EE where is this lexi storyline going?

Comments

• matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really care anymore, It's dragged out, Just like everything on Eastenders at the moment and to think it was once my favourite soap. ha.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,952
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    That's a good theory to his affair actually as Phil has never really been overly controlled by lust. All the affairs except Dawn and Glenda have had more to it - he really did (as much as he is able) love Sharon: he was acting out against Kathy paying too much attention to Ben and him not dealing well with fatherhood as well as the alcohilsm with Lorna: Mel was as much about getting one up on Ian and Steve Owen: Rainie was another addiction thing.

Of course writers have to ba cagey about ongoing polt lines or even current stuff that might be used in futurte years. So, they are not going to say, phil has no feelings for Shirley, they will never be friends or reconcile as they might decide to do it in 5 years, even though there are no current plans. Really the only way you'l get a definitive answer re a characters true feelings is an on screen death bed monologue and even that would be down to the writing team at the time and could contradict previous writers and producers beliefs.

im not saying that but if you look at what lorraine said it does fit. theyve always been quite ambiguous i think it always needed to be left very open for sharon there is no way shirley/phil could ever happen again if he wasnt genuine with her. it would ruin shirleys character completely. im sure if phil was meant to have loved shirley either way they would be able to say stuff about it now. . people who even believed he loved her dont think there is anything to them now. they are over and both moved on etc

i always thought it was weird that he had a long going affair based on lust and as you say he cheated on kathy as she didnt pay him enough attention. he obviously loved kathy but this affair was before he told shirley he loved her.

dawn was nothing, just a bit of fun and he was never best buddies with gary
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you thought (or hoped) that phil and shirleuy would ever reconcile or had been asking writers about that - I was just using it as an example. As another one, I doubt that the writers would categorically say that Ricky and Bianca no longer love each other and couldn't ever get back together despite them splitting as they have left the door open for Sid to return and would want the option to reunite them even though it is nor currently on the cards. They wouldn't be doing their jobs properly if there wasn't some ambiguity as to how characters feel about each other.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I don't think they've both moved on by the way. If Shirley had truly moved on, she'd have left a place where she has no ties and gone back to Carly and her grandson where she's wanted and coukd be happy. Also, from experience, it takes more than 6 months to get over someone you've truly loved, lived with and have been involved with as a colleague, friend, lover and finally partner for nearly 5 years. Phil may not have loved shirley but she did him.

I don't think they could ever reconcile, Heather's death and the cover up hurt them too much but I don't think shirley is over it. Hate isn't the opposite of love, indifference is and she isn'( indifferent to Phil or she would't be eavesdropping on him proposing to sharon or threatening him.
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you thought (or hoped) that phil and shirleuy would ever reconcile or had been asking writers about that - I was just using it as an example. As another one, I doubt that the writers would categorically say that Ricky and Bianca no longer love each other and couldn't ever get back together despite them splitting as they have left the door open for Sid to return and would want the option to reunite them even though it is nor currently on the cards. They wouldn't be doing their jobs properly if there wasn't some ambiguity as to how characters feel about each other.
    of course that is different but i doubt anyone would ask them if they didnt love each other anymore. im sure ricky will always be on the back of biancas mind and he is the kids father. she has moved on. its a bit like carol and david - im sure at the time they couldve said they loved each other and wll always feel something for each other. hence why they could just say "yes i think he did and will always feel something for her but he has moved on" still leaving it open for the future and giving fans closure

i dont want them to ever get back together if he wasnt genuine with her. :)

lorraines was a bit different. im sure she wasnt doing it on purpose and there was a reason behind it. like i said i think theyve always been very subtle and played it very slowly over time. even if sharon hadnt come back im sure they couldve done it without her being involved
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member

Yes this is very true. Soap show-runners HAVE to keep tight-lipped on this kind of thing really. They can't say one thing definitively, as some time down the line the show may explore an avenue that contradicts it, or other external factors may come into play that force them to rethink things.

Case-in-point. I remember when Max and Tanya were reunited back in 2009, Diedrick Santer categorically stated that they were now in it for the long haul. Awkward.
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Yes this is very true. Soap show-runners HAVE to keep tight-lipped on this kind of thing really. They can't say one thing definitively, as some time down the line the show may explore an avenue that contradicts it, or other external factors may come into play that force them to rethink things.

Case-in-point. I remember when Max and Tanya were reunited back in 2009, Diedrick Santer categorically stated that they were now in it for the long haul. Awkward.

when he was EP yes but as ive said im sure they could just say "he will always feel something for her" etc to keep it open. i highly doubt lorraine couldnt say either way. BK did say in his interview phil did love shirley so i dont see why lorraine couldnt say
    Forum Member
    I don't think they've both moved on by the way. If Shirley had truly moved on, she'd have left a place where she has no ties and gone back to Carly and her grandson where she's wanted and coukd be happy. Also, from experience, it takes more than 6 months to get over someone you've truly loved, lived with and have been involved with as a colleague, friend, lover and finally partner for nearly 5 years. Phil may not have loved shirley but she did him.

I don't think they could ever reconcile, Heather's death and the cover up hurt them too much but I don't think shirley is over it. Hate isn't the opposite of love, indifference is and she isn'( indifferent to Phil or she would't be eavesdropping on him proposing to sharon or threatening him.
    both or just shirl ?

i think if phil is in a really bad way and they do it right then shirley could possibly forgive him. if she doesnt leave then they will become good friends and maybe be slowly something could happen just before ben gets back. causes a bit of tension and drama. id love for her to be killed off then it would be epic

shirley will always love phil deep down but shes got to move on or she will forever feel bitter.

hate isnt the opposite of love :confused: you can love and hate the same person lol
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    both or just shirl ?

i think if phil is in a really bad way and they do it right then shirley could possibly forgive him. if she doesnt leave then they will become good friends and maybe be slowly something could happen just before ben gets back. causes a bit of tension and drama. id love for her to be killed off then it would be epic

shirley will always love phil deep down but shes got to move on or she will forever feel bitter.

hate isnt the opposite of love :confused: you can love and hate the same person lol

So do you want them to get back together and then she dies, or do you want her to move on from Phil?
    or spend the rest of her life with hatred of Phil eating away at her?

It can't be both:D
    Forum Member
    So do you want them to get back together and then she dies, or do you want her to move on from Phil?
    or spend the rest of her life with hatred of Phil eating away at her?

It can't be both:D

I want them to have closure around march time in the week of the anniversary. Maybe she might forgive him. Then they can be friends over the year and when the truth about dennis comes out probably this xmas around may 2014 theres a build up to ben coming back in aug and shirley gets killed off that xmas
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    I want them to have closure around march time in the week of the anniversary. Maybe she might forgive him. Then they can be friends over the year and when the truth about dennis comes out probably this xmas around may 2014 theres a build up to ben coming back in aug and shirley gets killed off that xmas

Are we sure that Ben is coming back? I thought Joshua had been fired so it would have to be a head swap.
    Forum Member
    Are we sure that Ben is coming back? I thought Joshua had been fired so it would have to be a head swap.

They gave him 4 years so he could be out in 2 or 3. Might be a recast
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sooner this storyline is over the better.
    Forum Member
    im positive this story will end in week 12. heather anniversary week (week beginning 18th march)

week 8 - phil does his best to stop lola seeing lexi and lola bangs the door down
    week 9/10 - jack and sharon split ?
    week 11-lola kidnaps lexi/phil & sharon kiss

im still not convinced phil wont give up lexi to impress sharon, he might decide to help lola get her afterall.

im hoping since it ends in week 12 there will be plenty of references to heathers death and thats the reason for all of this. if it ends in phil/sharon getting together i will be so annoyed it just wont feel right that he gets what he wants the same week one year after he covered up the murder. surely redemption is the proper way to go with things and NOT for sharon.

however if the kiss proves anything its that sharon wants phil so he has no reason to give up lexi for her he wanted BOTH of them. especially more so if sharon has moved in as friends
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im positive this story will end in week 12. heather anniversary week (week beginning 18th march)

week 8 - phil does his best to stop lola seeing lexi and lola bangs the door down
    week 9/10 - jack and sharon split ?
    week 11-lola kidnaps lexi/phil & sharon kiss
    Lets hope so! It has dragged on for far too long!
    im still not convinced phil wont give up lexi to impress sharon, he might decide to help lola get her afterall.
    It would be completely out of character for Phil to give up his grand-child to impress a woman!
    Phil can sometimes be capable of showing emotions so maybe he'll come to the realisation Lexi's better off without him?
    im hoping since it ends in week 12 there will be plenty of references to heathers death and thats the reason for all of this. if it ends in phil/sharon getting together i will be so annoyed it just wont feel right that he gets what he wants the same week one year after he covered up the murder. surely redemption is the proper way to go with things and NOT for sharon.
    There's no redeeming Phil Mitchell! Its not the first time he's hurt someone and got away with it and I'm sure it won't the last. His punishment as always is ruining the relationships with his kids.
    however if the kiss proves anything its that sharon wants phil so he has no reason to give up lexi for her he wanted BOTH of them. especially more so if sharon has moved in as friends

Again, don't see why it must be Sharon or Lexi? The sooner Lola gets her baby back, the better and as for Sharon/Phil, I'm not too keen but they'll be 100% better than Sharon/Jack :sleep: He's so dull its unreal :sleep:
    Forum Member
    if phil gives up lexi without fighting for her and he gets with sharon soon after ill take that as he did it to impress her. no way would he give her up

its the same week as heathers murder. its only fitting that she gets a few references. ive seen loads of people saying how cold and bitter phil has been in the last few months.

phil said he wanted BOTH sharon and lexi. i want to see him get both. i think he will since the kiss happens but then lose them,

im sure he'll be with sharon eventually
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where has it been said he would give Lexi up for Sharon?

I don't think Sharon would ever ask that of him other then for him to see she is better off with Lola.

Phil isn't a redemption sort of character he will do things that suit him and keep him and his own out of trouble.

His guilt is probably more to do with his failure and loss of Ben then Heather.
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Where has it been said he would give Lexi up for Sharon?

I don't think Sharon would ever ask that of him other then for him to see she is better off with Lola.

Phil isn't a redemption sort of character he will do things that suit him and keep him and his own out of trouble.

His guilt is probably more to do with his failure and loss of Ben then Heather.

sharon wouldnt ask him to do that but if sharon isnt sure about being with phil after the kiss he knows that if he helps lola then itll impress sharon and she'll see that hes a good guy really

wont he need redemption if hes gonna be with sharon later hes supposed to be the good guy she fell for? but i just dont want him to do that with lexi. its got to be the pill s/l not lexi.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharon wouldnt ask him to do that but if sharon isnt sure about being with phil after the kiss he knows that if he helps lola then itll impress sharon and she'll see that hes a good guy really

wont he need redemption if hes gonna be with sharon later hes supposed to be the good guy she fell for?

Its not about impressing anyone its about doing the right thing and giving Lexi back to Lola as her mother and helping and supporting her not looking down at her or hoarding the child for his own reasons, I can only seeing Sharon being a voice of reason she not actually asking him to give the baby up for her but to do the right thing for Lexi and Lola.

Redemption is about going on a journey learning from your past and your actions and becoming a better person and redeeming yourself this I don't think is in Phil's character but its possible he will finally find some truth a sort of epiphany and be honest with Sharon about Dennis but its just not in his nature to be completely good.
    Forum Member
    Its not about impressing anyone its about doing the right thing and giving Lexi back to Lola as her mother and helping and supporting her not looking down at her or hoarding the child for his own reasons, I can only seeing Sharon being a voice of reason she not actually asking to give the baby up for but to do the right thing for Lexi and Lola.

in phils mind hed be doing that cos sharon is telling him to do it. if it happens i will be furious he needs to lose lexi and not through choice

sharon has been telling phil to let lola see lexi and he has been so reluctant. i hope that means he will be reluctant to give lexi back to lola just cos sharon has told him to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really understand what she or he would gain out of that development, Sharon doing the right thing is wrong in you're opinion?
    Forum Member
    I don't really understand what she or he would gain out of that development, Sharon doing the right thing is wrong in you're opinion?

im sure she would tell phil to do that but i dont want him to do anything just cos she said it. i want him to lose lexi in a battle with lola at he court and then be on his knees. he needs to have a breakdown and i think heathers anniversary week is the perfect chance to do it

he has manipulated everything to get what he wants in lexi and sharon. i just think the story would be absolutely ridiculous and even worse than it was to end in "Oh phil lola should have lexi give her back " "Ok i understand ill give her back" :rolleyes: (at the writers if it happens like that)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it matters who does, the storyline just needs to be over as its dragged on for too long, I agree I would love Lola too be triumph over Phil and for her to show she is her mother but for him to loose Lexi completely is just pointless plot line to me they need to show some growth in his character by realizing Lexi isn't a replacement child that she his family and that there is plenty of space in her life for everyone.

The way the things are going with Sharon a breakdown would be the last thing to happen to be honest, yes he might loose custody of his grandchild but then he would gain what his always wanted Sharon.
    Forum Member
    I don't think it matters who does, the storyline just needs to be over as its dragged on for too long, I agree I would love Lola too be triumph over Phil and for her to show she is her mother but for him to loose Lexi completely is just pointless plot line to me they need to show some growth in his character by realizing Lexi isn't a replacement child that she his family and that there is plenty of space in her life for everyone.

The way the things are going with Sharon a breakdown would be the last thing to happen to be honest, yes he might loose custody of his grandchild but then he would gain what his always wanted Sharon.

and why should he get sharon after everything hes done :rolleyes: why do we want to see him happy ?? i certainly dont want him to get sharon in the week he covered up heathers murder. that would be the worst week for it to happen at all.

it will be a mini breakdown him on his knees. realizing what hes lost and accepting it. then they can get together post april
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I don't even like the character of Phil so could careless if he gets either but I think your going to be disappointed either way as I don't think it gonna go how you want it, if there is any possibility of him having a breakdown or loosing anything it will be when his gained something his always wanted which is Sharon.

Only when that happens and they progress to something like marriage and he truly feels happy only then do I see any kind of downfall which is probably were the Dennis thing will come into play obviously just speculation on my part but that is the sort of presumed storyline could it happen.