Madonna - NIA Birmingham 19th July

icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is going to this? I recently split with my partner so my mum treated me to a ticket to see her to cheer me up, the fact that i will be going on my own might make me suicidal nearer to the show though lol.

Have never seen her live and i don't think i could afford to again.

Is she worth all the ticket price and hype?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to see her in Edinburgh. I have never seen her live before.

I am so mad about Birmingham. It is so much closer to me. I wish I could afford tickets to Birmingham and sell my Edinburgh ones, gutted to be honest.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an incredible show. It'll probably be top heavy with MDNA songs but she has the most fantastic dancers and it's always a real treat seeing a modern version of her old classics. I wanted go Birmingham and it was rumoured a while ago but I ended up doubting it would happen and got London tickets instead. It's gold circle though and hearing LMFAO are performing means I'm not to bothered about going down there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    It's an incredible show. It'll probably be top heavy with MDNA songs but she has the most fantastic dancers and it's always a real treat seeing a modern version of her old classics. I wanted go Birmingham and it was rumoured a while ago but I ended up doubting it would happen and got London tickets instead. It's gold circle though and hearing LMFAO are performing means I'm not to bothered about going down there

Same here, thats why I bought Edinburgh tickets in case Birmingham was just a rumour.

No word on who is suporting at Edinburgh, fingers tightly crossed it isn't LMFAO. As a thirty something wanting to go and watch a musical legend, I do not want it spoiling by having to endure listening to low quality music that appeals to the under 16's:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, thats why I bought Edinburgh tickets in case Birmingham was just a rumour.

No word on who is suporting at Edinburgh, fingers tightly crossed it isn't LMFAO. As a thirty something wanting to go and watch a musical legend, I do not want it spoiling by having to endure listening to low quality music that appeals to the under 16's:D:D

There's a good chance it's Martin Solveig as he said he's going to do some of her European shows. She never has big warm up acts usually:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a good chance it's Martin Solveig as he said he's going to do some of her European shows. She never has big warm up acts usually:(

I know that Josh pinder thought Azari and III might have been supporting. I listened to their stuff and it was right up my street. It seems they are not supproting now. I will have a listen to this Sloveig guy, to be honest anything is better than LMFAO. I honestly can not stand them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that Josh pinder thought Azari and III might have been supporting. I listened to their stuff and it was right up my street. It seems they are not supproting now. I will have a listen to this Sloveig guy, to be honest anything is better than LMFAO. I honestly can not stand them.

He did a famous song called 'hello' and produced quite a few songs on MDNA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did a famous song called 'hello' and produced quite a few songs on MDNA

I know "Hello" well, the other half loved it, to the point of it annoying me lol. I would be haapy enough if he was supporting.

Anyway OP sorry for the thread hijack, get yourself there. I was going to go on my own but I found a friend last minute lol
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I got Edinburgh tickets a few weeks back. Part of me would love to see her at Birmingham because it's a smaller venue so cheaper seats at the back will still be closer than expensive stadium tickets. However, you can't beat the atmosphere at a stadium and even though we are sat right at the back, i still know i'm gonna have a blast.

It's the first time i've seen her (after years or wishing...) and i've managed to force my two mate to come with me. They aren't massive fans of her so I had to settle for the cheapest seats to keep them happy (still £77 mind!). I'm hoping that she impresses them so much that next time I'll be able to splash out on better seats. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to go, but worried I wont get tickets. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »
    I really want to go, but worried I wont get tickets. :(

With it being such a small venue you need to get on there at 09 or 10am (can't remember what time they go on sale) on the day of release. The really great seats have probably been snapped up by fan club pre sales but with it being a tiny arena any view will be good and the sound fantastic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With it being such a small venue you need to get on there at 09 or 10am (can't remember what time they go on sale) on the day of release. The really great seats have probably been snapped up by fan club pre sales but with it being a tiny arena any view will be good and the sound fantastic

Livenation have a presale at 3, so I'm hoping for that
    if not I'll try Friday and then wait for any extras to be released in the mean time.

It's sounds like its going to be a fantastic show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Livenation have a presale at 3, so I'm hoping for that
    if not I'll try Friday and then wait for any extras to be released in the mean time.

It's sounds like its going to be a fantastic show!

Good luck. A good tip is to log on at 2.55 and keep pressing f5 refresh (it's extra seconds using the mouse to refresh :p) and as soon as the page changes get in there quick and you'll be fine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck. A good tip is to log on at 2.55 and keep pressing f5 refresh (it's extra seconds using the mouse to refresh :p) and as soon as the page changes get in there quick and you'll be fine

Thank you, I'll do that haha

I'll let you know I get on, are you going?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I'll do that haha

I'll let you know I get on, are you going?

I'm going Hyde Park and managed to get Gold Circle tickets but if Brum was announced at the same time I'd have gone there instead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going Hyde Park and managed to get Gold Circle tickets but if Brum was announced at the same time I'd have gone there instead

It's annoying when artists do that, but then it's not their fault.
    Atleast your going, should be a good show at Hyde park :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's annoying when artists do that, but then it's not their fault.
    Atleast your going, should be a good show at Hyde park :)

I think with Edinburgh and HP being such big venues they wanted to see how well they sold first. It seems Edinburgh is nearly sold out and HP must be doing OK enough for them to add an extra show. I think they are announcing fairly big warm up acts for HP to shift some more tickets as traditionally London is maybe the most lucrative gig on the tour
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I definitely plan on attending! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think with Edinburgh and HP being such big venues they wanted to see how well they sold first. It seems Edinburgh is nearly sold out and HP must be doing OK enough for them to add an extra show. I think they are announcing fairly big warm up acts for HP to shift some more tickets as traditionally London is maybe the most lucrative gig on the tour

True, I've never been to HP but I can imagine how big it is. I wouldn't mind seeing LMFAO (I don't know if there will be anymore for London) but I doubt they'll play Birmingham too. Interesting to see she is doing more stadiums this time around, with just a few small venues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, I've never been to HP but I can imagine how big it is. I wouldn't mind seeing LMFAO (I don't know if there will be anymore for London) but I doubt they'll play Birmingham too. Interesting to see she is doing more stadiums this time around, with just a few small venues.

She did lots of stadiums in europe last time and stadiums mean she can do less work and earn just as much money rather than having to do residences at arenas. The US leg is pretty much arena based. This is interesting g at the bottom as it shows how important Europe is in generating revenue and why she chose to do the second leg there only. London and Paris are major earners which is probably why she's unleashing big name warm up acts so those last few tickets can shift

http://www.mad-eyes.net/tours/sticky-and-sweet-tour/details.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get the tickets. :\
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't get the tickets. :\

Oh no, not at all?? Is it saying its sold out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the only ones left are the £190.00 per person, I don't have that much money unfortunately
    Have to try friday, if not wait to see if any others get released in the mean time. :\
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most tickets are on Viagogo and seatwave now anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the only ones left are the £190.00 per person, I don't have that much money unfortunately
    Have to try friday, if not wait to see if any others get released in the mean time. :\

With it being such a small venue I imagine there are limited pre sale tickets and the fan club got first dabs yesterday. I'm sure you'll get some on the general sale providing you are quick. I hate viagogo:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get two! :D
    But a lot of them are on viagogo already, it's disgusting!