Options

My Violent Child - Channel 5

Comments

• Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think he's a danger though. So thankful my children are a walk in the park compared to this lot, we have a pretty harmonious family life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    user986 wrote: »
    I disagree with that woman who's making feel Toby's father almost responsible for his son's aggressive behaviour. He works the whole day and then he has to deal with this circus at home? What does she expect him to do? Quit his job so he can amuse his very spoiled kid? I'd start by taking away from him all what he likes so that would teach him a lesson.

Yes I thought that was pretty unfair. My children's dad is a workaholic and often isn't around but my children take it in their stride.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    usual wishy washy middle class liberal do good social worker

whats he supposed to do?

go on the dole?

Not go on the dole, but she is right being a father is about more than bringing the money on.

Anyway, the look on his face when the penny dropped about his kids just needing him around was interesting, and quite touching.
  • Options
    user986user986 Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Still think he's a danger though. So thankful my children are a walk in the park compared to this lot, we have a pretty harmonious family life.

If you mean Marcel, I have to say that he scares me and I am only watching the show. I really don't know how his mum sleeps under the same roof. He is creepy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweet Lord, even the horse is scared of Marcel.....
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they seriously give that violent kid a HAMMER?! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean Marcel, I have to say that he scares me and I am only watching the show. I really don't know how his mum sleeps under the same roof. He is creepy.

Yes I did. The woman with the horse said he uses humour to keep people away, I think violence is doing a good enough job of that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That programmes completely depressed me, I won't be tuning in next week to see the next violent little tyke!
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm ..... I'm still very sceptical about this lad, but then cynic is my middle name. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The preview for the next episode is even more worrying. :(
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I disagree with that woman who's making feel Toby's father almost responsible for his son's aggressive behaviour. He works the whole day and then he has to deal with this circus at home? What does she expect him to do? Quit his job so he can amuse his very spoiled kid? I'd start by taking away from him all what he likes so that would teach him a lesson.

I agree. .my husband of 25 years has worked away weekly for the last 14 years. .we have 3 boys. .the eldest is 20..I've been through my fair share of ups and downs with them through the week and had to deal with it..at the end of the day you are the parent and they are the child . you still need money to live..even if that means working away...but I do thank my lucky stars none of mine have been violent. .that was upsetting to see tonight. .the mums still love their children
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The preview for the next episode is even more worrying. :(

Absolutely, which is why I'll be giving it a miss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, more freaks on C4 at 10pm,, this time it's them crazee cow-pokes down at the bipolar saloon

C4 and 5 must be running out of personality disorders to make fly-on-the-wall mockumentaries on.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do these parents put up with it for so long?
    Has a murder got to take place before it's resolved?
    I could not live like that
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Hey, more freaks on C4 at 10pm,, this time it's them crazee cow-pokes down at the bipolar saloon

C4 and 5 must be running out of personality disorders to make fly-on-the-wall mockumentaries on.

Calling bipolar people freaks is pretty low.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Interesting that with both these kids the solutions put forward was about less confrontation - hugs and hands palm outwards. That a calmer approach by the parent immediately calms the situation down.

I know a number of ASD kids - autism affects them in similar but also different ways. Not all autistic kids are the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D it seems nowadays everyone and his dog has bipolar. Years ago it was called manic depression and the only people who had it were comedians, Peter sellers, Spike Milligan and Tony Hancock spring to mind.
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    That kid needs serious help.
    Indeed. but help of the chastisement kind not of the give it an acronym of some sort and mollycoddle him kind until he eventually grows out of it or decides to dish it out to his girlfriend or wife .................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it too. That Marcel was just horrible. Serial killer in the making.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching this on +1. That boy Marcel is very scary, I feel so sorry for his mum. But i simply cannot help but find myself wondering just when he discovered it was acceptable behaviour to speak with such obscenity to his mother and get away with it? Surely that should be a given that such behaviour will not be tolerated from a young age :confused:
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    So they think taking Psycho Junior to martial arts classes is a good idea? What next? Buy him an AK 47 for Christmas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    So they think taking Psycho Junior to martial arts classes is a good idea? What next? Buy him an AK 47 for Christmas?

It's mum who needs martial arts classes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »

I thought something similar. Surely martial arts with that anger is not a good mix.
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    The martial arts teacher was teaching them defense not how to attack or fight - he stated this in the program. The mum took him (and the other older child) as martial arts are supposed to be good at helping with discipline and she thought him doing something physical would also help calm him down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought something similar. Surely martial arts with that anger is not a good mix.

Perhaps they think it is an outlet for his anger, In a disciplined and managed way, and will also give him confidence.