Options

It Is Illogical To Demonize Those Earning Benefits

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    nafanny29 wrote: »
    I think taxpayers should be able to say whether they want part of their tax to be spent on benefits or not. Then make adjustments to the total benefit bill dependant on the results!!

My guess is there would be a not so small cut in benefits the next month :)

You, sir, are a flippin' sociopath. :cool:
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    How would one deal with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI4ypwacJFk
  • Options
    katywilkatywil Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how can anyone earn benefits? dont you have to do something to earn something?
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I swear she nearly laughed when telling us the name of her second daughter! :D

Brilliant charicature!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    katywil wrote: »
    how can anyone earn benefits? dont you have to do something to earn something?

Yes you can as already stated work force for one and carers allowance
  • Options
    Stan MarinoStan Marino Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Having kids to absent fathers is NOT to be condoned as it is today.

Yeah, those women who get pregnant by blokes who have already left and aren't there any more. Irresponsible. Miracle workers, but irresponsible.
  • Options
    archiverarchiver Posts: 13,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soupbowl wrote: »
    Although your sentiments, at first glance appear stark raving mad, there are a few nuggets in there. Society is a long way from accepting such changes, but there be some truth in some of what you say. But on the whole still a bit too radical.
    Thanks (I think). Radical maybe, but the alternative is war. Traditionally; we've wasted our bravest and even forced our most 'civil' to kill our current enemy. Such a waste, but pretty good for an economy and easily sold.

A civilisation unable to provide great jobs for all - should not demonise those they fail to cater for. Would be a start.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    archiver wrote: »
    Thanks (I think). Radical maybe, but the alternative is war. Traditionally; we've wasted our bravest and even forced our most 'civil' to kill our current enemy. Such a waste, but pretty good for an economy and easily sold.

A civilisation unable to provide great jobs for all - should not demonise those they fail to cater for. Would be a start.

Its not up to "civilisation" to create jobs, its up to individuals to create jobs.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not up to "civilisation" to create jobs, its up to individuals to create jobs.

It is up to society to create as few jobs as possible so everyone doesn't need to work so hard, and to share the wealth and resources as fairly as possible,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A create your own job scheme? I haven't heard of that. Could you provide a link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A create your own job scheme? I haven't heard of that. Could you provide a link?

my husband created his own job. he built a window cleaning round and its worked very well. no one helped him, no one gave him any handouts. we were very short of money at the start but he kept on going. its not impossible to create your own job. start a gardening service, sell things at markets and car boot sales. thats just a few simple ways to earn a decent living.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ah, every man for himself. What could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, every man for himself. What could possibly go wrong?

Where do you think jobs come from ?

Do they magically appear ?

No, at some point, someone started a business which grew and employed other people.

People always blame others for not having a job, there is no responsibility on anybody to give you a job. If you want a job, you have to have a skill that someone is willing to pay money for or you are going to have to create your own job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my husband created his own job. he built a window cleaning round and its worked very well. no one helped him, no one gave him any handouts. we were very short of money at the start but he kept on going. its not impossible to create your own job. start a gardening service, sell things at markets and car boot sales. thats just a few simple ways to earn a decent living.
    Great that you're both happy with that. Most are capable of, and have been educated for, so much more though. In a perfect world everyone would have a job they really enjoy doing, which earns them just a little bit more than they need to pay for their desired lifestyle. What we have is most hating every minute of the working day and blaming those who have no work at all. It's ugly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where do you think jobs come from ?

Do they magically appear ?

No, at some point, someone started a business which grew and employed other people.

People always blame others for not having a job, there is no responsibility on anybody to give you a job. If you want a job, you have to have a skill that someone is willing to pay money for or you are going to have to create your own job.

In a global economy, in a G8 country, with information and skills at a premium, it's going to take some investment and planning as a country to cope with economic challenges like the ones we currently face. Car boot sales and window cleaning won't work for everyone.

As it happens I run my own business but I don't want to be in a country that just leaves everyone to race to the bottom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a global economy, in a G8 country, with information and skills at a premium, it's going to take some investment and planning as a country to cope with economic challenges like the ones we currently face. Car boot sales and window cleaning won't work for everyone.

As it happens I run my own business but I don't want to be in a country that just leaves everyone to race to the bottom.

All the unskilled work has gone to China unfortunately. The only stuff left is the ones that are captive to this country, like low paid service jobs.

People are going to have to get creative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Soupbowl wrote: »
    "Earning"? benefits?

you dont get jobseekers unless you have applied for a certain number of jobs so technically it is earned
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the unskilled work has gone to China unfortunately. The only stuff left is the ones that are captive to this country, like low paid service jobs.

People are going to have to get creative.

Or they can just carry on not worrying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great that you're both happy with that. Most are capable of, and have been educated for, so much more though. In a perfect world everyone would have a job they really enjoy doing, which earns them just a little bit more than they need to pay for their desired lifestyle. What we have is most hating every minute of the working day and blaming those who have no work at all. It's ugly.

educated for more???? ha ha ha. more what? most are educated to the lowest possible denomination. others are educated beyond their capabilities. thats why no one works. you sneer at a window cleaning job. do you think its beneath todays school leavers? do they think its beneath them? yes i think they do. thats why they have kids and spend their lives on benefits btw. there is no perfect world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you dont get jobseekers unless you have applied for a certain number of jobs so technically it is earned

oh you poor sad soul. you have worked for at least ten minutes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oh you poor sad soul. you have worked for at least ten minutes?

i apply for over 100 a week yet never nmake it past the post do a good 3 hours per day of looking
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i apply for over 100 a week yet never nmake it past the post do a good 3 hours per day of looking

BLIMEY, and I thought I was keen at 5- 8 applications per day! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    BLIMEY, and I thought I was keen at 5- 8 applications per day! :eek:

if i dont make my target 100 i get very depressed when i get turned down i get very depressed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if i dont make my target 100 i get very depressed when i get turned down i get very depressed

It really is soul destroying isn't it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    It really is soul destroying isn't it!

it certainly is if i had the guts i think if it continued id top myself but i dont have the guts