Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Comments

• deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only repeating what they're saying on FB - that's now the second time they've got it wrong then. You're saying it has to be on in the next month then?!

Well Amazon UK definitely say I can buy it on 5th November and BBC4 has the exclusive rights to Spiral in the UK. Sky never allowed any DVD's before they had shown there latest series on Sky 1. Plus foreign drama shown on BBC4 is always followed by the DVD's.

Either way you do not have to wait until January 2013 to view it.

It may follow Montalbano. The UK Montalbano DVD's are released after the episodes are shown on BBC4 too. I suspect October or late September as it runs for four two five weeks, if their showing two per time.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Killing 3 Danish version is on BBC4 in November so Sporal 4 must be after Christmas.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Killing 3 Danish version is on BBC4 in November so Sporal 4 must be after Christmas.

Yes, I was also wondering whether BBC4 would put TK3 and Spiral on very near each other. Anyway am not too bothered about waiting a while to see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Killing 3 Danish version is on BBC4 in November so Spiral 4 must be after Christmas.

Borgen 2 is on in the new year.

They have shown 8 eps of Spiral 4 in France. 4 remaining.
    French DVD of Season 4 available from 11th Oct - according to this
    http://www.amazon.fr/Engrenages-Saison-4-Caroline-Proust/dp/B008JELN78/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1348927966&sr=1-1

No English subs sadly.

PS
    I'm assuming the French text on the Amazon.Fr site says it's available from the 11th Oct. Knowing my language skills that could be unreliable.
  • renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    When it boils down to it every series of Spiral follows the same path

1. Pierre becomes more and more disillusioned
    2. Josephine becomes more and more cynical and shady
    3. Laure and crew become more and more dodgy and get closer and closer to being taken down by the IGS

You forgot to mention that Laure usually ends up shagging someone in the Police Department! :D
  • The_Time_BeingThe_Time_Being Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    You forgot to mention that Laure usually ends up shagging someone in the Police Department! :D

I'd also add that M.Le Juge finds it harder and harder to reconcile his belief in integrity and sanctity of the law against the advancing world of political corruption and unorthodox police practices
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    So - according to the French this is not on BBC until next Spring!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    podgerodge wrote: »
    So - according to the French this is not on BBC until next Spring!!

so series 4 hasn't been shown yet?
    wonder if it will also be on bbc hd as I understand blu is released in france
    also believe series 3
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon are now listing series 4 as being available 02/02/13.....though so far that's the third supposed date......presumably it would air on the BBC before being released..............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    When it boils down to it every series of Spiral follows the same path

1. Pierre becomes more and more disillusioned
    2. Josephine becomes more and more cynical and shady
    3. Laure and crew become more and more dodgy and get closer and closer to being taken down by the IGS

Well, you'll be pleased to know none of this applies to series four. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    You can win tickets to see the first episode of season 4 of Spiral/Engrenages in London next Friday, as well as a Q&A with Grégory Fitoussi (Pierre Clement), an episode of one of his other shows, Spin, and the first episode of Scandinavian show Real Humans:

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/2013/01/competition_time_see_the_first_episode_spiral_seas.php
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Spiral series 4 will 'probably' air after the current series of Borgen but that's still tbc, according to a BBC drama PR I asked...
    http://www.tv-ooh.com/2013/01/spiral-date-set-for-series-4-on-bbc-four.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New trailer with english subtitles is floating around, I watched the available clips on Canal+'s website last year, so I'm itching to see this series now.

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/2013/01/an_english_language_trailer_for_spiralengrengages.php
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously can't wait for this to come back! One of my favourite shows :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the new Radio Times Spiral 4 starts a week on Saturday after Borgen 2 has finished

One more thing that happens in every series of Spiral is that Pierre's boss gets more and more bug-eyed
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be there when it is on. There is a certain (wrong) liking of the direct approach they take to interrogation!
  • moondewmoondew Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the new Radio Times Spiral 4 starts a week on Saturday after Borgen 2 has finished

One more thing that happens in every series of Spiral is that Pierre's boss gets more and more bug-eyed

Well he is a frog :D
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, S4 begins airing on 9/2 with the UK DVD out 25/3 and not anytime at all last year.

If only someone, anyone, had pointed out that it was still being filmed when others were expecting it popping through their letterbox from Amazon, prior even to a BBC4 screening! If only we had such an omniscient sage like that in our midst!.....:D
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing about a delayed showing on BBC HD then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That soon? They normally leave a gap between series so people like me can catch up on whatever it is we do on Saturdays, and to spread out the limited stock of foreign dramas available. Perhaps there are enough this year for something every week.
  • LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really annoyed that this is not being shown on BBC HD. I can't imagine Canal+ not filming it in HD. Other shows like Maison Close, Braquo and Hard have been shown on other channels in HD. What's going on BBC?
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LondonKiwi wrote: »
    Really annoyed that this is not being shown on BBC HD. I can't imagine Canal+ not filming it in HD. Other shows like Maison Close, Braquo and Hard have been shown on other channels in HD. What's going on BBC?
    What? It's only on 4?? Bah humbug.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LondonKiwi wrote: »

Engrenages BRs are available from Amazon.Fr. So it was filmed in high resolution(film or HD?). No UK BRs though - DVD only.

Being Human gets a HD showing 6 days after the BBC3 premiere. But nothing on the Radio Times website to show the BBC are doing the same with Spiral sadly. So it will be iPlayer DL for me.

According to RT there is no repeat showing midweek. Is this a first for subbed drama on BBC4? I think every other drama has been repeated so people can catch up with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    What? It's only on 4?? Bah humbug.

HD snob!!!:p:D:D
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Engrenages BRs are available from Amazon.Fr. So it was filmed in high resolution(film or HD?). No UK BRs though - DVD only.

Being Human gets a HD showing 6 days after the BBC3 premiere. But nothing on the Radio Times website to show the BBC are doing the same with Spiral sadly. So it will be iPlayer DL for me.

I expect the BBC only get simulcast HD rights for their continental acquisitions. Sadly, this seems to be the end of HD subtitled BBC 4 dramas, unless they keep their promise and put them on iPlayer.