"Muslims Against Crusades" burn poppy at 11am...Disgusting

Comments

• kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should just be ignored. Outrage and attention is what they want.
  • MagwashMagwash Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just reading this.

If I posted what I really think of those 'people', I would be banned faster than you could say "Alert"

:mad:
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

They should be hosed down with a water cannon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we live in a democracy.
    Those who have fallen gave their lives so that we live in a free society where dissent even objectionable dissent is allowed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    They are as usual, extreamist nutters who give peaceful muslims a bad name.

If they hate this country so much then for their own sanity, eff off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Recently the police arrested people for buring a Koran in the UK - will the police arrest the popy burners - i wonder .:rolleyes:
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rozafa wrote: »
    Those who have fallen gave their lives so that we live in a free society where dissent even objectionable dissent is allowed.

^this^, really. Ironically, they've illustrated exactly WHY we remember the war dead (from WWI and II, at least).
  • weateallthepiesweateallthepies Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

this^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyG wrote: »
    They are as usual, nuts.

That's what I don't understand. If they're so vehemently against the West then why are they here? Of course we KNOW why they are here: easy life, benefits, all the luxaries and all the whilst spitting on the graves of the past Britons who made this country so great.

Just sick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Oh well never mind!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Burning poppies and shouting about people going to hell are rude and obnoxious imo, but they were kept a long way from the armistice parade and basically allowed to shout away behind barriers. The general principle of demonstrating against wars on armistice day is traditional. If they had adopted a less confrontational style a lot of people would sympathise with them.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with both of these posts.
    I'm glad we live in a society in which even objectionable protests are allowed but I'd rather we didn't encourage them by getting OUTRAGED about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member
    jamcake wrote: »

It's not Muslims against Crusades.
    It's SOME idiotic pathetic Muslims.
    The majority of Muslims don't think like this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    ^this^, really. Ironically, they've illustrated exactly WHY we remember the war dead (from WWI and II, at least).

That doesn't mean we have to sit back and take it.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are as usual, nuts.

I tend to hold that view, if you don't like this country, then don't live here. Wonder how long we would last if we lived in Iraq/Afghanistan and started protesting like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,908
    Forum Member

Take what?
    Vocal demonstrations are allowed.
    Should we also apply this to the EDF?
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I thought we had 'hate crime' in this country now, if so, why weren't these imbeciles arrested?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What, we don't have to allow people the freedom that the soldiers we're remembering died for? I'm pretty sure we do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    That's what I don't understand. If they're so vehemently against the West then why are they here? Of course we KNOW why they are here: easy life, benefits, all the luxaries and all the whilst spitting on the graves of the past Britons who made this country so great.

Just sick.

Amen to that.

And if you dare defend your country as a brit you are blasted as racist, prejudice etc. I am fed up of people coming to live in this country then slamming it.

I would never dream of going to another country and disrespecting their history, religion or values.
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep. And many of those who gave their lives were Muslim too:

Link to Metro story here.
    [...] Muslims contribution 'must not be forgotten'

The sacrifice made by Muslims fighting for Britain in the World Wars is being marked on Thursday as the nation remembers on Armistice Day.

More than 3.5million soldiers from the Asian subcontinent fought for Britain in the two conflicts, with tens of thousands killed in action.

The 2.5million men and women who came over to do their bit in World War II became the biggest volunteer force in history.

‘We need to remind not only the Muslim community but also the general public that the Muslim contribution to the defence of this nation runs deep,’ said secretary general Farooq Murad of the Muslim Council of Britain.

During World War I, Muslim troops in the Indian Army fought on the Western Front. By the end of the Great War, India had sent more than 1million troops. More than 47,000 died and 65,000 were wounded.

In World War II, 2.5million men and women fought for Britain, with 36,092 killed, 64,354 wounded and almost 80,000 taken prisoner.

Among the volunteers was Noor Inayat Khan, a radio operator for the Special Operations Executive.

She was parachuted into France in 1943 to send messages from the Resistance to London. Khan was eventually captured and tortured.

The Germans classified her ‘highly dangerous’ and she was sent to Dachau, where she was executed in 1944.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree.

Just ignore the hateful gits, that would wind them up much more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree.

Just ignore the hateful gits, that would wind them up much more.

This is also very true.
  • Skip_TechSkip_Tech Posts: 2,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asian EDL equivalent
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    And if you dare defend your country as a brit you are blasted as racist, prejudice etc. I am fed up of people coming to live in this country then slamming it.

I would never dream of going to another country and disrespecting their history, religion or values.

Absobloodyexactly.

Imagine the ramifications if you went to one of their countries, and did something really outrageous and blasphemous, such as naming a teddy bear Mohammed, or daring to draw a picture of him.
This discussion has been closed.