Options

Ross Kemp & 360 controller

TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I used to watch the army advert with them flying a "spy" remote control plane with a 360 controller and think that's just for show, but...............

Last night on Ross Kemp return to Afghanistan, they were actually using a 360 controller to control a plane

what ever next.....

g

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wot you talking about man, i fly planes with my 360 controller all the time. . . you ain't tried RC-AirSim yet? :D;):)

Fantastic bit of fun, recommended.
  • Options
    paulbeattie87paulbeattie87 Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the British and US military have been known to be using 360 controllers for their drones. Heard about this quite some time ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Yeah I saw the advert and thought why ever not... we all know they're the most comfortable and stylish controller available, so it makes sense to me.
  • Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that on Ross Kemp did make me smile have to admit i use one for gaming online on my pc then just unplug and play on my 360
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brings a whole new meaning to the RROD...

Personally, I'd prefer an Atari joystick, although then you'd have to carry round an annual to stick it down too, could compromise luggage space. :(
  • Options
    grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Yeah the British and US military have been known to be using 360 controllers for their drones. Heard about this quite some time ago.

Was on TV about 12 Months ago. Xbox-Scene had an article on it also.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EElEppllVlYEqIzJaf.php

I heard the Brits were the first to use it back in 2007, though, and the Yankies took the idea, because it worked.

One of the British Army here.

http://blogs.msdn.com/markjo/archive/2007/12/02/british-army-use-xbox-360-controllers.aspx
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brings a whole new meaning to the RROD...

Personally, I'd prefer an Atari joystick, although then you'd have to carry round an annual to stick it down too, could compromise luggage space. :(

Jeez, that made me laugh. I forgot about the suckers on the old joysticks constantly coming unstuck from your copy of the Beano(Dandy, Victor, etc.) annual because you were waggling too vigorously on Daley Thompsons Decathlon!!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    Jeez, that made me laugh. I forgot about the suckers on the old joysticks constantly coming unstuck from your copy of the Beano(Dandy, Victor, etc.) annual because you were waggling too vigorously on Daley Thompsons Decathlon!!! :D

Was always a Q A Z X C man myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine someone using a wii-mote!