Options

Craig's 9 for Frankie

Comments

• Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too thought it was mean spirited of him, especially when he gave Simon a 10 at the end. Imho Simon's AT was no better or worse than Frankie's Paso.

And his "horse" comment about her showdance was horrible and uncalled for.

He has his favourites (as is his right) but does he have to be so bleedin' obvious about it??

Nasty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie's Samba was as good as Caroline's Cha-Cha. He could have given her a 10 for her Paso, as he gave Simon a 10 for his AT, but perhaps all the trotting from the pros decided him not to.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Simon's AT was the dance of the night, and probably the dance of the series and deserved the score it got. Comparing the scoring of that dance to the showdance or the paso isn't really comparing like for like in terms of quality. The only dance of Frankie's that would have compared to that was the tango which, for whatever reason, wasn't danced in the final.
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    dayzeee wrote: »
    I think it was mean of Craig to withhold the 10 for Frankie. To end her Strictly experience like that was almost cruel and not necessary, except to make him feel powerful in some way. There seems to be a really nasty streak in him, so I think he is not not just playing the role of Mr Nasty. I felt sorry for Frankie who was clearly upset by him.

Actually didn't mind him playing mr 'hard to please' with frankie. Though it would have hardly mattered had he gave her a ten, considering he was handing out 'donny tens' to the others.
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Simon's AT and Caroline's dances had that extra wow factor in my opinion. I can see why he didn't give Frankie a ten, and have said elsewhere that I suspect it may have been a different story had she picked the Tango.
  • Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may have been her reaction to his 'horsey' comment which resulted in the non 10 marks. Remember her temper tantrum (thwacking that donkey thing) over the 'not your best dance' remark?

Hardly a temper tantrum she was upset when she finished the dance, Craig just kicked her while she was down.
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    I too thought it was mean spirited of him, especially when he gave Simon a 10 at the end. Imho Simon's AT was no better or worse than Frankie's Paso.

And his "horse" comment about her showdance was horrible and uncalled for.

He has his favourites (as is his right) but does he have to be so bleedin' obvious about it??

Nasty.

I dont think that caroline's first dance or charleston merited tens, neither did simon's less than perfect showdance.
    And to think that natalie last year scored less well than caroline...that is a JOKE!
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amelia_lee wrote: »
    No it was Craig, Len usually overmarked her, especially I think it was her jive he gave a ten to.

No he didn't - all the judges gave the Jive a 9. Len never gave a 10 to Frankie if Bruno didn't.
  • Options
    amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    No he didn't - all the judges gave the Jive a 9. Len never gave a 10 to Frankie if Bruno didn't.

No, it was her samba (Alesha's) I was thinking of.
    I meant Len overmarked Alesha, not Frankie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie was a very attractive woman, so the judges might have overcompensated to make sure she did not get marks for looking good.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Frankie was a very attractive woman, so the judges might have overcompensated to make sure she did not get marks for looking good.

And Caroline isn't?
  • Options
    PastaPasta Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig's given 10s to some terrible stuff in his time.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But almost certainly the best one.

Not even close - neither Kara nor Alesha ever got 40 and they were both head and shoulders above Frankie.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem with Frankie & Kevin's showdance was they did the wrong dance to the wrong music! Frankie said she wanted to include the "bench dancing" part as seen in Sound of Music. This would have worked better if they'd had "I am 16 going on 17) as their music, instead of the dreadful choice they did have.

Even so, I thought Craig could have kept his comment to 'not being keen on the bench' part and left out the 'leading a horse.....' But for several weeks I've thought he just doesn't like Frankie or maybe it's Kevin?
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why Craig did that. It was really mean.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I quite like Frankie but did think she sounded a bit like a spoilt child when she said how much she wanted a 40. I didn't feel she deserved it - and in any case, apart from the winner only ONE performance scored full marks all series - she was hardly being picked on!
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    i thought it was pretty mean, but then the entire night's marking was pretty wild.

no-one deserved a 10 for their judges choice, and caroline's 40 for that was ridiculous.

in the scheme of things, i thought frankie could have got 40 for either her show dance or paso, and it was mean not to give her one in a night where it didn't matter a stuff.
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that she should have gotten a 40, her Paso was better than Simon's AT.
  • Options
    mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Pity she cant dance as well as Valegro, !!!
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    adamw92 wrote: »
    I thought that she should have gotten a 40, her Paso was better than Simon's AT.

:o I thought Simon's AT was exceptional, and as enjoyable as Frankie's Paso was, it wasn't at all on the same level.
  • Options
    foxyredfoxyred Posts: 15,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    It wouldn't have hurt him, their scores don't matter in he final after all.

I don't understand why he should if he didn't feel it was worthy of a ten :confused:

I totally agreed with him and didn't vote for her dance because I too hated the jumping on benches bit. I really think that if they didn't do that he would have scored them a 10 and it would have been deserved
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamw92 wrote: »

I disagree - as good as Frankie's paso was, it was for me miles behind Simon's AT which was just simply incredible. I can't even explain how much I was blown away by it the first time but the second time round it was just.... phenomenal imo !
  • Options
    adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »
    :o I thought Simon's AT was exceptional, and as enjoyable as Frankie's Paso was, it wasn't at all on the same level.

His footwork was brilliant but just like the last time his hands looked awful and were quite distracting. I believe Craig commented that they looked like Ice cream scoops, I think this time they were more like spatula's, I'd say it was worth 39 at best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I think the problem with Frankie & Kevin's showdance was they did the wrong dance to the wrong music! Frankie said she wanted to include the "bench dancing" part as seen in Sound of Music. This would have worked better if they'd had "I am 16 going on 17) as their music, instead of the dreadful choice they did have.

Even so, I thought Craig could have kept his comment to 'not being keen on the bench' part and left out the 'leading a horse.....' But for several weeks I've thought he just doesn't like Frankie or maybe it's Kevin?

I did laugh when he said that and I said to my boyfriend, "well at least he didn't say what you said :o" my boyfriend said it was a bit like at Crufts where the dogs are doing tricks on steps :o:o

I did think Frankie's reaction to that was a little OTT and she made out that Craig was calling her a horse when he clearly wasn't.

However I doubt very much that Craig was being malicious by not giving a 10 for that especially where there were bits that he wasn't keen on. BTW I thought the music was perfect for the dance and I absolutely loved it till I got distracted by the benches. I did love it more than my faves Simon and Kristina's showdance which I was a little disappointed by sadly
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Frankie's hairstyle.