Options

Rihanna - "I loved to be tied up and spanked".

Comments

• Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    minxymoo wrote: »
    I agree with you..look at Peaches for example,but shes not aiming at the teenybopper market so she gets away with it.:)
    Rihannas detractors are probably complaining because of the age of her fanbase..having said that Lady GaGa has done some pretty sexy stuff and she has a young fanbase to..
    at the end of the day its all PR...;)

Pretty much, and she's not the first, Britney had a young fanbase, Miley Cyrus got flack for her "sexy new image".

Young people shouldn't really be listening to the song S&M in the first place if they are that impressionable, what do they think it's about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two reasons, one more serious than the other.

1. Watch the news and you will find that there are some awfully unpleasant people around. And I'm afraid to say most of the time they are men.

2. Perhaps less important in light of the bigger picture, but I do not really want to log on to a news website or an information portal and read that sort of filth. Not from a male, female or anyone. And I am not prudish, but there are times and places for things and I do not wish to have to explain it to my kids.

I feel quite proud that I have not taken the side in an argument of someone who reckons they "love to be tied up and spanked".

i tried watching the news like you suggested, and apparently theres a situation with an unpleasant person refusing to give up control of someone's labia... is his next target rihanna? they called him mad dog so i can only assume that he is a pervert driven insane by an evil pop temptress. but then again she does invite it on herself, enjoying sex and talking about it and whatnot.

honestly, i have more respect for your second reason than your first. worrying about your kids is a good thing, worrying that the whole of womankind is in danger if they discuss their sexual habits is a bit much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    ...worrying that the whole of womankind is in danger if they discuss their sexual habits is a bit much.

I would use the word 'broadcast' rather than 'discuss' in this context, but I think that I shall agree with you on one point and that is worrying about all this is a bit much and so now I have said my piece I am going to worry a bit less now and let the debate cool a little. Best wishes. :cool:
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanity prevails!!!!

I have been a fan of Rihanna since the days of Pon de Replay, but she seems to be reinforcing her obvious talent with unnecessary sexual innuendo these days. Compare that to the class and beauty of someone like Taylor Swift. Alright, being like Swifty wont win you fans like Chris Brown or (dare I say it) Kanye West, but do you want them as admirers anyway?

Taylor Swift? Class? Hasn't she allegedly ****ed most of the men in Hollywood? She's as dull as ditchwater and her songs are boring - at least Rihanna has personality, whether you like her outfits and provocative nature or not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would use the word 'broadcast' rather than 'discuss' in this context, but I think that I shall agree with you on one point and that is worrying about all this is a bit much and so now I have said my piece I am going to worry a bit less now and let the debate cool a little. Best wishes. :cool:

awww.. was it cos i said labia? :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    awww.. was it cos i said labia? :o:D

That'll be it. ;)
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I agree with you..look at Peaches for example,but shes not aiming at the teenybopper market so she gets away with it.:)
    Rihannas detractors are probably complaining because of the age of her fanbase..having said that Lady GaGa has done some pretty sexy stuff and she has a young fanbase to..

Sacrilege!!! How dare you put Rihanna and Peaches in the same sentence. :D Plus Peaches is clearly not aiming for sexiness ...she can wipe the floor with all Rhianna's and even Gaga's in the world. Peaches is a legend.:D
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Sacrilege!!! How dare you put Rihanna and Peaches in the same sentence. :D Plus Peaches is clearly not aiming for sexiness ...she can wipe the floor with all Rhianna's and even Gaga's in the world. Peaches is a legend.:D

noooo Viridiana..i LOVE Peaches!
    :cool:
    im a huge fan...i doubt the average Rihanna fan would care to know who she even was.;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noooo Viridiana..i LOVE Peaches!
    :cool:
    im a huge fan...i doubt the average Rihanna fan would care to know who she even was.;).

I knew you loved her...:D:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess, but Peaches has been about sex since day one.
    People knew what to expect from her right off the bat with songs like lovertits and F**k the pain away.

Rihanna didn't start ahem "spreading her legs" (sorry thats my interpretation of it) until shut up and drive really (and that was still light and undertoned). It came full-boom with rudeboy and carried into te amo so it was totally expected with the loud era but it is in a sense bizarre to release a song called S&M as its not gonna be that acceptable.

It's going to get censored heavily whether you want it to or not.

As for her liking to be dominated, fair dos but she should let her fans know you can be tough independant and yourself too. Unless interviewers like to edit that bit out then all fair to her.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I don't see a problem with her saying that. To me she just seems to be open about her sexuality. Other singers have said this kinda stuff in the past so it's not like it's particularly shocking. If parents don't want there kids hearing this stuff then they should ban them from certain websites, ban them from watching music videos so on. It's not the celebs to always worry about what they say incase kids read it etc.

Anyway I can't see kids thinking it's 'cool' just because Rihanna said, and if younger fans are willing to do stuff like that just because a celeb has said it then maybe they haven't been brought up properly.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    ...I can't understand her.. She gets beaten up by her boyfriend, he gets treat worse than a leper and now she's saying she likes to be tied up and hit (sorry, spanked...)...
    Jeez, how stupid.Trust another woman to come out with tripe like this.:rolleyes: She's a young girl/woman - as such she doesn't need to spend the rest of her life in a convent...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pfft she hasn't got an arse worth spanking. It'd be like smacking a couple of paracetamol in an old sock.

I would tie her up though.

Preferably in the f*****g desert and walk off to let her monotone ramblings amuse the vultures.
    Hello:)

I think she's the sexiest female alive- and that still counts for something in the hormonally rich environs that I frequent < namely, dinner with friends>

The worrying trend is the pre war sex that seems to be the only type advocated on some boards- the missionary delight- the splendour of frigidity.

The 'let's do it- let's fall into a pre coital agreement that demands long bouts of chastity' relationship.

She's a black Monroe- a awesome spectacle of liberal thought and confident sexuality.

You two are nothing if not creative! LOL
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member

Was her husband not accused of wife beating?
    Maybe he was only giving her a friendly spank?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I cannot believe the ignorance of some people in this thread. How could you EVER equate rough sex to domestic violence? Clearly one is consensual while the other is not, how could it even enter your head to say that the beating was just rough play from the bedroom gone too far?

I feel sorry for Rihanna because from now till the end of her career she will forever be expected to act like a victim. Not saying that she wasn't but she shouldn't be forced to act in a certain way just because that is what is expected.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is a big difference between being spanked and being bashed up by your abusive boyfriend. I'm guessing that Rhianna's talking about being slapped on the backside just hard enough so that she feels sexual arousal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do i Rihanna!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care what she gets up to in the bedroom but its a case of - the more you go on about how you are something, the less you actually are that thing. With her, she tries so hard to be sexy that she isn't really sexy. If she was naturally so she wouldn't have to do anything beyond the ordinary. I long to see a female singer who doesn't have to sell out to the lowest common denominator for once! The thing is, I think Rihanna has a nice voice, shes pretty, I like her songs, they're fun and great to dance to. She doesn't NEED to do all that cheap stuff. Is it to attract men? Cos men would like her anyway - she could ditch the over-sexed act and men would still be interested cos men like women full stop.

Its a bit like people who say things like "I'm straight up me, I'm as honest as the day is long". They are always dodgy.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Young people shouldn't really be listening to the song S&M in the first place if they are that impressionable, what do they think it's about?
    I had a good laugh at this. If any young person listens to S&M, I doubt they'd understand what it meant unless they actually went to the effort of finding out. And if they were old enough to know what it meant without having to put in any extra effort then I think they're mature enough to handle the content without suddenly wanting to chain men/women up and assault them with whips.
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, boring identi-kit artist talks 'controversial' (if you live in a Christian town in middle-America) bollocks to sell a record. Whatever next?

Let's not mince words, Rhianna is just one of many classless, artless imbeciles who thinks the art of seduction is ramming your leather-clad arsehole in someone's face.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id tie her up and spank her any day of the week. What a babe.
  • Options
    hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously?

two (or more if the urge takes ;) ) consenting people engaging in BDSM in a controlled, safe and trusted way is as far away from domestic violence as you can get.

Look at all friends a neighbours and I bet on the surface they like respectable ..... Bet you a good portion of them have dabbled in that sort of lifestyle - whether it's messing around with fluffy handcuffs, or a slap on the bum during sex - right up to the extreme of humiliation: pain.

The main difference between BDSM and domestic violence is consent and upholding personal boundaries and limits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I believe she has younger brothers...she should be a role model for them..how embarrassing, reading about your sister/daughter saying things like this and singing those kind of songs.

Each to their own..I don't like her style and only like a few of her songs. I'm just sick of seeing her face and hearing voice everywhere. It's like Cheryl Cole again!

I know Chris Brown did bad but everybody has the right to change and learn from their mistakes. He is a talented individual and needs support. He really needs to meet families/people who have suffered severe domestic abuse so he can see the real emotions and the real problems caused.

Rihanna has enough money and people to cover her scars and hide her emotions.

Rihanna's pictured were leaked on the net but then she came back to her music as if nothing had happened. All he can see is that she is making millions prancing around in her underwear....hardly a lesson for what he has done.

In the same way Rihanna needs lessons on morals and how to carry herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rizzy_87g wrote: »
    I believe she has younger brothers...she should be a role model for them..how embarrassing, reading about your sister/daughter saying things like this and singing those kind of songs.

Each to their own..I don't like her style and only like a few of her songs. I'm just sick of seeing her face and hearing voice everywhere. It's like Cheryl Cole again!

I know Chris Brown did bad but everybody has the right to change and learn from their mistakes. He is a talented individual and needs support. He really needs to meet families/people who have suffered severe domestic abuse so he can see the real emotions and the real problems caused.

Rihanna has enough money and people to cover her scars and hide her emotions.

Rihanna's pictured were leaked on the net but then she came back to her music as if nothing had happened. All he can see is that she is making millions prancing around in her underwear....hardly a lesson for what he has done.

In the same way Rihanna needs lessons on morals and how to carry herself.

LoL, joking surely?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with her saying that. To me she just seems to be open about her sexuality. Other singers have said this kinda stuff in the past so it's not like it's particularly shocking. If parents don't want there kids hearing this stuff then they should ban them from certain websites, ban them from watching music videos so on. It's not the celebs to always worry about what they say incase kids read it etc.

Anyway I can't see kids thinking it's 'cool' just because Rihanna said, and if younger fans are willing to do stuff like that just because a celeb has said it then maybe they haven't been brought up properly.

Its gotten far too out of control though. I won't put MTV on during the day as pretty much every video is raunchy and its not what I want my four year old to be watching. Even listening to the radio is risky.

I'm not for censoring everything before the watershed, but there needs to be a balance. If artists were told that songs or videos containing adult themes would only be played after the watershed there would be a huge shift in what was released.