Comments

• muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was she prosecuted in the end?
    Don't think so. I think the damage to her reputation is probably enough :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Silly woman and her husband try to intimidate a man not committing any illegal act and the woman then threatens to lie about about the man assaulting her? I think she should be arrested for making such a threat. All the man was trying to do is show how her car was blocking a busy thoroughfare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Silly woman and her husband try to intimidate a man not committing any illegal act and the woman then threatens to lie about about the man assaulting her? I think she should be arrested for making such a threat. All the man was trying to do is show how her car was blocking a busy thoroughfare.
    It seems she has shut her business oops. Various people have said so when I googled it. Plus her website is no longer available (http://sdkbath.com/) so it seem legit.
    Losing your business is more than enough punishment IMO and a lot worse than a small fine or community service she would have got if convicted.
  • moonvisagemoonvisage Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    classic.Vile people.The guy filming needs a medal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    It seems she has shut her business oops. Various people have said so when I googled it. Plus her website is no longer available (http://sdkbath.com/) so it seem legit.
    Losing your business is more than enough punishment IMO and a lot worse than a small fine or community service she would have got if convicted.

I would bet a hefty amount that they won't see having to close their business as being their fault - they'll be blaming the chap filming for that.

I'd have rather she and her husband to be bound over for 2 years.
  • epm-84epm-84 Posts: 3,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »

If a court wanted to issue the worst possible punishment on her it would be a £5000 fine and 9 penalty points. (Unlikely she would get that unless a judge wanted to set an example.) If she had obtained at least 3 penalty points over the past 3 years already, then that would result in her being banned from driving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epm-84 wrote: »
    If a court wanted to issue the worst possible punishment on her it would be a £5000 fine and 9 penalty points. (Unlikely she would get that unless a judge wanted to set an example.) If she had obtained at least 3 penalty points over the past 3 years already, then that would result in her being banned from driving.
    Actually she could have been found guilty of conspiring to pervert the course of justice because she made a threat to report the other guy for assault when she knows full well (and the video proves it) that no assault had taken place. That can carry a maimum sentence of life, but in a case like this then a small fine, community service, being bound over or conditional discharge would be more likely.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    M_apple5 wrote: »
    Thought this was going to be a video of a baby splashing around in a bath :o

:D I thought it would be that 'bath' as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Sarah Duncan Knitwear is now a mobile phone repair shop.
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Why exactly was he following her while filming her? I think I'd be angry as well. She shouldn't have threatened to report him for an assault that never happened though. I thought he was a prat to be honest. If he continued to film me like that, I'd have grabbed his phone and threw it away in the distance. She must have asked him about three times to stop filming her as she walked. He's an absolute idiot!

There is no law against filming someone in public and as she was following the bloke demanding that he hand his phone over to her for the footage to be deleted he had every right to keep filming in case he was assaulted by this couple
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auld Snody wrote: »
    There is no law against filming someone in public and as she was following the bloke demanding that he hand his phone over to her for the footage to be deleted he had every right to keep filming in case he was assaulted by this couple

Exactly. It became a situation where he needed to protect himself more than anything, especially considering the fact that her husband clearly assaults him.

Me being me, I'd have made my way to a bus stop, got on a bus and just ridden to the other end of the route, just to see if she still followed me :)
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M_apple5 wrote: »
    Thought this was going to be a video of a baby splashing around in a bath :o

haha :D me too! its a very misleading title!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    haha :D me too! its a very misleading title!

How would that have explained the 'road' bit though?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on her side. She was polite enough at first. Why was he filming her?
    Busybodies like him should mind their own business.

OK she shouldn't have said that she would lie (especially when being filmed) but why did that guy think he had some right to film her? He started the whole thing and stirred it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Busybodies like him should mind their own business.

OK she shouldn't have said that she would lie (especially when being filmed) but why did that guy think he had some right to film her? He started the whole thing and stirred it up.

He wasn't filming her, he was filming her car which was parked blocking the road and causing traffic problems. Then she arrived and he explained why he was filming. I assume he carried on filming for his own protection especially when threats were made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »

He was in a public place filming an obstructing vehicle. Had an emergency service been delayed due to that obstruction it would have been very useful evidence for the police to evaluate.