Options

Short Break in London

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm considering a weekend away (saturday to sunday) to London for my birthday in May and I was just wondering if anybody knows of any good sites where I can book the whole package eg. Hotel, train tickets and maybe a show/attraction?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greenwich is nice to look around, but neighbouring Woolwich is a bit like Sheffield's Darnall, so, perhaps, best to avoid. Don't forget the London Eye.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »

Thanks. :)

Has anyone tried any of those before? I suppose what I should've asked is for recommendations for sites like this that people have used before and found good. Plus recommendations for hotels and places to visit. I've never been before you see. :o
    Greenwich is nice to look around, but neighbouring Woolwich is a bit like Sheffield's Darnall, so, perhaps, best to avoid. Don't forget the London Eye.

:D Yep I'm familiar with Darnall so I agree it's probably best to avoid..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member

Oi !!!

I live in Woolwich. I don't care how bad Sheffield's Darnell is Woolwich is significantly much worse.:p

Try looking at Travelodge and Travel Inn. They do lots of offers. If luck is on your side you may get a room fro under £30 a night even if it's not in central London.
    Also look at getting a weekend travel pass for public transport. Paying per bus or tube is really expensive.
  • Options
    gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Travelodge currently have a sale on, rooms from £9.
    Me and my sister managed to get a room in London for this price!

And btw Sheffield's Darnall isn't that bad, i'd say the Manor is worse.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbreaks have been around for donkey years never used any of the companies myself as I work just outside London
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    We visit regularly, but book online separately, we stay at the Westbury in Mayfair usually, and from there it is easy to get the tube to anywhere
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Travelodge currently have a sale on, rooms from £9.
    Me and my sister managed to get a room in London for this price!

And btw Sheffield's Darnall isn't that bad, i'd say the Manor is worse.

I got some amazing bargains on Travelodge this morning. All I would say is check Tripadvisor before you book, some are hellholes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. All the suggestions are very helpful. :)

I'll definitely have a look into Travelodge. I'm guessing there must be at least one that's pretty central-ish, just so we're near the main places that we want to visit.

Also thanks for the travel pass suggestion. I wouldn't have even thought about the costs of tubes/taxis/buses/etc. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Ello!

We are about to book a trip to London for 2 days to see Wicked. We used this website http://www.show-and-stay.co.uk/ Getting our tickets for £70pp, that includes the hotel, breakfast and the show :) all you would have to do is go to the http://www.thetrainline.com and book your train tickets.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd highly reccoment you don't use those superbreak sites. Book a travelodge room for definite, they are so cheap and they have some really good locations.

If you want to see a show and arn't picky you can get good deals (up to half price) on the day from TKTS. They have most of the big shows (Except Wicked).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Blemished wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. All the suggestions are very helpful. :)

I'll definitely have a look into Travelodge. I'm guessing there must be at least one that's pretty central-ish, just so we're near the main places that we want to visit.

Also thanks for the travel pass suggestion. I wouldn't have even thought about the costs of tubes/taxis/buses/etc. :o

Unless a total emegency don't get a blac cab. You start off with about £3-£4 on the meter the moment you get into the thing. Before you know where you are you've paid clost to £10 to do a reasonably short journey.

If you want to eat cheaply during the day and not a burger bar go to the Whetherspoons website before you come to London and find where theirs are located.