Options

My VIP X Factor Audience Experience

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
Forum Member
I won VIP tickets to the X FActor for tonights show and also I went to the soundcheck on Thursday as part of the prize

On Thurs I got to see each of the acts perform their songs 3 times each which was amazing and I was in the same studio as Simon Cowell for 4 hours. I met Dani and Dermot.

Today was amazing also. Had a hospitality room before show, inbetween break of the live show and results and afterwards

In the long break, Louis Walsh came in to VIP room and I had my photo taken with him and had autograph - he was lovely and friendly. Then after show I met Brian (who spilt red wine on carpet - bless him) I had my photo taken with him also.

The results show was recorded slighly earlier than it went out live due to Rugby - but the phone lines were stopped at around 9pm well before the live show was recorded (so everything was ok with that)

I got a goodybag with a X Factor mug, pin badge, keyring, flash memory card, pen and bottle opener.

So had an amazing once in a lifetime experience to cherish forever :)

Someone on here called me a liar yesterday about the soundcheck so now I have photograpic evidence.

Comments

• Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds great :) where did you win it?
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww sounds amazing you lucky thing! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    Sounds great :) where did you win it?

In a magazine - I just sent off an envelope with my details on and an easy question. Then got a call last MOnday saying I'd won. There was also a 3 night hotel in London but as I live nearer Wembley I didn't take up hotel offer, but they got a chauffeur car to take me there and back which was lovely
  • Options
    Tom-Cool2Tom-Cool2 Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done too you, sound like you enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww wow! that sounds amazing!!..did you meet any of the acts? did you meet simon or sharon?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Sounds great - well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww wow! that sounds amazing!!..did you meet any of the acts? did you meet simon or sharon?

Didn't meet Simon or Sharon:(. Sharon wasn't there on Thursday as she was filming Parkinson. I saw Simon loads in the studio but he didn't come and speak to us personally.

I met two of the girls from Hope as they were smoking outside on Thurs and they were lovely/friendly. I also said to Future proof 'Good Luck' on Thurs.
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danshy wrote: »
    In a magazine - I just sent off an envelope with my details on and an easy question. Then got a call last MOnday saying I'd won. There was also a 3 night hotel in London but as I live nearer Wembley I didn't take up hotel offer, but they got a chauffeur car to take me there and back which was lovely

Wow well done! How good! Glad you had a good time :)
  • Options
    ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, how exciting, - thanks for the report. What do you make of the 'Sharon walk out' saga - did it seem genuine?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ellie4265 wrote: »
    Wow, how exciting, - thanks for the report. What do you make of the 'Sharon walk out' saga - did it seem genuine?

No - I reckon it's a publicty stunt, eventhough producers were having a long talk to Simon as Sharon walked out of studio and only came back to hear results
  • Options
    NonconformistNonconformist Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Were they all as dreadful in rehearsal as they were in the real thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I forgot to say I got to ask the judges a question in the ad break - I asked what job they would do if they weren't in music business. Simon said a racing car driver, Dani - a director, Louis wasn't very clear and Sharon I can't remember

In rehearsals they were good - but it was the first time they had heard their tracks. I think Same Difference improved from rehearsal. Leon was worse tonight.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what did sharon say when she refused
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you had a great visit and thanks for taking the time to post about your visit.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had a good time.

I'm amazed Simon spent 4 hours in the studio! Most people say he just turns up for the Saturday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a good time.

I'm amazed Simon spent 4 hours in the studio! Most people say he just turns up for the Saturday.

Yeah he was dedicated. He even went back to his dressing room to watch his acts on a monitor so he could see what they would sound like on TV
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I remember you asking the question but for the life of me I cant remember sharons answer either.

Do you recall the question about what color underwear each of the judges was wearing :):):):) I think the perv warm up man suggested danii was commando :eek:
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    Well done danshy :);)

Sounds like you had a wail of a time.

Who was your stand out act out of them all that evening? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Nikki was the best on the night.

Yeah I remember the underwear qestion and warm up guy did say about Dani commando (I think).
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow congratulations on winning, you lucky thing. I ofter wonder if people really win these competions, it's good to know that they do.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I think Nikki was the best on the night.

Yeah I remember the underwear qestion and warm up guy did say about Dani commando (I think).

I thought Niki was very good....and also Rhydian. They were both outstanding on the night.

I'm hoping poor Leon does better this week though :)
  • Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you answer a quick question? Did you see if the producers talk to the judges during the sing off to see which way they will be voting so they can get Dermie to go to them in the right order to leave it hanging on the last judge? It happens too much for them not to know which way they are voting!
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon wasn't there on Thursday as she was filming Parkinson.

How much input did the "mentors" give on the Thursday? Do you think Sharon's absence during the soundcheck/rehearsal contrubuted to her acts being the final two?
  • Options
    One and OnlyOne and Only Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that danshy.:)

I so enjoy reading an 'insiders' impressions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lola14 wrote: »
    Wow congratulations on winning, you lucky thing. I ofter wonder if people really win these competions, it's good to know that they do.

I'm lucky at winning comps - and I don't enter that many. Last year I won x 2 32inch LCD TV's, 2 years Sky subscp., 2 Sky HD boxes, Laptop, mobile phone, George Michael tickets, Little Britain LIve tickets, Billy Elliot Tickets. Some of those prizes was one competition on Capital Radio. Another was on Robbie William's website. And one on Magic Fm. This year so far, I've won Elton John Tickets and the XFactor VIP tickets. In the past I've won film premiere tickets and aftershow party (Freaky Friday and one I can't remember name of), tickets to Natasha Bedingfield concert and meet and greet with her.

In answer to some of your questions - I don't think it mattered that Sharon was absent on Thurs as Brian Friedman was there helping them with dancing etc. and maybe even Simon gave other contestants some tips.

The producers only talked to judges due to Sharon leaving the studio - otherwise don't think they would usually get involved.