Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live for Kenya though, she is fabulous entertainment and she delivers! Whether people love her or hate her, she plays the HW game perfectly and brings the drama and theatrics in spades.
    I really don't get what's so entertaining about Kenya.

Obviously I'm in the minority (well in the internet world, I'm not so sure about the viewing public) but these shows for me are the family and human drama, that's the entertainment. A bit of theatrics is fine but Kenya is one note who shouts over people and bullies points without any rhyme, reason or meaning. As much as the blogs like to tell me that's entertainment... it really isn't. It's soulless. And it's soullessness is ripping the soul from the rest of the show because every time there is a glimmer of genuine storyline with genuine emotion Kenya more start pointlessly twirling and shouting over people in the name of 'entertainment'.

It's not even like she has a funny or clever turn of phrase like Phaedra or Nene... and even on occasion Porsha and Cynthia. It's just bland.... and it's exactly the same every episode. She lucked out with 'gone with the wind fabulous' and has rode it's coattails ever since. She just rattles the same 3 or 4 lines every episode. But she's incessant and loud which I'm told is entertaining and obviously is for a lot of people... to me it's boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/14/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-kicks-of-three-part-reunion-on-sunday-april-20/253759/

Atlanta is three parts (last one being 90 minutes (commercials included)) + Secrets Revealed

I truly think the housewife shows are entering a new area - bringing old housewives back. Lauri returned (only as a friend, but still) to OC, Alexia returned to Miami, Dina returned to New Jersey and I'm pretty sure either Camille or Taylor (or both!) are returning for BH season 5. I could also see Shereé coming back for season 7.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I totally agree Brumilad. I don't get how people can like Kenya. I'm with Nene that she is good for the show but she is actually horrible. I don't like violence on the housewives but she was definitely provoking people with the scepter and megaphone. All she has is a loud voice and a 'booty made in Mexico' :p There is a clip of the reunion on bravotv.com and Phaedra definitely throws shade when she says Velvet was one of Kenyas only friends :o I loved last years reunion as it was so funny but I don't think this one will be the same >:( I loved that Kandi made the most passive aggressive musical of all time and it may of just been me but it looked . . kinda good? haha I think I would watch it.

I know there was talk about Married to Medicine earlier (Or the other real housewives of Atlanta haha) and I love that show! Its kinda silly but always makes me laugh. I love Dr Simone :)
  • Options
    MissRightMissRight Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for the RHOA reunion, it looks like it's going to be a great watch, judging by the preview sneak peeks, I agree with brumilad about Kenya, I'm not a Kenya fan, so I'm pleased Porsha went for her, she was obviously pushed to the limit, right or wrong, bullies deserved to get their comeuppance and Kenya has always been the mean one out of the group, bringing props to play with and to wave about at others, she's delusional.

I honestly don't get why people could love her for the way she treats others so horrible.

She's only entertaining when she's being mean and causing drama, however on her own, not so much, Velvet's funeral was boring and she was milking it with her over dramatic fake crying, yes she loved and was close to her dog but I don't think the way she was acting was genuine, more so for the camera's tbh.

I find Cynthia to be the most boring, Peter is far more interesting and adds more drama then his wife, so I would rather the peach be given to him instead, Cynthia hasn't got the bottle to stand up to Nene, letting Nene make her cry again, this time at the reunion, get a back bone women!

I hope Porsha hasn't been axed over the Kenya fight, it would be interesting to see how they act towards each other next season, why give her the boot now, when drama is popping off, it's not like fighting hasn't happened in these shows before and I think they need a young one, to balance it out as all the other ladies are over 40, Porsha is the young naive one.

And I just lovvve Phaedra's shade, she's a silent killer with it, she doesn't shout or scream but gives it calm, direct with great wit, that's what I love about her.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Someone recently described Pheadra as the ''shadiest b*tch that ever graced the Bravo stage'' - and it's so true. She definitely isn't the loudest or in-your-face Housewife, but she can easily use her wit and vocabulary to put someone in their place. Unlike Nene and Kenya who believe volume wins an argument.

As for Kenya, I do like her but only for the entertainment she delivers to the show. She definitely doesn't seem to have a nice personality so she isn't someone I'd actually want to spend time with! The stories that initially came out about the fight with Porsha at the reunion (and the TMZ 911 call) made it seem like Kenya was some victim of an attack. I am adamant that there's never any excuse for violence but you can't go around shouting insults through megaphones and waving silly props in people's faces and expect to get nothing in return...

Anyway, I'm excited for OC Season 9 to begin later :)
  • Options
    Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    brumilad wrote: »

Obviously I'm in the minority (well in the internet world, I'm not so sure about the viewing public) but these shows for me are the family and human drama, that's the entertainment. A bit of theatrics is fine but Kenya is one note who shouts over people and bullies points without any rhyme, reason or meaning. As much as the blogs like to tell me that's entertainment... it really isn't. It's soulless. And it's soullessness is ripping the soul from the rest of the show because every time there is a glimmer of genuine storyline with genuine emotion Kenya more start pointlessly twirling and shouting over people in the name of 'entertainment'.

It's not even like she has a funny or clever turn of phrase like Phaedra or Nene... and even on occasion Porsha and Cynthia. It's just bland.... and it's exactly the same every episode. She lucked out with 'gone with the wind fabulous' and has rode it's coattails ever since. She just rattles the same 3 or 4 lines every episode. But she's incessant and loud which I'm told is entertaining and obviously is for a lot of people... to me it's boring.

I know what you mean but at the same time she's a true villain, to me it doesn't matter how much she cries over Velvet, her mothers absence or sperm donation, I just feel Kenya is very cartoon like in the way she puts herself across or at least how she's edited. I said before the cast is usually very blurred in terms of 'good wives' and 'bad wives' and while NeNe and Kandi flip out we still very much like them - Kenya I feel is only liked because she stirs the pot. Although it does irritate me she has NEVER married and is allowed to be on the show.

I'd love Sherée or Kim to return but I severely doubt the latter.
    I wanna see if Sherée's house ever got built!
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapiej wrote: »
    [
    I truly think the housewife shows are entering a new area - bringing old housewives back. Lauri returned (only as a friend, but still) to OC, Alexia returned to Miami, Dina returned to New Jersey and I'm pretty sure either Camille or Taylor (or both!) are returning for BH season 5. I could also see Shereé coming back for season 7.

I'm not sure about Camille. Originally, I was positive she was going to return and I think everything was set for her to return...but now she's in hiding from her crazy violent ex-boyfriend who violated his restraining order to turn up at her house with another woman. :o God knows what they would have done had they been allowed through the gates by security.

Regarding the Atlanta cast. There definitely wont be 3 new members next season. Atlanta wont be getting rid of more than 2 wives or the media will be branding it a 'cast cull' like New York and Bravo don't want that sort of negativity for their top show.

I happen to like Porsha but I don't think she should be back. I feel like if she is it sets a standard and precedence that the others will have to or will try to live up to and this isn't that ratchet Bad Girls Club show. It's never acceptable to assault someone regardless of what they say to you. It was Ok for her to pull that stupid wand out of her hand but after that it went too far. LOL at Cynthia about to get up out the way but couldn't because they were in her way.

I happen to like Kenya. I like that she knows her role and plays it well. She knows she's the villain and tries to act it. She has some killer one-liners too, even if they can be mean. I don't think she's any meaner than Nene either - that one has to go soon, she's far too delusional. She does silly things that are funny. The megaphone at the reunion was hysterical & it's just so...Kenya. Kenya was even positive this episode to the other ladies, even Porsha.

I don't watch the shows for a snooze fest. I watch the shows for balanced drama, fun and real friendships. On this cast Kenya brings the drama, Kandi & Phaedra bring the real friendship and everyone brings the fun in their own way.

The show wouldn't really be affected if Porsha left because she has no storyline and hasn't all season. I only really remember her in Kandi's play...what did she do the first part of the season? Cynthia's in the same boat, but it would seem very strange having no Cynthia - she's the class among this hood show so I'd be good for her to stay if she muzzles Papa Smurf. Nene & Kenya will no doubt be back. As much as I love Phaedra & Kandi I want them to check up before the Bravo train butchers their friendships and gives them the bad edit - plus Phaedra has either a divorce or court case coming, depends what happens first. If they were to go I'd see about Kim & Sheree coming back but not while they are still on the show. Marlo should be promoted to a friend - it'll be a shame if she definitely wasn't at the reunion.
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »

I agree... Fake storylines and shouting are not entertaining to me. People are getting up in arms about Porsha laying hands on Kenya, but Kenya has been verbally assaulting people for 2 seasons now. Kenya prods and pokes people with her vile words where she knows it will hurt them, and then sits back and plays the victim when they respond. As is often said, don't start none won't be none.

Oh and if Kenya was waving that sceptre around in my face I would grab it and smash it to pieces, that's a clear invasion of personal space.

I enjoyed the finale because it was mainly about Kandi who is by far my favourite housewife, it had an adorable Ayden scene and it had hardly any Nene... What more could I ask for?!

The WWHL bit afterwards was like a tutorial in how to be a nasty, deluded, egotistical bitch... Nene is just disgusting.

Earlier in the season I wanted to see Cynthia gone, now I want her to stay next season... Give her a chance to see if she's more interesting now that she's out from under Nene's thumb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Nene has her ''rich b*tch'' lawyers looking into getting her out of Cynthia's friendship contract...
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I think Cynthia could be interesting next season her fallout with NeNe could lead to something good but Peter is her downfall I cant deal with having him round every episode. I think NeNe is going to have alot of say if she comes back or not cause didn't she get rid of Sheree?

As for Kenya I dont know why but I enjoy her yeah she can be out of line and desperate but she does bring and you do need someone like her on a show like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I think Cynthia could be interesting next season her fallout with NeNe could lead to something good but Peter is her downfall I cant deal with having him round every episode. I think NeNe is going to have alot of say if she comes back or not cause didn't she get rid of Sheree?

As for Kenya I dont know why but I enjoy her yeah she can be out of line and desperate but she does bring and you do need someone like her on a show like this.

I think with Sheree, it was a mixture of her bs (like her house excuses, fashion line, etc.), the fans not liking her that much and Nene's influence.

I will always stick by saying that when someone on the cast tries to get someone else fired it should be them that goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think with Sheree, it was a mixture of her bs (like her house excuses, fashion line, etc.), the fans not liking her that much and Nene's influence.

I will always stick by saying that when someone on the cast tries to get someone else fired it should be them that goes.

Same, but I bet theres at least a few people behind the scenes that wouldn't mind seeing the back of NeNe :blush: her $1million per season is not worth it but I dont see her going anywhere unless she decided to leave herself. I can only imagine she/her team will ask for money for S7 due to the high ratings this season. Kenya deserves a pay rise to though along with Kandi.

Found some Atlanta reunion fun clips i think this is stuff which is uploaded just for the Bravo site:

Movie Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7sXPGFiMlI

Kenya vs Phaedra Over Velvet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHtPmEdFy7Y

Taglines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ0JGeTx1qM

Regrets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ0JGeTx1qM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got a link to last nights OC? I can't find one anywhere.

Here's the new intro though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3OtnRSHuo8

I love it! It's my fave housewive intro yet. Finally, an updated look on them. However, Heather's line sounds very familiar.
  • Options
    Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Has anyone got a link to last nights OC? I can't find one anywhere.

Here's the new intro though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3OtnRSHuo8

I love it! It's my fave housewive intro yet. Finally, an updated look on them. However, Heather's line sounds very familiar.

Urgh it's an update, but it's still out of place with the other ones, which look so much better without the family behind them.
  • Options
    BlokeypooBlokeypoo Posts: 470
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's always the same, it takes FOREVER for the season premiere to be uploaded, subsequent episodes are up more quickly.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Preview confirms it, Kenya is the best cast member of ALL franchises :D:D I mean first the fan now props, its too much. The megaphone was the best.

Phaedra needs to stop with the Kenya remarks when her criminal husband would jump into bed with Kenya given an encouragement.

Porsha's grandfather was rolling in his grave at the Underground Railroad comment and I'm sure he's done a full 360 with her ghetto behaviour here and her ridiculous plastic surgery, talk about dragging a respectable Atlanta name through the mud. Well done idiot.

Also everyone criticizing Kenya for fakeness and fake stories, you realise the majority of HW stories are fake yeah, reality TV has never been real.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched all of the RHOOC premiere because my stream cut off for the last 15 minutes but I thought it was okay. it just seemed strange as it focused on Vicki, Tamra and Heather with Shannon popping up every so often. I love the new titles but the important thing is how prominently Heather is featured. She gets the pimp slot of the last taglines. She also is in the middle of the group shot and the first scene of the season is with her! Thats a lot of Heather but they are down to a four person cast atm. It just seems pretty strange to send some off on vacation at the very start of the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like they're going to try and make Heather the star of the show in order to set the tone for her to takeover when Vicki departs at the end of season 10 (either voluntarily or when she's asked) so she can become the lead as Tamra isn't strong enough to be the lead of the show and she might not be around much longer than Vicki either. This is assuming they last to season 10 or longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To me it seems that this whole season will be about ganging up on Heather, just like BH was about ganging up on Lisa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I remember correctly there were stories circulating at the time that when OC began filming Season 9 they only had 3 Housewives. Shannon and Lizzie weren't even cast yet. So that's why the episode focused primarily on Heather, Vicki and Tamra in Hawaii. I'm sure the scenes where Heather visits Shannon's home was actually filmed AFTER the Hawaii trip.

I did find it funny that the ''Last season on the Housewives'' segment at the beginning almost insinuated that Gretchen distanced herself from the group like it was her choice and that's why we will no longer see her around. :D We all know she was fired from the show!

I do like new girl Shannon though. What we saw in the preview for the entire season seemed like a drastic change to what we saw in this episode though! How does ''Fancy pants'' manage to provoke such an extreme reaction from someone?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the OC. The scene with Shannon was filmed before the trip, there's Bravo clip of Heather mentioning it to her that she was going. I think the producers are trying to make the new ones come in more organically (LOL) rather than throwing them in and sending them on trips like New York done. I hope the new girl is introduced in the next episode. I can't wait for Shannon to go crazy, Heather must have served her non-organic food at her dinner party.

OC ratings went quite well for losing 3 cast members. They debuted with 1.7 million which is only just down on Season 8's 1.81 million. Although, it is still quite a bit away from the 2.26 million and 2.05 million of Season 7 & Season 6. It's really strange that the OC has always gotten better ratings than Beverly Hills, I had always thought they had done better -other than this season.
  • Options
    XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with The OC. I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

What we saw of Shannon she seems ok. Looks like she's going to lose the plot soon though, and I cant wait to see what happens between her and Heather. Looking forward to meeting the other new girl next week.

I really like the update of the opening titles, I'm glad they kept the same music. I always liked the OC theme tune. Looks like this will be Heathers season, one way or the other. She seems to be they eye of the storm of what's to come, and as has been mentioned she's got a plum role in the intro- being the centre of the group shot and also the taglines.

Hopefully ill get a chance to watch NYC and Married to Medicine later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed NY again this week I do think Aviva is playing up to be the villain though I think she knows what she is doing is bitchy but it will keep her on the show the way she was taking to heather I found funny :p I do wonder though can you imagine what a Jill vs Aviva situation would be like :D

The Brandi and Yolanda segment I wasn't really interested in but thats because I cant stand the both of them.

I am loving Carole and Kristen to I think they are really bringing it and you can tell Kristen is still getting use to the cameras on her when she said that thing about her husband and tricking him into going to the therapist and said he will never find out then Carole quickly said 'Oh he will now' :D Shame about the ratings being down but Its Bravos fault for waiting so long 15 months of air can do serious damage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NY was Ok this week.

I like Heather but she's so over-the-top and in everyone's business. What's with all this street acting? It's coming as funny rather than serious. It was quite clear from her & Carole's reactions that they thought they were going to team up with Ramonja and freeze Aviva out.

There was some funny and nice moments - like the RHOBH ladies coming over for the dinner.

Kristen & Josh's argument looked authentic, it was like she forgot the camera's were there when she said about her other boyfriend - the door mans face was funny too. I like Kirsten, she really grew on me this episode. However, I'm struggling to determine if she's the HW type. I compare them to the old cast and think how they would have got on with them on the show -as they were bigger characters- and other than Aviva the others would most likely come off as a Cindy Barshop - even though I like them.

I need Ramona to fall out with someone because that's when she shines, it looks like it's about to happen next week. I'm very intrigued to see how Ramona & Aviva end up falling out...again. - Ramona let it out on Bethenny.

I feel like this was the calm before the storm...

In other sad NY news, Sonja got kicked out of her home and has to rent it...for $25,000 a month.