Options

Bit worried after waking this morning with breathing trouble..

Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi...

I woke this morning feeling i was chocking,
Quite startled I got up out of bed, but still seemed to have a lot of trouble breathing and an odd taste in my mouth...

I was a bit panicked at this stage and woke my GF up,, she made me use her inhaler, which after a minute or 2 seemed to settled me down..

I'm soon off to bed again and its worrying me this might happen again,,

My gf told me sometimes she had noticed I actually stop breathing when I am asleep..

Does anyone think this is something I should be concerned about?

Not sure if to bother my GP, I don't want to appear stupid...

Thanks..

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would go see your gp, if anything to put your mind at ease. Sounds like theres something going on thats not right, the fact you actually stop breathing is cause for concern. Hope you don't have it happen again to you, and if you do then go see your gp as soon as you can. Take care and I know its easy for me to say but try not to worry to much, and try and get a good nights sleep!
  • Options
    urbancoyoteurbancoyote Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Could be sleep apnoea. Best see your doc anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    This happened to me a few times, it happened one morning and fortunately my partner was there and he called an ambulance because nothing was stopping it. I was admitted to hospital for 4 days on nebulisers 4 times a day and was diagnosed with asthma. It's better to go doctors and it be nothing than not get checked out and it end up like mine did. Good luck
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't rely on any diagnosis on this site. Members have no way of examining you, so are liable to come up with a whole host of ailments from a cough to TB.

GO TO YOUR DOCTOR is the only sensible advice you will get.

And NEVER use medicines prescribed for someone else - e.g. your girlfriends inhaler. It can cause you more harm than good.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah I wouldn't waste your doctor's time with something as trivial as this. Breathing isn't all that important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always got to be a troll hasn't there?
    Cancer isn't something you should ever joke about, its a very dreadful disease..

Well touch wood I have been feeling fine for the last few days, slept very well etc..

Thank you for the good advice people have given..

Hopefully it was a one off, see how I go from now on, if it happens again, I think it will be best to get to DR ASAP..
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,649
    Forum Member
    Definitely see your doctor.
  • Options
    Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes well worth seeing the doctor, they will take it seriously. My son and husband were really taken aback to be diagnosed with whooping cough last week! Difficult for them to get their breath amongst coughing and other things. It could be that you suffer with sleep apnea, or are prone to asthma. There have been such extremes in weather lately, people are experiencing fairly sudden and severe bouts of hayfever and rhinitis all of which could affect your breathing.
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be something simple as acid reflux. The bile coming into your throat would give you the strange taste in your mouth and could also make you choke. I get this from time to time and its quite scary especially if it gets into your lungs and makes you wheeze. However, as fm's have said on this thread, none of us can diagnose you on a forum. You would be wise to see a doctor, especially if your breathing is affected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be sleep apnoea. Best see your doc anyway.

Could be. It's happened to me a few times. I'm also told I sometimes stop breathing in my sleep.

It doesn't bother me tbh, it rarely happens.

Obviously get it checked out if you are worried.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for all the good advice...

Touch wood I have been fine since that incident last week..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes get this and I have found that it is related to anxiety.