Options

Is Jimmy Bullard ruining the show?

YES for me.

All the camera-hogging, play-acting, loudmouthing, awful attempts at "banter" are getting beyond a joke now. Not only is he turning off viewers he's also doing his campmates' heads in.

Honestly I'd rather have Gemma Collins back than suffer this baffoon, and I never thought I'd say that.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must be a bit trying to live with, but I don't mind the odd burst of shouty singing and even plate banging on tv. I do think the others are very patient about it, especially since he seems to do it in the mornings when they are still asleep. Let's not wish for Gemma back though. The combination of endless complaining and excruciating self-promotion was unwatchable.
  • Options
    Chief InspectorChief Inspector Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Yes!!!!!!!
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Him and Kendra are ruining it for me.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not ashamed to say I like him. :p
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP has an obvious problem with Jimmy.

I don't mind Jimmy at all but I can see how he would do peoples heads in. He strikes me as someone with a very low boredom threshold who needs to be entertained 24/7 and so creates his own amusement when there is nothing else on offer.
  • Options
    mashedpotatoesmashedpotatoes Posts: 4,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obnoxious man - worst one in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    If the Wombats lose the final trial, he'll be among those up for eviction.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    He's a pest.
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I had never heard of him before IAC, I have warmed to him. At least he is doing something, along with Foggy and Jake! Michael, Vicky, Tinchy and Nadia may as well not be there for all they have contributed.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    The OP has an obvious problem with Jimmy.

I don't mind Jimmy at all but I can see how he would do peoples heads in. He strikes me as someone with a very low boredom threshold who needs to be entertained 24/7 and so creates his own amusement when there is nothing else on offer.

Agree with this.

Have worked with people similar to Jimmy and they can be really annoying, but they are full of energy and entertaining. It's a bit of a relief when they a not around, but their absence makes the office quiet and boring and they end up being missed more than most other colleagues would be.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mildly amusing for a start, now he's trying too hard and just coming across as a loud-mouthed show off.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how they bear him. Last night he was ridiculous.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems alright, but he's really getting on my nerves now.

I hate the way that the show focuses on one or two campers such as Jimmy, and pretty much ignore other campers who hardly feature in the edit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do too. I don't care if they're boring show us that they are boring. Then I can decide who I like and who I don't with better judgement. As it is I like Tinchy and Nadia, despite only seeing a little of them and Jimmy, Kendra and Jake are irritating me beyond belief.
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    jimmy has been trending on twitter ever since last night and unfortunately from what i can see all positive comments :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    jimmy has been trending on twitter ever since last night and unfortunately from what i can see all positive comments :eek:

Luckily Twitter is never truly indicative of the majority of the viewing public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr. Claw wrote: »

Perhaps Twitter users are less bitter than DS forum members.
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Luckily Twitter is never truly indicative of the majority of the viewing public.

... and the DS forum is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

... and the DS forum is?

Nope and I never implied otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Nope and I never implied otherwise.

You didn't, but what led you to believe that Twitter is not truly indicative of the majority of the viewing public. I would have thought it represented a fairly wide selection of the UK public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't, but what led you to believe that Twitter is not truly indicative of the majority of the viewing public. I would have thought it represented a fairly wide selection of the UK public.

A fairly wide selection yes. I'm a celeb appeals to a wider selection than Twitter does. I know plenty of people that don't have Twitter and do watch I'm a Celeb.

Twitter is often out of touch with what is really popular ie: X Factor Acts.

I don't see how I'm a Celeb is different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's fun :D And seems really sweet. He's the only reason I'm watching, everyone else is boring.

One thing I can do without is his over competitive behaviour, but I guess being a sportsman he can't help it.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think part of the problem with Jimmy is the editing. It seems the producers have decided it is the now Jimmy,Carl & Kendra show and none of the others count (except perhaps Jake).

But with most of the editing concentrating on that group, who knows what Vicky, Nadia, and Tinchey might really be like? They may be just as active - and a lot more usefully - in camp than Jimmy, Carl & Kendra, but the producers/editors clearly choose not to include them.
  • Options
    Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    It's all down to the editing I assume, surely Tinchy must have said something interesting by now but we've never been shown it. The same, but a little less so with Vicky and Nadia, we hardly see or hear from them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    the Twitter demographic is not representative of the UK as a whole. The percentage of I'maceleb viewers on Twitter is very small. Just think about it. Is your mum on twitter? Is your granny on Twitter?

Thought not ;-)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He is spoiling it for me, yes. His mindless infantile attention-seeking behaviour is irritating and boring in equal measure. I'm so sick of this buffoonery.