Options

Finally got my SKY HD offer through complaining

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
Forum Member
With this new £79 all in offer that is going at the moment I decided to go for it but as I have had HD about 12 months ago (although it was bought from ebay and delf instaslled) I could not have the offer.

Well after emailing sky with a hefty complaint, a very nice woman from sky called me back and sounded like she had authority.

she basically said that because I had never had a HD box through them that she will override the system so that I can have the offer inc the £9.75 credit for the 1st subscription, (which I believe is an internet offer)

Now starting to cheer up I said I was still angry about how much messing about I have needed to do inc lots of phone calls to be only be told I cannot have the offer

She pauses and then says she will do the whole job new box + installation £49 all in, still keeping the £9.75 credit also which will come to 39.25 in total for a brand new HD box and, warrenty and installation all for £40 can't be bad.

I took the offer and am now waiting to hear back so she can get me an installation date.

:):):):)

Comments

• Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    Hi diddy,

So what's your story here? Is it that you have an HD box, but sourced it yourself, and so you were fighting for this box at the new subsidised price?

If so, that's quite similar to my situation, and I too was hoping I might be able to get a box from them for £49.
  • Options
    BradPBradP Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    As a little side issue here, i thought i'd mention that as someone who already had multi-room i would have had to pay £30 installation for basically someone to come in and pair my new HD box to a card.
    Anyway after a little whinge by way of an email via Sky's site that have given me a £30 credit so as to offset the cost of installation.
    So now i just have to pay the cost of the box. Pretty damn happy with that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    BradP wrote: »
    As a little side issue here, i thought i'd mention that as someone who already had multi-room i would have had to pay £30 installation for basically someone to come in and pair my new HD box to a card.
    Anyway after a little whinge by way of an email via Sky's site that have given me a £30 credit so as to offset the cost of installation.
    So now i just have to pay the cost of the box. Pretty damn happy with that.

If you have multiroom then the install is free anyway.
  • Options
    BradPBradP Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    That's not quite true i'm afraid. If you already have multi-room then you have to pay the £30. If you take multi-room up when you apply for the Sky+HD then it's free. This was my point, in that as i already had multi-room it was a bit of a con that they would try and charge me £30 when someone actually having multiroom installed as well would get it free!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BradP wrote: »
    That's not quite true i'm afraid. If you already have multi-room then you have to pay the £30. If you take multi-room up when you apply for the Sky+HD then it's free. This was my point, in that as i already had multi-room it was a bit of a con that they would try and charge me £30 when someone actually having multiroom installed as well would get it free!

As an existing multiroom customer I registered online and was quoted the £30 install , I emailed Sky who rang me back and offered the £30 credit on my account
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    As an existing multiroom customer I registered online and was quoted the £30 install , I emailed Sky who rang me back and offered the £30 credit on my account

I too already had multi-room (2xSky+)but I thought £30 wasn't too bad, considering it was £60 normally.

The engineer came round today and installed the box, checked all the wiring and then replaced the dish and LNB, so for £30 it's not bad at all.

I was really happy with £79.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Hi diddy,

So what's your story here? Is it that you have an HD box, but sourced it yourself, and so you were fighting for this box at the new subsidised price?

If so, that's quite similar to my situation, and I too was hoping I might be able to get a box from them for £49.

yer bought a box off ebay 2 years ago. Sold it over a year ago now but was told I could not have the offer due to doing this.