Chas And Dave's Christmas Knees Up (7.05pm Xmas Day Ch5)

DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Jim Davidson and Eric Clapton.

Could be fun.

Comments

• darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gertcha !! :D
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnall42 wrote: »
    Gertcha !! :D

Down Ta Marrrrgit
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that grandad trotter on drums:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey this looks old, its almost in Black and White

Or more like Biege and Brown.....

Great act though, wonder if Clapton and Davidson might do some of their dodgy racial material.
    😎
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy's dark glasses are seemingly stopping him from being able to locate the front of his mouth with the microphone.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Blimey this looks old, its almost in Black and White

Or more like Biege and Brown.....

Great act though, wonder if Clapton and Davidson might do some of their dodgy racial material.
    😎

1980's IIRC, you must be young if this is almost black and white.
    I'll record it and catch it later.

BBC Four did a good doc about them and aired one of their final concerts, everyone knew the words, unlike this lot in this, IIRC it's real hooch their drinking too.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enjoying this (better chas 'n' Dave than dreary miranda :D )
  • ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it too- I reckon it's not been repeated since 1982 - but better than Miranda :-) Albert Lee and Eric Clapton, what more do you want? Good on Channel Five - and a good Boxing Day line up tomorrow for them too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    This guy's dark glasses are seemingly stopping him from being able to locate the front of his mouth with the microphone.

Errrrr...he was blind

:D
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::cool: :blush::D
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was this realy 82 ? The horrific hairstyles, clothes and brown decor looked very 1977.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Jim Davidson's set was cut out ? Too racist to screen I bet !
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errrrr...he was blind

:D

Oh. :blush:

My bad.
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ccb2011 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it too- I reckon it's not been repeated since 1982 - but better than Miranda :-) Albert Lee and Eric Clapton, what more do you want? Good on Channel Five - and a good Boxing Day line up tomorrow for them too.

Think I might have seen it before, quite a few years ago. Enjoyed it though, makes a change for a decent festive programme, even if it was that old.

Definitely 80s fashions though, and when pubs were proper pubs thick with cigarette smoke.

Lennie Peters died back in 1992.

Chas and Dave are still going, having got back together after they split when Dave's wife died. Most recently support act for the mighty Status Quo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw them live just last summer at an 80's festival and they are still fantastic. Love them.
    Forum Member
    Jason C wrote: »
    Oh. :blush:

My bad.

You must be too young to remember Peters and Lee, wait until you read how he lost his eyesight.
    Anyway it was just an odd affectation, singing out of the side of his mouth and wafting the mike about.

Just watching my recording now.
    Miranda was far too mawkish and sentimental tonight.

Edit: Sounds like they've dubbed on the cheering and clapping at the end of the songs, gawd knows why.
    Forum Member
    kelvo wrote: »
    Chas and Dave are still going, having got back together after they split when Dave's wife died. Most recently support act for the mighty Status Quo.

Didn't know they were back on the road again, one of their Son's in on Drums, well has been for a while IIRC.

No pleasing you now, looks like the crowds properly warmed up now :)
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    They were fantastic backing status quo up.
  • ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Shame about 11 mins cut out but still enjoyed it
    Forum Member
    That was good that, reminds me of some good nights out in pubs with bands playing covers.
    Jim Davidson wasn't missed, didn't need Jimmy Cricket either, music and some punters what more do you need.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what Jim Davidson joked about or seen it with him in? Very curious! Bit out of order for C5 to claim he'd be in it. Jim said on Twittee the PC police got him, so must've been the material.
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    Anyone know what Jim Davidson joked about or seen it with him in? Very curious! Bit out of order for C5 to claim he'd be in it. Jim said on Twittee the PC police got him, so must've been the material.

Jim Davidson, like David Starkey is a 'controversialist'.
    Heard them interviewed, simple innocuous questions, they try to be controversial and edgy.
    I suspect Ch5 aren't going to phone him and tell him why he was edited out, so he's just guessing, could have been chopped to fit the slot or just to cut out his repeat fee.

I didn't want to see Davidson or Cricket anyway.
  • hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Davidson, like David Starkey is a 'controversialist'.
    Heard them interviewed, simple innocuous questions, they try to be controversial and edgy.
    I suspect Ch5 aren't going to phone him and tell him why he was edited out, so he's just guessing, could have been chopped to fit the slot or just to cut out his repeat fee.

I didn't want to see Davidson or Cricket anyway.

I would have liked to see the entire show as it was originally broadcast.
    I expect his joke and impression of Chalky White didn't go down well with the PC police.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On again tonight at 19.35 Ch5...

TVGuide is showing Eric Clapton and Jim Davidson again.