.

I'm so there for Camille coming back though :D Id love that! I really hope these rumours are true. I'm not sure how things are with her and Brandi, but I could totally see them going up against each other at some point. I don't think it would take much.

Cant wait for The OC to start back, really looking forward to seeing what the new ladies are like and the dynamics between them and Heather, Vicki, Tamra. So thrilled there's no more Gretchen and Slade. Gretchen used to be my fave on The OC, but the last few seasons I'm just so over her. I was never a fan of Alexis, but I warmed to her the last couple of seasons, I wont miss her as such, but at least she left on fairly positive terms with the other women (bar Gretchen).

I'm hoping we get some info on New Jersey soon. We should be getting a sneak peek soon at least, from what I've read online it looks like they just wrapped up on the finale the other night. It was an event for Dina's charity I think. Hopefully the cast changes on NJ will be a good thing, it was badly needed. I couldn't watch another season like 4 and 5.

Married to Medicine- I'm going to watch the new season. I missed Season 1, I heard really mixed things about it so just didn't bother, but this new season looks pretty good. If I like Season 2 ill go back and catch up with the first.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    If you think about it, it was Vicki and Tamra who basically pushed Gretchen off the show. At the Season 8 reunion they both went in hard on her once again over her alleged cheating on her dying fiance Jeff - this was something they held against her for 5 years! Once they resurrected the story again, I bet producers knew that there was no way their relationships would ever change. Who wants to watch a show where the dynamics never budge?

I do think Bravo would've liked to film a Gretchen/Slade wedding and that probably would've been their saving grace, but the Real Housewives isn't about one couple, it's about relationships between women. Besides, did Gretchen and Slade have a big enough fanbase to justify their own wedding spin-off?
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nene's campaigning for Porsha to stay and Kenya to get the boot. Bye girl, Kenya has brought it this season and aint going nowhere. I can see Phaedra and Kandi stepping away at the end of the season.

I agree about Phaedra and Kandi, and even though they're my 2 favourites I hope they do... Phaedra should step away, get rid of Apollo and focus on those 2 gorgeous boys of hers.

As for Kandi, her and Todd got married yesterday and I think the marriage has a better chance of survival if they're not on the show. Unlike the other husbands Todd doesn't seem to really enjoy being on RHOA and Kandi definitely doesn't need the show, so I can see them making the decision to leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2597526/Taylor-Armstrong-radiant-strapless-ivory-gown-weds-lawyer-John-Bluher-romantic-beachside-ceremony-LA.html

Taylor's wedding article. It looked like a beautiful ceremony and they all look so happy! Taylor looks stunning, best we've ever seen her. The only other housewives to attend were Kyle, Lisa, Adrienne & Kim. I was surprised Camille wasn't there or Yolanda. Oh, it was filmed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2597526/Taylor-Armstrong-radiant-strapless-ivory-gown-weds-lawyer-John-Bluher-romantic-beachside-ceremony-LA.html

Taylor's wedding article. It looked like a beautiful ceremony and they all look so happy! Taylor looks stunning, best we've ever seen her. The only other housewives to attend were Kyle, Lisa, Adrienne & Kim. I was surprised Camille wasn't there or Yolanda. Oh, it was filmed!
    David Tutera was their wedding planner, so maybe it was filmed for his WeTV reality series. Gretchen Rossi also wrote on Twitter that she hired David Tutera, so maybe they'll have a 'housewives' episode. By the way, Kandi got married yesterday too - rumor has it that this was filmed for her own wedding spinoff on Bravo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I'd personally like Camille to return, I've been watching RHOBH on Saturdays on ITV2 and I really miss her! I don't miss Taylor at all though.

I just got caught up with RHONY :

Not sure what to make of Sonja's burlesque, the last one was quite funny but I think this one was a bit more cringeworthy. The rehearsal part at the start highlighted that none of those involved with her are taking her seriously at all and that's sad as she treats them like friends. I know shes on a bit of a downward spiral but when she can't afford hot water and is borrowing friends houses then it gets serious. She needs someone to direct her attention to one venture that she can make profit on. Its like Harry said in one of the other episodes 'Just finish one thing'.

Glad to see Luann back, shes still the same with all the elegant 'I'm the hostess' stuff. That's hilarious.

I'm still loving Kristen, shes throwing shade all over the place and shes got a great sense of humour.

Heather is really going for it this season! Shes a lot more open and honest and shes bringing the drama :P It was good to see her stand up to Amanda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been on Twitter? The Bravo fandom has went crazy over bravoholic-gate. I'm not sure quite what has happened but from what I understand the Bravoholic Twitter/competition has been cancelled and someone from Bravo has been fired for harassing the housewives and sending them hate. They said some pretty crappy stuff about Carole Radziwil who revealed ALL the employee that was fired's details on Twitter. Jill Zarin has waded in about how the person that got fired has been harassing her for years and is now trying to convince everyone that Bravo hired people to Twitter hate on the certain housewives. I've not checked about any other housewives but it's all so confusing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://bravo.ly/1050Bgx - official statement from Bravo regarding the Bravoholic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Has anyone been on Twitter? The Bravo fandom has went crazy over bravoholic-gate. I'm not sure quite what has happened but from what I understand the Bravoholic Twitter/competition has been cancelled and someone from Bravo has been fired for harassing the housewives and sending them hate. They said some pretty crappy stuff about Carole Radziwil who revealed ALL the employee that was fired's details on Twitter. Jill Zarin has waded in about how the person that got fired has been harassing her for years and is now trying to convince everyone that Bravo hired people to Twitter hate on the certain housewives. I've not checked about any other housewives but it's all so confusing.

Wow that's crazy! Does anyone know any good twitter accounts to follow for HWs news like that?
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't believe she's returning and that it was filmed for S5. Surely, she would have invited all the housewives, had it been filmed for the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's crazy isn't it. The woman who was the Bravoholic this week before she was removed is a real piece of work, but JZ is crazy to repost the womans address. Crazy like that is why I just follow.
    Talking of crazy did anyone see this tweet from Drunk Otis?
    'can everyone who sent in credit card reciepts screen shot and resend them to me!'
    LOL, Yes Brandi, i'm sure all the people that donated will get right on that and post their card details on Twitter. She's a pleb and a half that woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    It's crazy isn't it. The woman who was the Bravoholic this week before she was removed is a real piece of work, but JZ is crazy to repost the womans address. Crazy like that is why I just follow.

It wasn't Jill that posted her address, it was Carole that tweeted it. The woman is a piece of work, for sure. By the way, LOL at the Blcked by JillZarin account still being active. You would have thought people would have moved on! :o
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried at RHOA and I'm not even ashamed to admit it...

While the issues with Bar One and Industry might not be Peter's fault, the fact that he doesn't talk to Cynthia about things that affect them both makes him a crappy husband. Was he going to wait until Cynthia was being evicted from her office before he told her?!

Mama Joyce showed herself up for the ridiculous person she is with that counsellor, I don't know how Todd manages to stay so calm with her. Although the fact that he does helps show how irrational MJ is being. I was glad that the counsellor called Kandi out on letting her mum control her life though.

I have no words for Nene, her ego is out of control. If she's going to be like this next season then I definitely wouldn't miss her if she left... I can deal with Nene being a bit OTT and bringing the drama, Nene being a boring egotistical biatch however I can't deal with.

Porsha claims that the editing made it look like she wasn't committed to the musical, but I'm not sure how editing can be responsible for the fact that she missed rehearsals because her sister/assistant didn't notice an attachment.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Alan Lazar composes the music for Beverly Hills and Orange County. Here's his website - http://alanlazar.com/music.php The titles for his compositions are interesting. It seems every Housewife has their own ''theme''. You can imagine a scene of Lisa and Ken's mansion having that ''California Royalty'' music playing over it. Or a ''Secret Hatred'' playing over an argument between Kyle and Lisa...

When you watch these shows you never really notice how much the composed music played over a scene can influence the tone of the story that's playing out. It's hard to imagine Beverly Hills without those compositions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really felt for Kenya in that episode, poor Velvet.
    As much as I have enjoyed this season i'm actually pleased next week is the finale as I can not wait for the reunion. Atlanta always has the best reunions IMO.
    Oh and Nene turning down million dollar scripts, :D You gotta love the delusions of Ms Neakes. Bloop!
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even going to lie, I was heartbroken for Kenya :cry: I cried right along with her. Poor Velvet. She adored that little dog :(

I think the big problem with Peter and Cynthia is that there is no communication between them. The fact he doesn't tell her about things that have an impact on her business speaks volumes. She found out through the blogs?! Peter is such an ass. She deserves a better husband. She's a stunning woman, she could have her pick of men.

Ooh Nene, what has happened to Miss Leakes?! I used to adore her. Now I just cant with her. And can we take a second and mention this clothing line?! On the strength of those pieces its going to go the way of She by Sheree! Anything that was even slightly ok she wasn't feeling, yet the top she loved and described as a "wow" piece was like a shapeless tent! OT, but I could totally see Kyle from BH loving that top :D and that's no endorsement!

Mama Joyce is crazy. Poor Kandi, I feel for her having to deal with all her ridiculousness. There was no sincerity in Mama Joyce's chat with Todd at all, she said she will "try" but we know that's not going to happen. Kandi and Todd have just gotten married and its seems her mothers attitude hasn't improved much. I'm really happy for Kandi and Todd, and I'm glad they didn't let her ruin their big day. I cant wait to watch their wedding special.

Looking forward to the finale next week and the upcoming Reunion. Atlanta give a good reunion! Cant wait for the shade! :D