How quickly could i get hold of a mastercard?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
Forum Member
Bit of a long shot but entered a completion without realising I need to be a MasterCard holder. Probs got no chance of winning but say I did how quickly could I get hold of a MasterCard? Could I get one the same day?

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Bit of a long shot but entered a completion without realising I need to be a MasterCard holder. Probs got no chance of winning but say I did how quickly could I get hold of a MasterCard? Could I get one the same day?

Yeah if you stole it otherwise you'll have to apply, await acceptance and then wait for a card to be made up in your name and then mailed to you.

Say about 10 - 14 days.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely whoever is running the competition will be able to tell that, in the event that you do win, you didn't have a mastercard at the time of entering it?
    I'd forget about it if I was you and just hope that you don't actually 'win'.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. It will usually take a 5 to 10 days to arrive assuming your application is successful.
  • MigsterMigster Posts: 4,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You could walk into a Post Office tomorrow and get a prepaid MasterCard there and then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Surely whoever is running the competition will be able to tell that, in the event that you do win, you didn't have a mastercard at the time of entering it?
    I'd forget about it if I was you and just hope that you don't actually 'win'.

I would like the prize as its so good but didn't realise when I entered I needed a MasterCard, I so stupid!!
    Forum Member
    Migster wrote: »
    You could walk into a Post Office tomorrow and get a prepaid MasterCard there and then.

Brilliant!! Thanks 😃
  • MigsterMigster Posts: 4,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant!! Thanks 😃

You'll want the Sterling version of their Travel Money Card. They don't have them in the smaller branches, so you'll need to go to one of the larger ones (use the branch finder on the PO website to check which ones have it).
    Forum Member
    Migster wrote: »
    You'll want the Sterling version of their Travel Money Card. They don't have them in the smaller branches, so you'll need to go to one of the larger ones (use the branch finder on the PO website to check which ones have it).

Brilliant thank you so much!! Probes not no chance of winning but thanks for the backup plan if I do :)
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can get pre-paid mastercards in supermarkets too.

They apply a handling charge though. So if you buy one with £10 on it, it will probably cost you £12.50 or something.

I hope this prize is worth it.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why bother for a competition???
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    why bother for a competition???

I didn't realise I need a MasterCard to win but if I did ever win I wouldn't want to turn it down so would need a MasterCard quickly
    Forum Member
    I think you can get pre-paid mastercards in supermarkets too.

They apply a handling charge though. So if you buy one with £10 on it, it will probably cost you £12.50 or something.

I hope this prize is worth it.

Thanks for your help. Oh yes if I won its deffo worth it haha. Dunno how much of a chance I have tho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Yeah a pre-paid one would be the way to go if you want one the same day.

Check out if there's a local credit union in your area, many do pre-paid cards too and they usually have much lower charges than other pre-paid cards.