BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 57)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    They cook the beet tops separately, Hicky, but serve them alongside the bulbs.Sometimes they toss the beets and tops in yoghurt before service, which is also nice.
    I wonder why they would cook beet tops separate unless to cook for less time.

Never heard of any being served in yoghurt.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    I wonder why they would cook beet tops separate unless to cook for less time.

Never heard of any being served in yoghurt.

Yes, it's because they are delicate and take less time.
    The first time I saw beets in yoghurt I was not sure, but they are really nice as the plain set yoghurt is slightly sour tasting while the beets are really sweet so they go well together.:)
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's because they are delicate and take less time.
    The first time I saw beets in yoghurt I was not sure, but they are really nice as the plain set yoghurt is slightly sour tasting while the beets are really sweet so they go well together.:+)
    Are we talking about small whole beets here? the size of golf balls, or tennis balls.
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hi Everyone.:)
    A lovely day today with the running club, apart from MIL moaning about this and that. She went on the walk and I stayed behind, curled up on a bench and read my book for an hour, it was lovely.
    The Taverna we went to was new to us and the food was amazing. We (there were 17 of us) had fava(yellow lentil paste) boiled wild greens, beetroot cooked with the tops, various salads, mussel pilau, cuttlefish, octopus cooked in wine with pasta, oven baked aubergines and peppers, potatoes, vegetable pasties, mushroom savoury, taramasalata, sausages, grilled chicken, pork chops and meatballs.There was copious wine and beer too, all for 13 euros per head.
    Afterwards, we went for coffee.
    On the way home, we stopped in the Port of Rafina for ice creams and ate them watching a ferry come in and huge dark clouds scudding across the Bay. We drove home through thunder and lightening and torrential rain.Sam and MIL went to sleep on the Balcony, swathed in blankets like a couple of bookends and they are now enjoying lentil soup and strawberries with yoghurt and honey and I have escaped.
    I hope your MIL was sufficiently tired out by all that healthy exercise, Arte?:D
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :D

Morning Flora. :D

Morning all. :)
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))

Virtually half way through April all ready, wish this wind would go, weather wouldn't seem too bad without that.

Bet you haven't seen anything like this before.
    fantastic,
    A father has posted an amazing timelapse video of his daughter, showing her growth from a baby to a 14-year-old girl.

Dutchman Frans Hofmeester took short video snaps of Lotte once a week over the course of her life until she turned 14 in October last year and posted the film on YouTube.

Starting with various clips showing Lotte crying, dribbling and even being sick as a newborn baby, by the end of the video she has become a young woman – wearing make up and a flower in her hair.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/13/dad-creates-timelapse-video-of-daughter-growing-from-baby-to-teenager-4697601/
    Forum Member
    Morning all :+D
    Morning Flora.:+))))))))))))))
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning Flora. :+D

Morning all. :+)
    Morning SR.:+)))))))))))))))
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,601
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning SR, Hicky and Eddy :D

Lovely day weatherwise yesterday, hoping for more of it today :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Flora.:+))))))))))))))

Morning SR.:+)))))))))))))))
    Morning Hicky :)
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Morning Eddy. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning SR, Hicky and Eddy :D

Lovely day weatherwise yesterday, hoping for more of it today :D

Lucky you! It was very Winnie the Pooh & the Blustery Day here, with heavy showers thrown in for good measure. Saturday was exactly the same. The sun is out for now, still pretty windy tho'.
    Forum Member
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

:+D
    Morning Eddy.:+))))))))))))))))
    Morning SR, Hicky and Eddy :+D

Lovely day weatherwise yesterday, hoping for more of it today :+D
    It was ok here, but the wind spoilt it, it didn't rain though which was good.
    Forum Member
    Maths teacher's £2,600 phone bill for downloading Neil Diamond album
    Katie Bryan downloaded the £8.99 album from iTunes whilst on holiday in South Africa, but roaming charges cost her far more

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10764210/Maths-teachers-2600-phone-bill-for-downloading-Neil-Diamond-CD.html

I must remember not to download an Album whilst abroad.:+))))))))))))))
    Forum Member
    hello all :D
    Forum Member
    Mootle wrote: »
    hello all :+D
    Good Afternoon Moots.:+))))))))))))

Whats new then?
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))

Virtually half way through April all ready, wish this wind would go, weather wouldn't seem too bad without that.

Bet you haven't seen anything like this before.
    fantastic,
    A father has posted an amazing timelapse video of his daughter, showing her growth from a baby to a 14-year-old girl.

Dutchman Frans Hofmeester took short video snaps of Lotte once a week over the course of her life until she turned 14 in October last year and posted the film on YouTube.

Starting with various clips showing Lotte crying, dribbling and even being sick as a newborn baby, by the end of the video she has become a young woman – wearing make up and a flower in her hair.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/13/dad-creates-timelapse-video-of-daughter-growing-from-baby-to-teenager-4697601/
    Fascinating Hicky! thanks for sharing :cool: I wonder for how long she will subsequently let her dad film her!:D
    Katie Bryan downloaded the £8.99 album from iTunes whilst on holiday in South Africa, but roaming charges cost her far more

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10764210/Maths-teachers-2600-phone-bill-for-downloading-Neil-Diamond-CD.html

:o:o:o:o
    Forum Member
    Dutch reporter makes a real splash.
    Dutch reporter falls into sea during interview with mayor
    This is the moment Martje Oesterholt, a Dutch television presenter, falls into the harbour whilst trying to conduct an interview with the mayor of Kampen on board a boat
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10764736/Dutch-reporter-falls-into-sea-during-interview-with-mayor.html
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutch reporter makes a real splash.
    Dutch reporter falls into sea during interview with mayor
    This is the moment Martje Oesterholt, a Dutch television presenter, falls into the harbour whilst trying to conduct an interview with the mayor of Kampen on board a boat
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10764736/Dutch-reporter-falls-into-sea-during-interview-with-mayor.html

Thats already been exposed as a set up apparently;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Thats already been exposed as a set up apparently;-)

Pretty pathetic attempt, it's like something someone would send in to Harry Hill. ROLLEYES
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all.

She could have had Neil Diamond round to sing and shake his rhinestones in person for that money! :D
    Forum Member
    Evening Everyone.:+)))))))))))))))
    Mootle wrote: »
    Fascinating Hicky! thanks for sharing :+cool: I wonder for how long she will subsequently let her dad film her!:+D

:+o:+o:+o:+o
    He'll have to stop when she leaves home.:+))))))))))))))
    Thats already been exposed as a set up apparently;-+)
    That wouldn't surprise me
    Afternoon all.

She could have had Neil Diamond round to sing and shake his rhinestones in person for that money! :+D
    I bet she never thought of that.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Pretty pathetic attempt, it's like something someone would send in to Harry Hill. ROLLEYES

Wasn't (quite) that bad ! :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't (quite) that bad ! :o:D

Really! I thought it was pathetic, & quite obviously staged. :p
This discussion has been closed.