How do I get rid of the following from my PC?

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do not click on the following link:
http://alwaysisobar.com/4141/SystemVisual_142669159154678.dll
Edited by Moderators*

I have tried the following:

Malwarebytes.

Superantispyware.

Spybot Search & Destroy

Avast.

Comments

• LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reload.

And it's kind of reckless to post a dangerous link even if there is a disclaimer.

Next time, wrap it in code tags please.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loobster wrote: »
    Reload.

And it's kind of reckless to post a dangerous link even if there is a disclaimer.

Next time, wrap it in code tags please.

Which is why I putted do not click on the following link in the original post.

Avast pops up saying that Avast has blocked the file, so how do i get rid of it?
  • n_a1n_a1 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    1. Check your startup apps for anything you didn't install.
    2. Check services for anything that looks suspicious.
    3. Check task manager to see if anything is running in the background which shouldn't.
    4. Check your web browsers for suspect "browser helper objects / bho's".
    5. Run a file unlocker to delete the dll,
    http://www.brothersoft.com/download-unlocker-portable-431245.html
    6. If you notice the file keeps coming back, it could be that you have multiple instances of the same file renamed numerous times to hide it's self.
    7. If 6 is true you'll need to run anti-spyware,malware,virus to try and track down what it's linked too, I recommed kaspersky and eset.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Avast pops up saying that Avast has blocked the file, so how do i get rid of it?

Is this file on your PC or is Avast blocking a link to a website? I'm confused.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's not really enough. It would be best if you try and get the mods to edit the post.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    First, before anything, simply see if it can be uninstalled by the usual Add/Remove Programs. With some crapware, it's as easy as that.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is REALLY bad practice to post malware links. Even if people don't click them Google could think DS is linking to it and put warnings up for DS in Google search.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    It is REALLY bad practice to post malware links. Even if people don't click them Google could think DS is linking to it and put warnings up for DS in Google search.

The Mods have now heard and rectified (although I am at a loss as to why it took more than one Mod to edit a line of text. I wonder how they get on with light bulbs?)
  • BowdonBowdon Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why put the full url in to the forum?

This needs taking down immediately. Just saying alwaysisobar should be sufficient.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    n_a1 wrote: »
    1. Check your startup apps for anything you didn't install.
    2. Check services for anything that looks suspicious.
    3. Check task manager to see if anything is running in the background which shouldn't.
    4. Check your web browsers for suspect "browser helper objects / bho's".
    5. Run a file unlocker to delete the dll,
    http://www.brothersoft.com/download-unlocker-portable-431245.html
    6. If you notice the file keeps coming back, it could be that you have multiple instances of the same file renamed numerous times to hide it's self.
    7. If 6 is true you'll need to run anti-spyware,malware,virus to try and track down what it's linked too, I recommed kaspersky and eset.

How do I check for startup apps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Is this file on your PC or is Avast blocking a link to a website? I'm confused.

According to Avast, it's a file, but I've searched for it and it doesn't show up and neither of the scans that I did recently have picked up anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bowdon wrote: »
    Why put the full url in to the forum?

This needs taking down immediately. Just saying alwaysisobar should be sufficient.

1. I did not know how to put the url in the forum.

2. I also did not know how to put the url in a way that it would be unclickable.

So, thank you mods for fixing this.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I did not know how to put the url in the forum.

2. I also did not know how to put the url in a way that it would be unclickable.

So, thank you mods for fixing this.
    When you paste anything that looks like a URL into DS by default the forum software converts it into a clickable link.

There are two ways to prevent this happening. Edit the text of the link in such a way that it no longer looks like a URL. For example take out the "http://www." or just "www." at the start. Or insert spaces into the text, eg

digitalspy.co.uk

www. digitalspy. co. uk

Or if you are using the advanced edit box untick the setting "Automatically parse links in text" below the edit box

www.digitalspy.co.uk
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner Free might be worth a go

Been a while since I last had a look at it. It picked up maybe 20 items that Malwarebytes doesn't.

Some are 'No Risk' adware but it found a few old High Risk email attachments
    (Missed Delivery/You were out when we called UPS type ones which I know are dodgy anyway)

It runs in Windows and didn't ask for a reboot after

=-=-=

All the major AV suppliers also have free iso file Downloads to make your own boot CD/DVD/Flash-stick.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/13-antivirus-rescue-cds-software-compared-in-search-for-the-best-rescue-disk/