Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Constant sniffing in a public place,I have to cout to ten ....
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The guy who's just moved in the room next to me, he's on Skype every day on a very loud speaker.
    He's ALWAYS talking to his mum (every day) on it and she has a really annoying nagging,screachy voice, they're mostly talking rubbish anyway. I try not to listen, but it's the right on the other side of the wall.

And they say that it's women who chat for ages !(on the phone etc) Nope! my male flatmate talks for hours on Skype. If I (a female) make a call it's at longest 20mins.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    And they say that it's women who chat for ages !(on the phone etc) Nope! my male flatmate talks for hours on Skype. If I (a female) make a call it's at longest 20mins.
    Maybe this is because he's talking about important stuff like football and cars while you're just talking about knitting. :D
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Rock hard butter served with very fresh bread which is impossible to spread in restaurants. Surely it would be easy to keep enough at room temperature without running the risk of it going off?
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who hang the toilet roll with the loose sheet hanging from the back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    People who hang the toilet roll with the loose sheet hanging from the back.
    :o what kinda freak does that :confused:
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    I think ive went all zen now and try not to get annoyed.
    Apart from my sons girlfriend who really is a bitch that causes havoc that im trying to like for his sake.
    That's the only thing im getting annoyance from.
    (hate her)....but trying not to....zen...zen >:(
  • Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Sorry to say that I find Carol Klein's voice really grates.Why do tv companies employ people to narrate a show/programme when they have a dreadfull voice and/or a speech impediment. No matter how knowledgeable they may be about their particular subject, if they can't pronounce their "r"s then don't put them in front of a camera or give them a microphone. Just saying ..... !

Exhibit A: The awful awful woman on Masterchef
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    Maybe this is because he's talking about important stuff like football and cars while you're just talking about knitting. :D

I've never knitted in my entire life :D
    He's not really a 'blokey' type, talks to his mum everyday about stuff like Star Wars, Tv and his financial situation (very loudly). :/
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Headphones that, without warning, stop working in one ear - which happened to me today. For the sixth time since the start of 2013. (I don't know anybody else with such a failure rate.)
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The inability of so many car drivers to use their hand/parking brakes.>:(

I see so many drivers at traffic lights with their feet planted on the brakes & lighting their brake lights like Blackpool illumations, rather than simple pressing the park button or pulling up the handbrake.>:(

Well said, Syntax. They are the bane of my life too, and I can still get my brake off and into first gear before the silly twit in front has started to move. And at night, three bright red lights in your face leaves you dazzled too.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    Well said, Syntax. They are the bane of my life too, and I can still get my brake off and into first gear before the silly twit in front has started to move. And at night, three bright red lights in your face leaves you dazzled too.

Mainly lazy automatic car drivers.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mainly lazy automatic car drivers.

Yes that's me, if you are dazzled by brake lights you shouldn't be driving
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Yes that's me, if you are dazzled by brake lights you shouldn't be driving

I didn't say they dazzle me... Just saying that people that drive automatic cars just leave their foot on the brake at the lights. Instead of putting it into neutral and handbrake on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I've never knitted in my entire life :D
    He's not really a 'blokey' type, talks to his mum everyday about stuff like Star Wars, Tv and his financial situation (very loudly). :/
    So it's basically him going "Maaaaaaaaaaahhhm, please buy me the Star Wars: Clone Wars TV series Blueray collection, cos I've spent all my money buying me babe balls of wool and knitting needles that she never uses, puleeeze mummy puleeeeeeeze" for 1+hours, right ?! :p
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    Headphones that, without warning, stop working in one ear - which happened to me today. For the sixth time since the start of 2013. (I don't know anybody else with such a failure rate.)
    happens to me on a bi-monthly basis which why I eBay/Amazon the cheapy ones in ~bulk
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can relate to that.

I've only got a bloody pair that are too tight and I can't hear anything else now.

I've had 'one ear syndrome' in three pairs over the last two years.

shakes fist>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Some things:
    1. People stopping directly in front of me and not looking behind them
    2. People who don't know what you are going to say attempting to finish your sentences
    3. Stores providing customers with ever thinner plastic shopping bags.
    4. Loud and very personal conversations taking place in public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have a similar failure rate. I've tried cheap, mid-range and expensive and it happens to all of them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

perhaps its actually your ear that stopped working :o

On Topic...

I hate restaurants that serve the cheeseboard straight from the fridge.... ice cold cheese is pointless.
    Serve it properly at room temperature >:(
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    I have a similar failure rate. I've tried cheap, mid-range and expensive and it happens to all of them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong??
    When you're not using them, do you wrap them around the player / phone they're plugged into? Does the cable take a sharp turn out of the back of its plug to go round the device? If you do, you may as well sit in a chair bending the cable back & forth at the same point - the end result is the same, it'll break where it keeps being flexed at the same point day in day out.

My kids used to do the wrapping round the device trick and got through h/phones at a fair old rate, till I pointed this out to them. A year on no further breakages to report.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    Forget that... rather just squat in public toilets.. couldn't do it still with tissue down.. :o

One of the things that makes public toilets so disgusting is piss on the seats. If you're hovering, you're perpetuating the problem, and if I'm the next person to use the toilet and you're still around, I will ask you to come back and clean up your piss. I don't care if you actually do it, I just think everyone else in there has the right to know which people are ruining it for everyone.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I think ive went all zen now and try not to get annoyed.
    Apart from my sons girlfriend who really is a bitch that causes havoc that im trying to like for his sake.
    That's the only thing im getting annoyance from.
    (hate her)....but trying not to....zen...zen >:(

I feel your pain Hells, going through the same situation with my brother and his girlfriend she is a completely spiteful, manipulative, vindictive, disrespectful little arrrggghhh and unfortunately he was silly enough to get her pregnant.
    I have never been as wound up as I was the other night having words with her, I've never known someone so rude and downright disrespectful, it's also making me think less of my brother too for allowing her to get away with it. It's a horrible situation.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People interrogating me about my finances and work when its none of their business! I have a 0 hour contract and youd be suprised at the amount of negative comments i get from other people the same as me!

For health reasons, which i dont like telling everyone about, i only book half day shifts which is perfectly acceptable. I get people make bitchy comments asking why i only do half days and "do i find it hard getting up in the morning!". Tbh its none of their business what hours i choose to work! What frustrates me the most is we are offered to either do 6 hour shifts a day or 12 hours. Everyone gets that choice, its not just my boss making special allowances just for me. If they dont like doing 12 hours then they can opt for 6.

Another common one is when we get out forms signed, i might have only done 4 6 hour shifts in a working week and i will get snide comments from someone whos done 5 12 hour shifts, always along the lines of "oh i wish i could be like you and work part time. But i have to pay bills and have children to pay for".

I really get peed off by that! Its not my bloody fault youve got kids!
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 annoying aspects of self service tills in Tesco's in particular.

The system generally works well but after the initial stage of being asked to go forward in the queue I find the unnecessary pointing of the staff nearer to the tills pointing to it when you can either see its free or you are nearly at it anyway.Annoying.

Also Tesco have a mini version of the self sevice till with the tiniest bagging area possible located above the place where you put your basket......ridiculously frustrating to use as there is nowehere to put your stuff once you've scanned it.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

Happens to me a lot. I've broken loads of headphones in the last few years. My dad gets mad at me because I have to replace the blighters so much but it's not my fault they keep breaking! >:(
This discussion has been closed.