Options

Posters in your room

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
Forum Member
anybody have any posters in their room? what posters do you have/did you have as a teen?

I was gonna post this in the music section, but it can be applied to more than music.

I'll start:

I have The Saturdays and Paramore. I have a wall for each. Making the collages bigger as days go on :) Love them.
:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Robbie Williams all over my wall :D
  • Options
    momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had david cassidy on mine(a looooong time ago):o
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Robert Redford just after Butch Cassidy.

*sigh* ;)
  • Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I had Hazel O'Connor, WHAM!, and those airbrushed 80s style pics of women wearing headphones or rollerskating..... eeek.

There was a time when Smash Hits used to put a fold out poster of whatever band in the centrefold every week / month. Showing me age now......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had Hazel O'Connor, WHAM!, and those airbrushed 80s style pics of women wearing headphones or rollerskating..... eeek.

There was a time when Smash Hits used to put a fold out poster of whatever band in the centrefold every week / month. Showing me age now......

I miss these magazines.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Redford just after Butch Cassidy.

*sigh* ;)

oooh yuss!my favourite film was The Way We Were,Robert Redford in uniform *swoons*;)
  • Options
    yoyo_ninja_girlyoyo_ninja_girl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    oooh this takes me back... and im only 27 lol, i had a varied taste i had John Barrowman, Boyzone, Less Than Jake, Marilyn Manson, Spice Girls, Pink... oh there were loads
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I had a bros phase,then a take that phase, then an oasis/blur/pulp/charlatans etc phase.

Then I left home and went to uni when I had the Telly tubbies and the Mr Men - Oh how cool and 'ironic' I was............not.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    I had david cassidy on mine(a looooong time ago):o
    Me too. God I'm old:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember the first ever poster I put on my wall. I was about 7, and it was the poster from Britney's 'Baby One More Time' album :) Ahh, memories. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    I remember the first ever poster I put on my wall. I was about 7, and it was the poster from Britney's 'Baby One More Time' album :) Ahh, memories. :D

O showing off your youth n'all that!! Are you even old enuf to be on this forum?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had a bros phase,then a take that phase, then an oasis/blur/pulp/charlatans etc phase.

Then I left home and went to uni when I had the Telly tubbies and the Mr Men - Oh how cool and 'ironic' I was............not.

OMG I jus remembered at school we all had becks beer tops looped onto our (red) kickers laces. The shame of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .Mimi. wrote: »
    I miss these magazines.:(

The best bit was they used to print the song lyrics - long before the interweb was invented - so you could singalong with confidence that you were getting the right words.
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    OMG I jus remembered at school we all had becks beer tops looped onto our (red) kickers laces. The shame of it.

Lol it used to be Grolsch Beer tops in the days of Bros. :D
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. God I'm old:o

Worry not I think I can even beat that - Marc Bolan - a pull out from Jackie Magazine! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Lol it used to be Grolsch Beer tops in the days of Bros. :D

O yeah, that's what I meant Grolsch. Drinking too much alcohol affects the memory you know.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worry not I think I can even beat that - Marc Bolan - a pull out from Jackie Magazine! :p

Jackie magazine! there`s a blast from the past;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I grew up with my walls slathered in Boyzone posters. I had a film poster from Titanic up for a while as well, and a few pics of George Clooney stuck to my pinboard. Along with the DiMarco brothers from Eastenders. Why? I dunno. :o

Just have a few art posters up now, and a picture of a buddha with an inspirational saying on it - I'm so deep. :rolleyes:

Oh, and a few cartoons that I find funny, and quotes I like, and copies of poems I like. And photos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooooh I remember more - Madness, The Specials, Adam Ant, them new romantic ones can't remember name of... all frilly shirts and gelled hair.....

Cripes, better get back to me drinking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jackie magazine! there`s a blast from the past;)

I have a 1969 Jackie Annual (pre me being born) that I found in a jumble sale!!! Haven't actually read it but am gonna sell it on eBay or sumin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....and the Osmonds(shared a room with my sister :o)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 1969 Jackie Annual (pre me being born) that I found in a jumble sale!!! Haven't actually read it but am gonna sell it on eBay or sumin.

I have that same annual in my loft!(I was the one who bought it! jings!:o:o ) actually have several of them,cor! are they worth money now???
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Jackie and Smash Hits back in the day! I think my first posters were probably Star Wars / Indiana Jones ones. I had a mad crush on Harrison Ford back then. I also remember having Tom Selleck, Dukes of Hazzard and CHIPS posters up at some point! I was never really into the New Romantic bands like my friends although I do remember an embarrassing phase of liking Haircut 100 :D . My tastes did improve and by the time I went to college I think I had progressed to The Smiths! Ah, happy days cutting out the posters from Jackie and blu tacking them up whilst taping the Top 40 and cursing Bruno Brookes for talking over all the songs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have that same annual in my loft!(I was the one who bought it! jings!:o:o ) actually have several of them,cor! are they worth money now???

I reckon so, if they're in good condition with no torn out pages or infestations.....

Check Amazon.co.uk and eBay - if there's an ISBN no. it's really easy cos it'l point you direct to the exact copy - if there isn't you should still get a fair idea of what the competition is and what other people are selling them for. They are worth money these days simply because people buy them as memorabilia or gifts for people who were born in those years. May be worth hanging on a bit longer til the recession ends (if it ever will).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    I have a big Paramore one, greenday and i have a Pon and Zi one, and a El Barto one and a Spongebob one with Gary on it. :D