IS members hang, beat and electrocute 14-year old boy for 2 days

Comments

• Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An army composed entirely of functioning psychopaths would have great difficulty in maintaining order.

Sadly, history has proved that even previously decent people will cheerfully perform the sickest of atrocities if they truly believe that they are going up to Paradise to meet that sadistic/childish psychopath in the sky.

Look at the Catholic Church over the blood- soaked millennia for example.

But that's organised religion for you - and radical Islam is the worst of the lot.
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article and the thread title are both wrong, he wasn't electrocuted.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile Iranian militia allied with Iraqi soldiers execute 9 year-old boy:

http://www.voanews.com/content/video-claims-to-show-shia-forces-in-iraq-executing-sunni-boy/2667978.html

Are you only posting that to 'balance out' coverage for Sunni ISIS? You don't give a toss about any children really; you only care about bitching about non-Muslims, e.g. your toxic rants against 'Buddhist terrorists' and 'Hindu terrorists'.

#hypocrisy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you only posting that to 'balance out' coverage for Sunni ISIS? You don't give a toss about any children really; you only care about bitching about non-Muslims, e.g. your toxic rants against 'Buddhist terrorists' and 'Hindu terrorists'.

#hypocrisy

Well said - their agenda is painfully obvious.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Isis make me sick, we as in western society really need to act soon.

Because if we don't, WW3 is inevitable and that will be the end of life on planet Earth as we know it.
  • My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    No they're just psychopaths craving power. It's got f-all to do with their religion. That is just the excuse to put people down.

It's all about power. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sexual perverts the lot of them, the things they do to the women they kidnap from places they invade is too terrible to repeat
    That they do it to kids too doesn't surprise me one bit
    They top a long list of people I'd like to see wiped off the face of the planet.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile Iranian militia allied with Iraqi soldiers execute 9 year-old boy:

http://www.voanews.com/content/video-claims-to-show-shia-forces-in-iraq-executing-sunni-boy/2667978.html

Ah, top trumps Middle Eastern style. How very whatabouterist.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    Ah, top trumps Middle Eastern style. How very whatabouterist.

Yeah, an attempt at deflecting attention from extreme Sunni child torture by focussing on Shia wrong doing so not only is it in poor taste, it's also a display of intra-faith sectarianism which in itself is a deeply unpleasant phenomenon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, an attempt at deflecting attention from extreme Sunni child torture by focussing on Shia wrong doing so not only is it in poor taste, it's also a display of intra-faith sectarianism which in itself is a deeply unpleasant phenomenon.

Muslims slaughtering other Muslims - surely that has never happened before?

Or in any other organised religion for that matter.

I will have to check the history books far more closely in future.
  • I, CandyI, Candy Posts: 3,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All these people calling IS a bunch of psychopaths are deluding themselves. A psychopath is someone who has no concept of right or wrong. IS are a group of religious fundamentalists who believe what they are doing is justified by their holy book.
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Some are more disgusting than others. Most of us can discriminate. The clues are out there.

When it comes to torturing civilians and locking them up somewhere without trial I don't make a distinction based on whether it's a "nice" Western country doing it or a violent terrorist group. Torture is torture it is equally hideous no matter what the aim behind it or the people doing it.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    When it comes to torturing civilians and locking them up somewhere without trial I don't make a distinction based on whether it's a "nice" Western country doing it or a violent terrorist group. Torture is torture it is equally hideous no matter what the aim behind it or the people doing it.

Yes, I know you don't. You lack discrimination in both degree and intent. I already got this.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I, Candy wrote: »
    All these people calling IS a bunch of psychopaths are deluding themselves. A psychopath is someone who has no concept of right or wrong. IS are a group of religious fundamentalists who believe what they are doing is justified by their holy book.

Maybe you mean psychotics? Psychopaths know what they are doing.
  • pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Isis make me sick, we as in western society really need to act soon.

We should stay out of it. Some muslims get very upset about perceived attacks on their "brothers".

Like the Lee Rigby killer said after his murderous act
    "If you find yourself curious as to why carnage is reaching your towns then know it is simply retaliation for your oppression in our towns."

Intervening in Syria is just what IS want.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32957619

It is hard to fathom the psychology behind things like this. Are the people doing this regular folks who have willingly joined up to this organisation with the hope of bettering society according to the scriptures they follow/believe in? Are they indoctrinated by persuasive people into believing that torturing children is acceptable as part of their noble cause? Or is it possible these people have been on the receiving end of the same treatment in the past (like how child-abusers are most usually formerly abused children themselves)?

Is that really true?
    Forum Member
    MrQuike wrote: »
    Yes, I know you don't. You lack discrimination in both degree and intent. I already got this.

So torturing innocent civilians is fine as long as it's not "too much" torture, or you have a good reason for it, "The Greater Good" perhaps? Do you have any idea how much terror and suffering has resulted across the world because someone decided they were going to do a bad thing for the greater good?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So torturing innocent civilians is fine as long as it's not "too much" torture, or you have a good reason for it, "The Greater Good" perhaps? Do you have any idea how much terror and suffering has resulted across the world because someone decided they were going to do a bad thing for the greater good?
    Well, if IS have made what they do legal then we shouldn't be doing anything about it.

I think thats how the argument went?
    Forum Member
    pianoforte wrote: »
    Like the Lee Rigby killer said after his murderous act
    "If you find yourself curious as to why carnage is reaching your towns then know it is simply retaliation for your oppression in our towns."

It is seen as a tit for tat exchange. We kill one of their people, they stab one of ours outside his barracks. Do we want to keep going round on that circle until of side is exterminated and the other side is nearly exterminated or do we try finding another way out. I've said it a few times before I think the best thing we could do is put the word out that we're open to negotiating a peace with these groups. In exchange for us not killing their people, we would expect that they not kill ours. We'd need to reach an agreement with the most powerful groups, the ones who have the power and influence to ensure that all on their side keep to that deal. The "not negotiating with terrorists" is a line that I think has been taken out of context as it simply refers to not financially rewarding acts of terror. If there's any chance of a lasting peace I think we need to look at it even if that means a dialogue with people we don't like.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    It is seen as a tit for tat exchange. We kill one of their people, they stab one of ours outside his barracks. Do we want to keep going round on that circle until of side is exterminated and the other side is nearly exterminated or do we try finding another way out. I've said it a few times before I think the best thing we could do is put the word out that we're open to negotiating a peace with these groups. In exchange for us not killing their people, we would expect that they not kill ours. We'd need to reach an agreement with the most powerful groups, the ones who have the power and influence to ensure that all on their side keep to that deal. The "not negotiating with terrorists" is a line that I think has been taken out of context as it simply refers to not financially rewarding acts of terror. If there's any chance of a lasting peace I think we need to look at it even if that means a dialogue with people we don't like.

As seen by Hamas an attempt at peace doesn't work, all it is used for is restock and rearm it's arsenal.

If we appease Islamic State by allowing them to keep the occupied parts of Iraq and Syria then it redraws borders through terrorism.

Islamic terrorists are not interested in peace with infidels as the ideology is about conqerering and forcefully converting masses to Islam.

It's time the likes of Saudi, Jordan, UAE showed some actual conviction and committed ground troops to sort out their regional problems.
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member

Negotiate with IS ? :D:D:D

Are you a descendant of Chamberlain ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is exactly what I'm on about. You lack good judgement.

Where will you run to when the bad guys turn up thanks to a lack of investment in security.

It's a long paddle across the North Atlantic.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article and the thread title are both wrong, he wasn't electrocuted.

According to the BBC article, he was.
    "They started lashing me, electrocuting me in order to confess. I told them everything".
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *technically* electrocution is a term to denote executing someone using electricity. However it has now become a term used to denote death or injury caused by electricity whether intentional or accidental.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "When they electrocuted me, I used to scream calling for my mother," he said. "But as soon as I did, [one of the torturers] used to up the voltage even more. 'Don't bring your mother in it,' he used to say."

If someone posts that the article is wrong and the boy wasn't electrocuted they should at least provide some evidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    *technically* electrocution is a term to denote executing someone using electricity. However it has now become a term used to denote death or injury caused by electricity whether intentional or accidental.

One can be electrocuted and just suffer harm. One can use the word execute without it involving the termination of life.