Your favourite Celebrity Duet?

zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,755
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is your favourite Celebrity Duet in the Final?

Id say Joe Mcceldery and George Micheal performing "Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me" was mine it gave me goosebumps and i thought it was an amazing performance although Alexandra singing "Listen" with Beyonce was also an epic duet

Comments

• RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex and Beyonce 100%. They really created a special television moment with that performance and it sealed her win.

Honourable mention to Matt and Rihanna. It was HAWWWT
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I have a soft spot for Stacey with Micheal Buble. I think that's a really underrated one.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra and Beyonce obviously.

But I actually LOVED Nicole and Jahmene doing The Greatest Love Of All. It was a really special moment, despite the microphone failing. It gives me goosebumps whenever I watch it.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing has came close to Beyonce and Alexandra. Beyonce was incredible and Alexandra was obviously a nervous wreck, but Beyonce still allowed her to shine and Alex held her own up against her (as much as anyone could with Beyonce). It was a fantastic pairing. The thing is, since then they've never got the duets right. They just try and get big stars...they don't think about whether the person they get is suited to the act they'll be singing with. I thought Nicole and Jermaine, Nicole and Sam Bailey was awful...Nicole was doing her damn right best to outshine them and didn't give them a chance to shine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    Alexandra and beyonce
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing has or will probable ever come close to Alexandra & Beyonce IMO
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the duets the star usually performs (purposely) a little worse to make the act sound better.

Robbie Williams and Olly Murs was alright but hate how Olly tries to be Robbie
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Luke and Ellie Goulding last year,that was fab.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole and Sam Bailey was actually uncomfortable to watch, both desperately trying to out-sing each other. It wasn't a duet, it was like one of those battle rounds on The Voice.
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Leona and Take That. The only one I think of as a 'Duet' when I look back. The harmonies, the chemistry, everything just went together perfectly.
  • ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is your favourite Celebrity Duet in the Final?

Id say Joe Mcceldery and George Micheal performing "Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me" was mine it gave me goosebumps and i thought it was an amazing performance although Alexandra singing "Listen" with Beyonce was also an epic duet
    Same although Joe sounded a bit nasal in that duet, George was being very kind in not trying to steal the limelight from Joe.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Leona and Take That. The only one I think of as a 'Duet' when I look back. The harmonies, the chemistry, everything just went together perfectly.

I agree. it seemed like a proper duet rather than one contrived for the show.

Another one which I think worked really well was Leon Jackson and Kylie Minogue.
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like Sam and Nicole But Beyoncé and Alex for me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    My top 2 are:

Stacey Solomon and Michael Buble
    &
    Little Mix and Tulisa (She proved all the haters wrong)
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    ariella52 wrote: »
    I agree. it seemed like a proper duet rather than one contrived for the show.

Another one which I think worked really well was Leon Jackson and Kylie Minogue.

Oh, yes! That one was brilliant, too!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steve Brookstein and the Dark Lord. It was epic.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Either Leona & Take That (Gary Barlow stanning was amazing) or Alexandra & Beyonce (amazing moment)

Other standouts include Stacey & Michael Buble, Matt & Rihanna.

The last few years have been terrible although Jahmene and Nicole was good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Alexandra and Beyoncé was great. Joe and George Michael also but then again don't Let The Sun is a brilliant song.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Another one I remembered that isn't getting much praise on here was Kelly Rowland and Amelia Lily. I remember thinking that was fantastic actually.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,623
    Forum Member
    Beyonce & Alexandra will never be beaten imo. It was an extraordinary performance and one of the few X Factor moments where I've gone back and watched it again on YouTube years later.

I doubt any of this years celebrity duets will come close to even being half as good as the level of excellence Beyonce & Alexandra showcased with their duet.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I liked Rihanna and Matt the best!
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Best: Alexandra and Beyonce

Honourable mentions: Nicole and Jahmene, Tulisa and Little Mix, Rihanna and Matt
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona and Take That. I can still remember Mark looking at Leona in awe. Gary and Leona's voice blended so well.
  • adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra & Beyonce was incredible. I also really love how much Take That were in awe of Leona during their duet, it was a beautiful performance and she nailed it.

Honourable mention to Stacey Solomon & Michael Buble, it was such a fun duet and I really think she should have made the final 2 after it.
  • Deb11Deb11 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Can't belive no votes for Eggnog & Boyzone 😉