Options

John Paul and Katy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone think that TPTB at H'Oaks Headquarters have paired up Katy and JP in order to make Katy more popular? Maybe they hope that people's love of JP will extend to Katy if they are constantly on screen together...

Personally I think it's a sh*t idea if it's true, I still bloody hate her!

Comments

• Options
    Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    Even though Jess is a fine one to talk when she said "Her voice grates on me" about Katy, I couldn't have agreed more. That one line made me like Jess.
  • Options
    Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and its not working.

I also loved it when Jess said that!
  • Options
    156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pairing up of them has worked better than I thought it would, but they could still replace Katy with a block of wood and no one would notice
  • Options
    Anti StaticAnti Static Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, now that Justin has saved her from the leaky boiler (cretin!) that will allow them to get back together again and she'll leave JP alone. I'm quite liking JP and Summer together, though JP really does need some lad mates around him. It's a glaring omission and an obvious reason why Spike should still be on the scene.
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, now that Justin has saved her from the leaky boiler (cretin!) that will allow them to get back together again and she'll leave JP alone. I'm quite liking JP and Summer together, though JP really does need some lad mates around him. It's a glaring omission and an obvious reason why Spike should still be on the scene.

Couldn't have put it better!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her attempts at "****-haggery" are woeful, also it just seems really forced! They never showed any interest in each other before, and suddenly they're best buds? Yeah right!

Not too keen on Summer either though I'm afraid, it always strikes as me as ridiculous that all these poshies would study at HCC. Also, as if anyone would travel half-way across the country to study at a poxy community college, it's not worth it!
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the Spike bit, I miss him :cry: I think that's the writers' idea with Ka'y, that once she's with Justin, she won't spend so much time with JP anymore and he'll have to move on, finally.
  • Options
    da33431da33431 Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Her attempts at "****-haggery" are woeful, also it just seems really forced! They never showed any interest in each other before, and suddenly they're best buds? Yeah right!

Not too keen on Summer either though I'm afraid, it always strikes as me as ridiculous that all these poshies would study at HCC. Also, as if anyone would travel half-way across the country to study at a poxy community college, it's not worth it!

Very true!!! :D
  • Options
    nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Yes JP does need some lads and not 'gay' as such but just lad friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe they could have some other gay guys in it that he hangs around with but *shock horror* doesn't fancy or sleep with, as does occasionally happen in real life!

Why in soaps are there only ever two gay characters around at one time, and they HAVE to find each other attractive and shag?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Or maybe they could have some other gay guys in it that he hangs around with but *shock horror* doesn't fancy or sleep with, as does occasionally happen in real life!

Why in soaps are there only ever two gay characters around at one time, and they HAVE to find each other attractive and shag?!

Well said! It's like girls who have male friends and don't fancy them. Mind you, loads of straight guys are convinced that gays are all out to bed them - they just don't get that we fancy some guys, not others!!
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Squaggly wrote: »
    Well said! It's like girls who have male friends and don't fancy them. Mind you, loads of straight guys are convinced that gays are all out to bed them - they just don't get that we fancy some guys, not others!!

I take it you haven't met Mikey then?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird how as soon as they got together as friends, her character became a bit of a judgemental bitch, and JP has become a bit more camp, and even slightly childish.

I'm hoping JP becomes closer to the likes of Kris, Elliot (when he returns) and even Zac. The scenes between him, Russ and Max in the SU were good the other week as well.

And yes, Spike should definatley return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Max would be a good friend to JP, shame they've never had much time together.

Seems funny to me that Steph hasn't said much, if anything, about Craig & Dublin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    To be honest it beats me why jp is popular anyway it must just be cos hes gay cause when you actually think about it
    the charachter has no redeeming features whatsover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    friggy98 wrote: »
    To be honest it beats me why jp is popular anyway it must just be cos hes gay cause when you actually think about it

IDIOT. Why bother "contributing" that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Squaggly wrote: »
    IDIOT. Why bother "contributing" that?
    Why am i an idiot just because i dont share your view of the charachter sorry i didnt realise this was another John Paul love in thread i just think a nice girl like Katy should choose her freinds more carefully thats all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway I do think the idea was to help get Katy popular by riding on JP's popularity, it hasn't worked by the looks of it just made people hate Katy more. I don't think it's that bad really, it combines Katy's awful acting and personality with JP's good acting and lack of personality and almost creates a passable character.
    I much prefer the JP Summer relationship.
    But Katy has to have friends at HCC or she'd hardly ever appear and we wouldn't want that... Oh wait
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    friggy98 wrote: »

I think your first point is rubbish but kind of agree about the no redeeming features comment, I wouldn't have agreed a few months ago but after treating Sarah so shabbily and being mean to the lovely Myra lately :( I think that we have seen a very selfish side to JP.

However, I generally think the character of JP is a plot-driven one, lurching from one exciting storyline to the next, whereas the characters I truly love, like Darren, have a defined personality and very few storylines. It seems you either have little personality and loads of drama, or no storylines and a developed character in soap (or neither, like poor old Gus form Eastenders :D)
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But then, nobody's perfect, we all have our selfish moments and think our problems are the biggest. I think that's normal and it's good that we see JP is not a cardboard cutout character, but has his flaws, too.