Options

Who Killed Lucy Beale? - Latest theories, updates and spoilers (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be VERY surprised if the killer turned out to be Cora

for a start she wasnt shown with her phone at the beginning of the New Years Eve episode and she also wasnt one of the 14 suspects outside the cafe when Emma sent the failed text
  • Options
    TheDevil666TheDevil666 Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having a closer look at the odds, it appears Cora was 100/1 with BetVictor on Saturday, now she is just 4/1. That means one or a combination of:

1) There has been a spate of betting on Cora in the last few days
    2) Someone has put a substantial bet on Cora
    3) The bookmakers know something

That is a huge drop.
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would Cora being the killer "change things forever". She'd hardly be missed if she wasn't there as it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Having a closer look at the odds, it appears Cora was 100/1 with BetVictor on Saturday, now she is just 4/1. That means one or a combination of:

1) There has been a spate of betting on Cora in the last few days
    2) Someone has put a substantial bet on Cora
    3) The bookmakers know something

That is a huge drop.

I've been keeping an eye out for clues of her being the killer because I have a 100/1 bet on her, for this reason I would be thrilled if she's the killer ;-)
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the beehive. Clearly she's concealing weapons in it. Was probably contracted to do the job by Dot 'The Reaper' Cotton.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    She may be involved - even if not as the killer. They will need an actor involved like her who can actually act.
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But wasn't the whole point of the new years episode to show all suspects and eliminate some? And Cora wasn't on her phone, wasn't glaring at Emma oddly and wasn't outside the cafe either.

Has it ever been officially said that the ones outside the cafe are the final line up of suspects?

I'd be disappointed if it was Cora. I feel like she wouldn't have as much impact as the other suspects. She could easily be carted off to jail and in a few months people would forget all about her.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Max's odds dropped after gullible people bet on him after Jake Wood held up a sign, I imagine there's an equally stupid reason why Cora's odds have dropped which has nothing to do with people actually knowing who killed Lucy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    But wasn't the whole point of the new years episode to show all suspects and eliminate some? And Cora wasn't on her phone, wasn't glaring at Emma oddly and wasn't outside the cafe either.

Has it ever been officially said that the ones outside the cafe are the final line up of suspects?

I'd be disappointed if it was Cora. I feel like she wouldn't have as much impact as the other suspects. She could easily be carted off to jail and in a few months people would forget all about her.

I can't help but think maybe the suspects are red herrings? Just because someone received a text at that time could have easily been a coincidence. I do think that if you look carefully then she does seem quite suspicious. I think it'll be someone who isn't in the "11 suspects" list, seeing as DTC had said they'd be doing a lot of trickery to make sure the killer is kept a secret.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    am i the only who hasn't a clue?

nope, I dont have a clue either!

I am 99% certain its NOT Abi tho :)
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not Cora!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted the exact same thing earlier. I've been watching her the past couple of episodes and although she wasn't there when the text went off she's been acting well dodgy. As soon as Emma heard coras voice in the brannings living room she snuck in the hallway and was listening to what she had to say, it then cut to Cora saying she was leaving....then suddenly Emma's off out in the square trying to get to the police.

Yes, I would like to know why Emma reacted like that when she heard Cora's voice.
  • Options
    newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Emma was discussed earlier as an outside chance but with her gone it's going to be someone that knew Lucy and lives on the Square.

She could still be revealed as the murderer. What if it transpired she had a multiple personality disorder???
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think and have thought all along it's unlikely to be Lauren. She seemed genuine when she spoke to Stacey about her father having something to hide about Lucy's death and she raised the possibility that he might have killed Lucy. Abi on the other hand acted very suspiciously when Lauren mentioned Max tearing up the file on Lucy.
  • Options
    PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Yes, Abi was acting too suspicious last night. They want us to think it's Abi. I voted Abi but I've changed my mind. I think it has to be someone less obvious.

Yes it does seem rather obvious. Could be that she is covering up something else.
  • Options
    PacerkezPacerkez Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geekess wrote: »
    I can't help but think maybe the suspects are red herrings? Just because someone received a text at that time could have easily been a coincidence. I do think that if you look carefully then she does seem quite suspicious. I think it'll be someone who isn't in the "11 suspects" list, seeing as DTC had said they'd be doing a lot of trickery to make sure the killer is kept a secret.

I half think that the text part was a red herring. The text alert was just confirmation that it went though that time. I don't think Cora killed lucy, she's always been a soul old goat that looks like she's chewing on a wasp. I feel it was Cindy, or if the text was a red herring, then Bobby, why I don't know. Just a gut feeling.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Pacerkez wrote: »
    Agreed. Denise knows, Jane and Bobby know. Max and Abi know and that's it. Not sure on anyone else?. Obviously Cindy does.

Like in Broadchuch the killers family was not in the know, like with Ian and Pater being kept in the dark, as well as Lauren.

I like it but why would Max protect Cindy?
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    She could still be revealed as the murderer. What if it transpired she had a multiple personality disorder???

Personally, I think that would be one transpiration too far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it but why would Max protect Cindy?

I think it's more him protecting himself and Abi. How they got caught up in it all I don't know, just a guessing game. They obviously know something, especially Abi
  • Options
    Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I half think that the text part was a red herring. The text alert was just confirmation that it went though that time. I don't think Cora killed lucy, she's always been a soul old goat that looks like she's chewing on a wasp. I feel it was Cindy, or if the text was a red herring, then Bobby, why I don't know. Just a gut feeling.

It would be too dark, even for EE, to make the killer Bobby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was Cora then that is basically EE saying, "Don't bother getting excited over any of our 'who dunnit' plots in the future because all clues will be meaningless"

A soap opera does need to tell the truth in important parts. Saying they have 14/11 suspects has to be the truth otherwise it's absolutely pointless people turning on the TV and watching the soap.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunnydayz wrote: »

I'm bemused by the 23:30-I did a timeline of times we knew about-somewhere around page 40/41 in this thread and I didn't have any evidence from 9:45 when a clock showed Denise back at Ians. Then the next was the CCTV on the BBCwebsite showing the common at 23 53.

I wasn't going to quote the entire thread :)

Anyway, someone's posted screenshots on the Walford Web forum. As far as I can make out Ian rung lucy shortly after she left the house, not sure about the others. Think that's pretty much all we didn't already know. Next to Cindy, alibi is written in capitals and underlined several times, whereas Lee's alibi is explained (at party) I don't know if this suggests uncertainty surrounding Cindy's alibi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be nothing, but when Max was saying to Charlie why he's "helping Ben". Max said " you want peace? Find out where Phil's weak spot is and then you make him pay" . Could lucy have been killed for the same reason? To get to Ian? She was his favourite and only her mattered to him. Cindy always wanted to be accepted into the family, but Ian pushed her away. Just a thought.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be nothing, but when Max was saying to Charlie why he's "helping Ben". Max said " you want peace? Find out where Phil's weak spot is and then you make him pay"

That suggests to me it could be Max who tampered with the car to frame Phil. Maybe he didn't intend on killing Emma but had a plan that didn't go accordingly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    It would be too dark, even for EE, to make the killer Bobby.

Not if he didn't mean to. I think if it's to make a big impact then it needs to one of her siblings out of jealousy and to get to Ian. I doubt Bobby, but he's not been looked at as a suspect yet that's all.