Options

Don't know what I'm more sick of.....

Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't know what I'm finding more frustrating.

The fact we had to fight Sams Corner for 10 weeks to get her to the finish line.

The fact that certain people harped on and on and on about charting and sales figures (quite why listeners are so concerned with how much money is going in cow ells pocket ill never know) even thought she's just scored Number 1 at christmas (surely this proves sales are down across the music industry

Or the Fact that since she's won we've had thread upon thread upon thread attempting to trip her up, or demean her success or make out she's not likes WHEN IN FACT SHE WON THE ENTIRE COMPETITION!

Its the same few people who are so determined that they were right in there opinions throughout the contest that they dig and dig for voting stats, sales figures.

They embellish the bad points and exaggerate them to bring down Sams success because they're so enraged she won

BORED of the same threads on here and I'm bored of the anti Sam brigade.

She's an AMAZING talent, with an AMAZING voice, who WON the X factor and has just scored christmas No1 in the UK and Ireland

and NOTHING you say or do with your fictional stats can take that away from her

Comments

• Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The fact we had to fight Sams Corner for 10 weeks to get her to the finish line.

The fact that certain people harped on and on and on about charting and sales figures (quite why listeners are so concerned with how much money is going in cow ells pocket ill never know) even thought she's just scored Number 1 at christmas (surely this proves sales are down across the music industry

Or the Fact that since she's won we've had thread upon thread upon thread attempting to trip her up, or demean her success or make out she's not likes WHEN IN FACT SHE WON THE ENTIRE COMPETITION!

Its the same few people who are so determined that they were right in there opinions throughout the contest that they dig and dig for voting stats, sales figures.

They embellish the bad points and exaggerate them to bring down Sams success because they're so enraged she won

She's an AMAZING talent, with an AMAZING voice, who WON the X factor and has just scored christmas No1 in the UK and Ireland

Bolded for the unself-aware lols.
  • Options
    David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was good, she won, we owe her nothing; roll on XF2014
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    mmpfb wrote: »

I was going to say that but I managed to resist :D
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean by fictional stats :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yer difference is i WAS right
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    QUOTE=Tillymint82;70438368]Yer difference is i WAS right[/QUOTE]

:o Of course you were............;-)
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to get under the bridge, the Three Billy Goats Gruff are coming. ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is Michelle McManus - Version 2.

She too had a good voice and won Pop Idol - but sadly I fear for Sam in the same way, in that they will struggle to plop her into a sector (which is what happens to all X Factor type winners).
  • Options
    aclevernameaclevername Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The fact we had to fight Sams Corner for 10 weeks to get her to the finish line."

What? She was viewer favourite - and producer favourite - from Week 1. What 'fighting' did you have to do? It was hardly a great triumph against adversity by an unpopular underdog.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Win.

/5char
  • Options
    MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the thing: X Factor winners are expected to sell. At the very least they should be capable of selling well their winner's singles, coming right off the show with all the hype of winning.

Sam Bailey won the X Factor. She is expected to sell well.

The reality is, she sold less than all other winners before her except for Steve Brookstein. STEVE BROOKSTEIN. STEVE. BROOKSTEIN.

I guess Sam Bailey is just another proof that X Factor Winners over the age of 30 are a no-no and should be avoided at all cost in the future.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    with the sort of PR for a single by the winner of one of the biggest shows on TV combined with the charity aspect I would suspect anne widdecombe singing "I'm too sexy for my shirt" would have got to xmas #1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »
    Here's the thing: X Factor winners are expected to sell. At the very least they should be capable of selling well their winner's singles, coming right off the show with all the hype of winning.

The reality is, she sold less than all other winners before her except for Steve Brookstein. STEVE BROOKSTEIN. STEVE. BROOKSTEIN.

I guess Sam Bailey is just another proof that X Factor Winners over the age of 30 are a no-no and should be avoided at all cost in the future.

AND YET IS STILL CHRISTMAS NO 1

THAT is more of a comment on todays chart success than anything else. If she's NO1 how badly is everyone else selling.

People over 30 listen to music too you know.
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mateja wrote: »

The real reality is that she outsold everyone this week including Leona, AC/DC, Eminem, 1D and Gary Barlow.

I'd say that was nothing to be sniffed at and I'd be pretty damn happy if I were her.
  • Options
    ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will just have to see how well she does when she has an album out, and keeping in mind that every X Factor winner has had their winners single at number 1 (Exception of Joe but he did get 2nd). Sam getting a number 1 means nothing
  • Options
    winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to get under the bridge, the Three Billy Goats Gruff are coming. ;-)

:D:D:D

I'm also very sick of the same threads appearing >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    People that bought it for the charity aspect :- 148,999

People that bought it for the singer aspect :- 1 ( Tillymint82 )

;-)
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    The real reality is that she outsold everyone this week including Leona, AC/DC, Eminem, 1D and Gary Barlow.

I'd say that was nothing to be sniffed at and I'd be pretty damn happy if I were her.

Well done to Sam Bailey for shifting just 150k of her winners single after a final watched by more than 9m people against artists who have been out for more than a month or in AC/DC's case out for 20 plus years!

Seriously her sales figures are awful for a winner of any reality show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Sam Bailey for shifting just 150k of her winners single after a final watched by more than 9m people against artists who have been out for more than a month or in AC/DC's case out for 20 plus years!

Yet STILL no1
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most predictable winner of X Factor since Leona, miles ahead of a very bad bunch

Only 1 million votes cast for her to win, 6 million to get Abbey over the line on Strictly

And look at that, she's Christmas number one 2013, probably the only number one she is likely to get before Cowell gets bored and moves on to his next project and lets her go
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Yet STILL no1

Correct - but considering the exposure with crap sales

So a victory... But a hollow one - as they say empty vessels make the most noise
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Isn't it funny how everyone has been bleating on about how you gotta be in the charts to have success ? And now that Sam is No.1, it no longer matters ?

The hypocrisy from the haters is getting funnier by the minute. I cannot wait to see just how much more desperate this Sam bashing is gonna get.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct - but considering the exposure with crap sales

So a victory... But a hollow one - as they say empty vessels make the most noise

yet still number 1 outselling every other musician this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tillymint 82, please change the record. You are just as guilty of reaching to make Sam out as some sort of superstar, as the 'haters" are at trying to prove her to be a flop.

Yes, she is number one, just like every other X Factor winner. It's a formality and means next to nothing. My gut instinct is that Sam's future career, apart from the expected album, will lie in shows & theatre etc. rather than in the charts. Nothing wrong with that, but the X Factor is about finding pop stars/'the next big thing' so it's the chart success people will inevitably look at - get used to it.