Options

EE - Tonight's episode proved the potential in Roxy!

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
She stole the show tongiht IMO and reminded me why she is my favorite character!

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The way Rita played Roxy after the car crash and in the hospital was incredible.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Nah, Aleks and his stand up was the true standout moment tonight.
  • Options
    fawltytowers93fawltytowers93 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita was INCREDIBLE tonight!!
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy is consistently great when given stuff to do, yet never seems to get a storyline of her own. I seriously can't remember the last time she took the lead in a story, rather than being part of somebody elses.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    You'd think Roxy would have felt guilty for running Emma over, but no.

I really liked the scenes. She looked so scared and it was very well played.
  • Options
    mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Nah, Aleks and his stand up was the true standout moment tonight.
    The guy who plays him is fantastic as subtle comedy. It's in his facial expressions and body language. I loved the bit where Charlie made a joke about 'marrying Ronnie and getting Roxy too' and Aleks scribbled out something on his pad.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree

Rita gave the best performance of the whole episode and perhaps of her whole time in the show. Love the character, but never rated the actress.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    mandead88 wrote: »
    The guy who plays him is fantastic as subtle comedy. It's in his facial expressions and body language. I loved the bit where Charlie made a joke about 'marrying Ronnie and getting Roxy too' and Aleks scribbled out something on his pad.

Oh bugger! I missed that part! I'm laughing tho because of Aleks at the start of the episode: "I only have terrible jokes like; 'if you marry Ronnie you get Roxy'". Haha! I love that Charlie said the same thing and Aleks had to scribble it out! :D
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    You'd think Roxy would have felt guilty for running Emma over, but no.

I really liked the scenes. She looked so scared and it was very well played.

I'm sure she will feel guilty, but she was in total shock after and Emma seemed to be up and about, Roxy was focused on Ronnie and the baby too much to feel guilty about Emma. Once she hears Emma is in hospital I'm sure she will feel guilty, though its not really her fault in any way.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really was fantastic. Fast becoming one of my favourite characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    Oh bugger! I missed that part! I'm laughing tho because of Aleks at the start of the episode: "I only have terrible jokes like; 'if you marry Ronnie you get Roxy'". Haha! I love that Charlie said the same thing and Aleks had to scribble it out! :D
    Yeah, that was the reason. I thought it was really funny, because we've all heard best man-style jokes that are that cringeworthy.

Aleks reminds me of a cross between Richard Cole and David Wicks. He's quite a good character, so I hope he sticks around now that his Latvian family have left.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I luv Roxy, really hope her and Sam never leave EE. :D
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree last night showed just how great an actress Rita is. I've always believed that she is really underrated and is never given a chance to shine. Hopefully this year she gets a big story of her own!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozboz3 wrote: »
    I agree last night showed just how great an actress Rita is. I've always believed that she is really underrated and is never given a chance to shine. Hopefully this year she gets a big story of her own!
    To be fair, I don't think it really matters how good an actress she is; the character is pointless, and has been recycling storylines for years. Yes, that may not be her fault, but it doesn't change the fact that killing her off would probably have been a good result for the character. It's very unlikely she will be given any interesting storylines in 2015.

Look at Derek Branning. Jamie Foreman is a decent actor - especially by soap standards - and was given an interesting character to play, but after a few months the writers bizarrely changed course and decided to make him a family man, despite the fact he clearly did not actually have a family until they took this decision. This (among other things) then led to the character being ruined, so they killed him off after a ridiculous storyline involving an affair with Kat Moon.

I don't see that Roxy has anything left to contribute, and I'd argue that has been the case for some time now. It would actually have made great sense to kill her off, if the writers wanted both Ronnie and the baby to survive.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive always like Roxy and she doesn't get the recognition she deserves. The character came in to her own when Ron left, the writers need to do more for Roxy.
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with her acting - she's always been a great actress though and Roxys character is just brilliant!
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rita Simmons was amazing last night! I actually started to think "She's gonna get so much more to do now Ronnie's going"
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Roxie, she was my favourite Mitchell sister when they first arrived but Ronnie the legend is my favourite now, she's so chilling :D Still they're both good though.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She nearly made me cry!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, Rita has always been great it's just that we are rarely able to see it.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad she will always be in Ronnie's shadow.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her she was amazing last night :) more Mitchells thankyou.
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I'd love for Roxy to get a massive storyline of her own, out from Ronnie's shadow. Even though I love Ronnie too.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandead88 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the reason. I thought it was really funny, because we've all heard best man-style jokes that are that cringeworthy.

Aleks reminds me of a cross between Richard Cole and David Wicks. He's quite a good character, so I hope he sticks around now that his Latvian family have left.

His daughter stayed behind and he is now caring for her. She was at the wedding as well.

As for Rita Simons she was great last night especially when she was still in the car and she was too scared to turn round in case Ronnie was dead because she couldn't hear her.