Comments

• Options
    ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I really don't think the ratings are anything to shout about at all.

In Australia they have started on the downward spiral into summer over there. Even worse they are down by around 100,000 on this time last year.

The writing team are still making the same mistakes and churning out more drivel than good stuff.

I'm afraid until there is a complete clean out of the producers it isn't going to get any better.
  • Options
    Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours has hit another high as it claimed its highest ratings in the UK on Wednesday 20th October 2010 with the aftermath of Who Pushed Paul?. This is the official figure :

1.66 million viewers.

This is the highest rating since Monday 1st March 2010 which the official figure for this episode was :

1.68 million viewers.

The synopsis for this episode was :

News reaches home that Lucas has been in an accident. Libby, Steph, Karl and Toadie race to his bedside to learn that he has suffered spinal injuries. It’s a tense wait to find out how serious they might be. The authorities reveal he was speeding and running from the police when he crashed. Libby and Toadie are dismayed by Lucas’ recklessness but Steph feels responsible and leaves the hospital, unable to handle her guilt. When Lucas wakes up and asks for Steph, Libby tries to get her back to the hospital, but Steph refuses. It’s only when Lyn takes Steph to church that Steph feels ready to face Lucas. But has she left it too late?

Well Done Neighbours!

Glad to see its doing better than in Australia at the moment after seeing its terrible ratings.
  • Options
    sinkingradiosinkingradio Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Neighbours is having a particular ratings boost, its ratings, if you look on the barb website are pretty consistent year on year, with a slight drop during the summer months, like with all soaps. For any show on Channel 5 to get above a million viewers is considered good, and when you think that combined episodes of lunch time and evening give it around 2million a day, thats pretty good going. Yeah its loads down on when it was on the beeb, but its still a solid number and it manages to keep above a million 99% of the time.

Its amazing that Neighbours does as well as it does when you compare it to the likes of HO, show which has a bigger budget, is on a bigger channel and isn't wrapped up in censorship.

If Neighbours can keep successful ratings here in the UK with Subo in charge, imagine how well it could do with someone who really understands the ethos of the show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Neighbours received 1.51m yesterday which is likely to rise. On this day last year, the official BARB rating was 1.50m which included recordings and time delays.

Neighbours is doing well at the moment in the UK. We will never realisitically see 20m+ viewers watching again, but the combined total viewers each day is creeping towards 3m again.

There are several major, groundbreaking storylines coming up soon so hopefully Neighbours will see the number of viewers rise even further. Alan Fletcher is also in the UK at the start of December which I believe will coincide with UK viewer seeing the kidnap storyline and the court case. This does bode well for Neighbours!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours should be receiving around close to 2 million, didn't it get around that much months after been on air on Channel 5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Yes for around a month the evening showing took 2.5-2.7m. This decreased though to around 2m, and then to 1.5-2m. I think in the right circumstances, the ratings can break the 2m barrier again. The new owner of Channel 5 seems quite keen on boosting the profile of the channel, and with a programme as steeped in television history as Neighbours, he would be stupid to ignore its huge potential as one of the main soaps.
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    Neighbours is moving to a digital Channel ELEVEN in Australia

After the Xmas break it is restarting on a TUESDAY Jan 11th 2011

Hope FIVE will miss a day out when we catch up so that the weeks match up so you see a Friday episode on a Friday

Confirmed in Australia but after Xmas it is staying on TEN from
    Monday 3 January

so after 6 episodes it will switch to ELEVEN

There will be no effect in the UK
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    A dilemma for bosses on both sides of the World.

Neighbours does fantastic for Five, helping its daytime share stay reasonable. 1.5 million watching at 5.30 then half an hour later only 300,000 watch Five

In Oz, the ratings are their lowest and moving it to Eleven wont help. Multichannel in Oz isnt particulary popular, the best audience for multichannel being about 300,000. Neighbours, i would imagine, will rate between 150-350,000

The big dilemma, will Five still want to pay megabucks for essentially an Australian multichannel soap, whereas in Oz they'll be banking on Fives investment and popularity here for it to continue. I think if Five decide not to renew the contract, or for a considerable less amount then last time the show will be gone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys!

Thought I would bring this thread up again as just noticed on the OFFICIAL BARB Ratings that Neighbours has received its highest viewing figures in a VERY LONG TIME.

On the Friday 2nd December 2011, the Offiicial Rating was:

1.49 millon viewers.

Episode Synopsis:

Kate realises the present was neither from Noah nor for her - and discovers her mistake has led the teenager to believe she is definitely in love with him. Rhys tries to ensure his housemates do not bother him while he entertains Martin, and Callum reluctantly starts work as a paperboy

The last time Neighbours hit higher than this was Wednesday 16th February 2011. The Official Rating was:

1.55 million viewers.

Episode Synopsis:

Frustrated and hurt by Rebecca's constant rejection, Paul gives Lyn a choice - either help to win his wife back or face the consequences of her guilty secret being revealed.

Well Done Neighbours!

I think this is reflected in the storylines at the moment and is definitely keeping me interested. As we approach winter, we could experience higher ratings. Watch this space.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Neighbours has been consistently good for fifteen months now...so I am not surprised at the ratings rise. Every episode, both characters and stories, move forward. There are no filler episodes with Neighbours.

I will say this, I think Neighbours benefits from the dark evenings.

Neighbours is my favourite show and the only soap I am watching now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scoobyh1 wrote: »
    I think this is reflected in the storylines at the moment and is definitely keeping me interested. As we approach winter, we could experience higher ratings. Watch this space.

As Neighbours is going on a month hiatus, I think not. ;)

That's such a random episode to have high ratings on.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PeteIsGod wrote: »
    As Neighbours is going on a month hiatus, I think not. ;)

That's such a random episode to have high ratings on.

Neighbours is taking a three week break in the UK...returning on January 9th, 2012 which I don't mind at all. It means I won't miss any eps over the Christmas period.

Neighbours takes a month off in Australia over Christmas. Given that and the UK's three week break, the UK will be 7 weeks behind Australia when it returns in 2012...but we will gradually catch up a little bit during the year.
  • Options
    gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Neighbours is taking a three week break in the UK...returning on January 9th, 2012 which I don't mind at all. It means I won't miss any eps over the Christmas period.

Neighbours takes a month off in Australia over Christmas. Given that and the UK's three week break, the UK will be 7 weeks behind Australia when it returns in 2012...but we will gradually catch up a little bit during the year.

The UK will be 4 week (20 episodes) behind after Christmas, which is the same as the UK are currently at. Australia also take a 4 week break return on January 9th and UK return on January 16th.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Considering Neighbours appears to be having quite high viewing figures at the moment I think it'll be quite interesting to see what happens when the new producer takes over and starts to put his mark on the show!
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Neighbours did very well yesterday, can't remember the last time it hit 1.4 at teatime but it's been a while.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    miles19740 wrote: »
    Its been changed to January 16 2012. So, we won't be catching up at all, just staying the same. A 4 week hiatus sucks. 3 weeks would have been a lot better.

The Winter hiatus always has an affect on ratings. They fall again by the time the show returns. C5 better promote the hell out of its return.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been liking the recent storylines at the moment, i'm looking forward to some more good ones.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I'm really pleased that Neighbours' ratings in the UK are on the up. I'm really enjoying the show and it feels to me like they've finally got the balance right between kids, teens and older characters. The new characters coming in look very promising and with a new producer, let's hope Neighbours continues to improve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello people!

Looks like Neighbours is back on the up as I was looking at the recent BARB Official Ratings figures which shows that Neighbours has achieved its best figure for its 5.30pm showing in November since April.

On the 2nd November 2012, the Offiicial Rating was:

1.20 millon viewers.

Episode Synopsis:

Priya is racked with guilt after sleeping with Paul, so she tells him it was a one-off, only for him to persuade her to continue their affair. Sonya refuses Toadie's request to stop working, promising she will have a stress-free day - although having let Callum and Rani go home early it proves to be anything but.

The last time Neighbours hit this was 11th April 2012. The Official Rating was:

1.20 million viewers.

Episode Synopsis:

Summer sets out to prove herself to Paul by using her online media skills to boost sales of the newspaper - even though he strongly disapproves of her methods. Chris tries to help Lucas move on from his feelings of betrayal by keeping him company on a night out, while Andrew struggles to help Red Cotton record an album.

So that's almost 7 months since it hit this figure.
    Well Done Neighbours!

Lets hope we see more figures topping this in the coming weeks as we head into those winter days. I just hope there isn't a long Christmas break like there was last year, the year before that was short as it went off air just a few days before Christmas Day.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    My god that episode in April sounded horrendous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done Neighbours!
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    It struggled abit over the Summer dropping below the 1mill mark but seems to have recovered
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the forum users on www.neighboursfans.com/ seems to be positive about Neighbours these days.

Seriously, you plug this website in every Neighbours thread, going to absurd lengths to find a way to bring it into conversations! Please, stop using discussion threads to advertise. It is annoying!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys!

Neighbours has achieved its BEST rating since way back in March 2012 as I was looking at the recent BARB Official Ratings figures which shows that Neighbours has achieved its best figure for its 5.30pm showing on Friday 18th January 2013 since Monday 19th March 2012.

On the 18th January 2013, the Offiicial Rating was:

1.24 millon viewers.

Episode Synopsis:

With Tash finished exams and Summer having quit her job at the Erinsborough News, Karl worries the girls are at a loose end and need a distraction. Carmel comes to the rescue, suggesting they keep busy by volunteering at the Community Christmas Appeal. Unaware of Carmel’s ulterior motive to spend time with him, Karl attends as well. But when Summer starts suspecting Carmel’s interested in Karl and he’s innocently fuelling her crush, Summer feels obligated to tell him. Karl dismisses her suspicions, until he tests Summer’s theory by asking Carmel out for lunch.

Still doubting her explanation about Paul, Rani is cold and withdrawn with her mother. Ajay notices Rani’s mood and raises it with Priya but, anxious that he’ll uncover the truth she downplays the situation, putting it down to teenage moodiness. Later, at the Christmas appeal, Ajay can’t resist quizzing his daughter and encourages her to open up. Rani comes perilously close to telling her father what she saw between Priya and Paul, only for her nerve to fail. Thinking he knows what’s worrying her, Ajay assures Rani that, despite some recent communication problems, her parents’ marriage is solid and they’re going to enjoy a wonderful family Christmas. But when Priya seems to overcompensate yet again, Rani’s suspicions remain. Can she really trust her mother?

Focusing on the impending birth of their baby, Toadie refuses Connor’s offer of a stag do. But Connor finds an unlikely ally in Sonya, who thinks Toadie should enjoy some fun now before the baby arrives and consumes their every moment. Together they convince Toadie to have a party, on the strict condition that there be no pranks. Connor swears Toadie has nothing to worry about, but then makes a mysterious phone call. What’s he planning?

The last time Neighbours hit this was 19th March 2012. The Official Rating was:

1.24 million viewers.

Episode Synopsis:

Kate embraces her decision to go travelling with Dominic, planning to spend a last day in Port Douglas before they head off to Vietnam. But then an impassioned email arrives, apparently from Sophie, explaining that the DHS will take her into foster care if she doesn’t come back.
    As Sonya frets over the results of her fertility tests, Toadie plays the wise and supportive partner. But when he finds out that he's the one with the problem, Toadie is totally thrown and, despite Karl’s advice and Sonya’s support, braces himself for difficult times ahead.
    With Kate refusing to come home, Sophie seems to have run out of options. Callum decides to step in, sending an email to Kate on his friend's behalf; however, when Karl seems to confirm her fears that her sister will not be coming home, Sophie decides to pack her bags and run.

So that's over 10 months since it hit this figure.
    Well Done Neighbours!

Thats great news considering its long break after Christmas! I thought people would have forgotten about it! lol.

I think the storylines coming up will definitely keep viewers gripped at the moment with Sonya and Vanessa's births imminent and the climax of the Priya and Paul affair.