Options

British hostage - beheaded?

Comments

• Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect all three were killed at the same time, and ISIS have simply drip fed the videos to the media for maximum coverage.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better fight back and be shot than have your head slowly sawed off with a small knife.:(

How do you fight back with handcuffs on?

Do you think they would kill them, if they did fight back they would just torture them.

They have been captured to publically be executed not to be shot dead if they kick out and scream at them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    No it isn't. Since 1998 capital punishment is not UK law for any circumstance.

I thought capital punishment was abolished in the sixties? 1998 are you sure?
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    The Koran can be interpreted in many ways.

Most Muslims will be completely against ISIS and their activities. However clearly there is a worryingly large number of them who are prepared to go and fight.

Or plant bombs in our cities with the intention of killing as many of their fellow British citizens as possible.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I suspect all three were killed at the same time, and ISIS have simply drip fed the videos to the media for maximum coverage.

They were not killed at the same time as Sotloff had facial hair in his beheading.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would not be able to bring myself to watch the video, just seeing David Haines talk at the beginning of it was intense enough for me. Truly horrific. Bomb the bastards.

What I don't get is why The hostages comply with what the terrorists tell them to say at the start of the videos? They know they are about to be beheaded. If it was me I would turn around and spit on the floor or say a message for lord ones back home.

They will take them out for mock executions or torture them with water boarding or crucifying them. I don't think many SAS soldiers would stand up well to that treatment let alone civilians.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    I believe Hanging is still legal in the UK for 1 crime, Treason

Not any more. All death penalties are prohibited in the UK currently.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    They were not killed at the same time as Sotloff had facial hair in his beheading.

Plus the killer tends to refer to very recent actions in his ranting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    crofter wrote: »
    We have to come round to the fact that this is a no win situation they are putting us under - every hostage they have is going to suffer at the hands of these barbaric monsters ... IS need to be wiped from the face of this earth and the only way that can be done is by putting some serious boots on the ground.

The flak will no doubt follow but that is the only option open to us and we gotta accept that sooner rather than later.

I agree.

We need to throw some serious military hardware at these bastards and come down like a ton of bricks on anyone expressing support for them in the UK.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I thought capital punishment was abolished in the sixties? 1998 are you sure?

Yes, in the sixties it was abolished for murder but retained for a number of other crimes such as treason; arson in a naval dockyard, spying and piracy.... also for military crimes like mutiny. All of that was changed in 1998.
  • Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. We are heading for a society here where muslims and non muslims do not mix together. There will be some nasty anti muslim groups emerging who will fight back and target people here as the government have not been doing a good enough job themselves.

It will get messy, very messy.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if mosques and Muslim areas start being attacked if things carry on as they are.

Strange how you never see Pakistanis at Remembrance Day ceremonies or repatriation of our dead servicemen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. We are heading for a society here where muslims and non muslims do not mix together. There will be some nasty anti muslim groups emerging who will fight back and target people here as the government have not been doing a good enough job themselves.

Exactly.

But the government and lefty PC morons would rather let that happen than "offend" anyone.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I wonder what will happen this time. MP's come back soon don't they? Maybe the PM should ask them to vote on military action. It seems like they are trying to force us to go in and to be honest, it seems like we don't have many options. They will either keep people people or we'll have to go back in and get rid of them.

I'd imagine members of our army are wanting to go in and kick some ass right now as are the americans. Doesn't even seem like a normal 'war' situation. It's a group of terrorists/idiots hell bent on turning nations into a muslim state and they will kill anyone who stands in their way.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will take them out for mock executions or torture them with water boarding or crucifying them. I don't think many SAS soldiers would stand up well to that treatment let alone civilians.

Ah ok thanks. That makes sense. They wouldn't wanna try it with me when I'm in manic mode though.. Haha.. They wouldn't be getting the response they wanted however much shit they put me through >.<
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What pisses me off is that if we get hold of this 'John' bastard is that he will be treated so well as he is a 'British citizen'.

I hope the Americans or someone else gets to him first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    Strange how you never see Pakistanis at Remembrance Day ceremonies or repatriation of our dead servicemen.

Well, that's not strictly true.

Muslims have been known to attend repatriation parades and call for the death of British soldiers, amongst other things.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

But the government and lefty PC morons would rather let that happen than "offend" anyone.

OK, I'll bite: what are you actually proposing be done?

Trust me, if the govt suspect British muslims of terrorist leanings they'll be watching them 24/7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »

I agree Tom.Ever seen that film 'Children Of Men'?.With Clive Owen.That's the future of the UK.Apart from the infertile bit.
    The riots,the bombings,the internment camps,the paramilitary Police,the mass immigration.It's already happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What pisses me off is that if we get hold of this 'John' bastard is that he will be treated so well as he is a 'British citizen'.

I hope the Americans or someone else gets to him first.

I'd rather we just dropped a bomb on his head.
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if the government don't do something we're probably going to see people taking things into their own hands and it could get very messy.
    Well despite what the goverment may or may not do you can't account for idiots sadly (on both sides)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's not strictly true.

Muslims have been known to attend repatriation parades and call for the death of British soldiers, amongst other things.

Oh sorry.I forgot about those British Citizens in Luton and elsewhere.
    As British as you and I apparently....:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Semierotic wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite: what are you actually proposing be done?

Trust me, if the govt actually suspect British muslims of terrorist leanings they'll be surveying them 24/7.

I'm proposing we send our troops into Syria.

I'm also proposing a UK version of Guantanamo Bay for anyone supporting IS.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    Ah ok thanks. That makes sense. They wouldn't wanna try it with me when I'm in manic mode though.. Haha.. They wouldn't be getting the response they wanted however much shit they put me through >.<

I imagine that's a lot easier to say when you're not the person held hostage. Obviously I don't know but I imagine your feelings/reaction may be changed faced with the reality of the situation.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    We have to come round to the fact that this is a no win situation they are putting us under - every hostage they have is going to suffer at the hands of these barbaric monsters ... IS need to be wiped from the face of this earth and the only way that can be done is by putting some serious boots on the ground.

The flak will no doubt follow but that is the only option open to us and we gotta accept that sooner rather than later.

I agree. This situation has passed tipping point. It's very easy at this point to get over-emotional and let our (justified) anger take over but I am in no doubt that the only way to solve this problem now is complete extermination.

These extremists are never going to negotiate, never going to listen to reason or be willing to compromise. If they are captured they will never be rehabilitated. In fact they would probably die rather than allow themselves to be captured.

Even if every Western nation on earth pulled all of its military and business interests, personnel etc. out of the entire Middle East tomorrow it wouldn't be enough because even if by some miracle they left us alone we could not stand by and watch them continue to slaughter people living in their own lands