Options

Does anyone remember the warner bros stores ?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
Does anyone remember the warners bros stores there used to be there used to be one in Aberdeen until 2004 it sold lots of loony tunes things and had a basken robbins shop :D sadly it turned into Jane Norman :sleep: and i was wondering does anyone remember them.

Comments

• Options
    winniebeerwinniebeer Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they had one in Buchanan St in Glasgow that I remember
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sad they got rid of them damm you disney store
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Yes, I remember the one in the Metro centre. I was terrified of going in there as they had Gremlin statues on the light fittings - I was a nervous child and the film freaked me out:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    did they all have basken shops in them

the one in the aberdeen looked great must of been there american design
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cariad450 wrote: »
    Yes, I remember the one in the Metro centre. I was terrified of going in there as they had Gremlin statues on the light fittings - I was a nervous child and the film freaked me out:D

I remember them too.....creepy :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hooter wrote: »
    I remember them too.....creepy :eek:

lol lol
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. I got my Marvin the Martian key ring from one. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »
    Yep. I got my Marvin the Martian key ring from one. :)

Wow, I never realised he was real. I thought it was something they made up for the film 'Clueless'! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there was one in Manchester Arndale a while ago. I think it's now some kind of "Teddy Factory". I might have been hallucinating at the time, though.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Wow, I never realised he was real. I thought it was something they made up for the film 'Clueless'! :o

Heavens to Murgatroid! :eek:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/179068/780616 :D
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one in my town too when my kids were younger. I remember buying my sona denim jacket with Looney Tunes on it, it was his favourite jacket for a long time!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    d0lphin wrote: »
    There was one in my town too when my kids were younger. I remember buying my sona denim jacket with Looney Tunes on it, it was his favourite jacket for a long time!

I hope you have photos of this to show his girlfriend in later years! :D
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they used to have one in Merry Hill? Or was that the Disney Store? I'm certain there was a Disney Store there, but I can't remember if there was a WarnerBrothers store there too. I haven't been since I was 9 or 10.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Didn't they used to have one in Merry Hill? Or was that the Disney Store? I'm certain there was a Disney Store there, but I can't remember if there was a WarnerBrothers store there too. I haven't been since I was 9 or 10.

There was one at Merry Hill, that's the one that I remember. There were huge statues of the Looney Tunes characters outside if I remember correctly. I used to love that shop.
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have quite a collection of Marvin memorabilia from the WB stores. Including a couple of rather large statues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wish i could go there again :( better filler rather than jane norman
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    winniebeer wrote: »
    they had one in Buchanan St in Glasgow that I remember

I remember the 1 in Buchanan St.I think there was a WB shop in the Buchanan Galleries also maybe 3-4 years ago.I'm sure the WB shop in Buchanan St had closed down by this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    all stores closed in 2004
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GreenOpal wrote: »
    There was one at Merry Hill, that's the one that I remember. There were huge statues of the Looney Tunes characters outside if I remember correctly. I used to love that shop.

I was sure there was! And the big statues definitely ring a bell. I remember going to Merry Hill when I was 7 or 8, spending ages in the Warner Brothers shop and then going to the McDonalds nearby with the big indoor play area and having a chicken and ketchup burger happy meal :D oh memories :sleep:
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES

I bought 2 figurines, one of Pinky and one of the Brain. Both got damaged and I have not been able to find them again.

Still love them, would buy them again (but not the £80 each the USA eBayers are charging)
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember back in the mid 90's wanting the following photo from the WB shop.It's a tribute photo to Mel Blanc

http://www.animationartwork.com/artwork/imagery/l.4-CC1237-Speechless-Deluxe.jpg
  • Options
    ChasingSundaysChasingSundays Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »

When i was about 9 i once won a looney tunes denim jacket in a competition, it would have been my fave jacket too but sadly the size they sent me was an xxl so it was a tad too big unfortunately :(

I didnt even know there used to be warner bros stores!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    did they all have basken shops in them
    The one in Glasgow didn't. I was only ever in it once though; was disappointed it was full of kids stuff and cartoon characters. Was hoping to get some decent WB movie memorabilia.

Btw, OP, had to laugh at your post. I'm sure most people will remember the stores unless they're under 10 LOL. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to love the one in the Metrocentre as well. It closed and then another reopened a year or so later, then that closed in 2004.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bubbsy wrote: »
    The one in Glasgow didn't. I was only ever in it once though; was disappointed it was full of kids stuff and cartoon characters. Was hoping to get some decent WB movie memorabilia.

Btw, OP, had to laugh at your post. I'm sure most people will remember the stores unless they're under 10 LOL. :D

there was not many of them and they all closed 7 years ago